Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla needs to realize we in north and north east have smaller summer times than rest of the country. If they are gonna equip their cars with summer tires they need to deliver those to us before the summer is almost gone. Somebody tell them!
I think Tesla might be taking the opposite approach. Maybe they are only shipping them to places where it's always summer because they have summer tires. ;)

you are one of the few wise ones. i'm only doing ppf on the bumper for $500. price was the main only reason, others were to support local small business and the shop was very knowledgeable and professional. PPF does not add value (90-99%) when you sell, especially to a dealer. normal wear and tear is factored into used vehicles! a car with a few paint chips vs the same car with zero paint ships is the same. they wholesale/auction it off immediately. FYI
which shop?

Ah okay. Yeah I did one of the stickers for my wife's car, and haven't really had any issues after 2 years with it peeling or falling off. Although, putting a sticker on a car like this seems kind of cheap lol. I wonder if the shops that do the ceramic tinting also would be willing plasti dip the logos for a small extra fee?
Its possible they would, not sure about the small fee part since it still takes time, assuming about an hour. But I had stickers too on my last m3p, on the wheels and logos and they were great for the 3 years I had it on my car, no issues

So has there been any consensus on what you should typically charge the new M3P to? Is it still 80%? Is it okay to charge to 100% occasionally if you know you will be going on a longer trip?

This will be my first Tesla so I am trying to familiarize myself with this stuff
Charge to 80% for daily driving, charge to 100% for longer trips. Really shouldn’t be any different than prior generation M3P.

Well, as required by federal law, i will be leaving this thread. I am off to take delivery of my tax eligible LR AWD that i switched to and so i can no longer actively participate here and must move to the LR AWD thread. I know, i am not happy about it either, but rules are rules!

It was fun being a part of the discussion and chatter and i look forward to seeing more of you on the road in the near future. Good luck!

Hi guys, sorry for the new messages without saying hi, but I just wanted to let yall know what happened to me. I placed an order on may 10th for a gray performance and up until yesterday my EDD was July 29-September 6, but this morning I got a call from a Tesla advisor because he was trying to get me to switch to a long range because they had plenty in stock but I asked him if he had any performances with my specs around and he had one on demo and because it’s a demo car it won’t attach the vin to anyone’s account. So moral of the story is I just wanted to tel yall to call the Tesla center and make sure they don’t have any performances in the area. I’m now picking up my car on Saturday the 22nd.
Best of luck to everyone.

i recently did a spreadsheet for my local tint shops. based on my many hours of Googling, youtube-ing, Llumar seems to be the best and proven history. My M3P is sitting in s detail shop getting tints an Stek PPF.

Not many shops offer Llumar. i was close to settling for 3M
i would get Kavaca instead of Xpel.

here's a Reddit post:

Want to know a secret about window tint? Almost all brands are reboxes of the big names (Eastman, Solar Gard, Garware, and a couple of smaller ones.). Let me break it down a bit further.

...Moral - they all are mostly the same aside from slight differences (i.e. polymer color change, adhesive strength, etc.) so choose whichever has the numbers and customer service to your liking.
Does this aaply to vinyl wrap too? Or are they original products developed by Avery or 3m for example?

I'm still sitting on no vin for an order 45 minutes after things went live... It's getting stupid at this point.

Ditto. It cracks me up that if someone who ordered an LR a few months ago switches to a P they immediately get prioritized, ostensibly due to time. Yet we order at the front of the line and get zero priority. Please make it make sense.

Reactions: Dan. G