Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was the day! Delivery went swimmingly. Car fit and finish are overall much better than the one I took delivery of in December, which was already on-par with most cars I’ve bought. Tight gaps, even on the glass roof, paint looks good (and not like it’s been cleaned with a brillo pad, like my last one), and there’s literally nothing to complain about, even if I nitpick.

Mobile charger included, like everyone else delivered recently.

Process went really well in Charlotte. Showed up about 20 minutes early, super busy day for them. Took me back to do paperwork inside of 5 minutes. Checked out the car thoroughly, then it was about 5 minutes to sign papers and leave. The process is quite smooth, when it works!

Anyway, here it is! Time to get tires mounted on my wheels, so I can get rid of these rubber bands!

This thing is still insanely fast. Now just need @Flatbroke to get his!

BE4FB652-DA17-4EE4-8563-C772B3A8FE8C.jpeg

Today was the day! Delivery went swimmingly. Car fit and finish are overall much better than the one I took delivery of in December, which was already on-par with most cars I’ve bought. Tight gaps, even on the glass roof, paint looks good (and not like it’s been cleaned with a brillo pad, like my last one), and there’s literally nothing to complain about, even if I nitpick.

Process went really well in Charlotte. Showed up about 20 minutes early, super busy day for them. Took me back to do paperwork inside of 5 minutes. Checked out the car thoroughly, then it was about 5 minutes to sign papers and leave. The process is quite smooth, when it works!

Anyway, here it is! Time to get tires mounted on my wheels, so I can get rid of these rubber bands!

View attachment 837908
Congratulations. It looks fantastic. I wish I had changed to red and not listed to the SA about it being delayed if I did.

View attachment 837908
Oh my that red is a thing of beauty. I am so excited to get mine sometime soon! That red is just:

giphy.gif

View attachment 837908
Congratulations! Wow... That is a great look.

Reactions: 3geekfamily

View attachment 837908
Glad to hear delivery went off without a problem. Exact same build as mine. Looks good

View attachment 837908

The red looks so nice! Congrats @3geekfamily, extremely happy for you.

Which wheels did you get aftermarket? How about the tire brand and size?

I'm still debating between 20s and 19s. The reason for 20s is that it looks so darn good on the M3P (despite the rubber bands) and I plan to have 18s as a winter set. 19s would suffice all season, but it still looks a tad small for my taste on the M3P. Tough choices. I've been going back and forth forever with the order page up on the browser. 19s or 20s hmmm...

Enjoy!

The red looks so nice! Congrats @3geekfamily, extremely happy for you.

Which wheels did you get aftermarket? How about the tire brand and size?

I'm still debating between 20s and 19s. The reason for 20s is that it looks so darn good on the M3P (despite the rubber bands) and I plan to have 18s as a winter set. 19s would suffice all season, but it still looks a tad small for my taste on the M3P. Tough choices. I've been going back and forth forever with the order page up on the browser. 19s or 20s hmmm...

Enjoy!
19x9.5 +28 Volk TE37 Ultra M-Spec in OG bronze. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 265/35.

I can’t imagine running 20’s on this long-term on the crap roads we have here, I’ll spend a fortune replacing tires. I’d have preferred 18’s, but I think those do look too small. The Model 3 can look a bit like a minivan with the wrong wheel, from some angles…

Also, I’m doing the DIY Brembo 6-piston upgrade. Uses the calipers from the CTS-V, and Girodisc rotors in the front. Rear will probably be stock for a while. I’ll obviously post pics once all of that is done! I’ll probably get the tires mounted next week, I’ve just had a heck of a time finding a place I trust to mount tires on these expensive-a$$ wheels!

Congratulations. It looks fantastic. I wish I had changed to red and not listed to the SA about it being delayed if I did.
Honestly they all look good! I personally think red is the most dynamic color, but I absolutely love the blue (especially in the sunlight), and white looks amazing with the carbon fiber spoiler, etc. It’s really tough to go wrong - but why not give changing your color a try at this point? It might kickstart whatever is broken with your order.

Oh, one more important thing. Despite my iPhone 13 Pro saying it is ‘connected’ on the security page in my app, my wife was NOT able to overzealously open the door, despite me being within ~5 feet of the car. It would not open until I was standing right next to the door - exactly the same behavior as my last M3P.

So I’m not sure why people are having the issue where other people can open their car from ~10 feet away…

Honestly they all look good! I personally think red is the most dynamic color, but I absolutely love the blue (especially in the sunlight), and white looks amazing with the carbon fiber spoiler, etc. It’s really tough to go wrong - but why not give changing your color a try at this point? It might kickstart whatever is broken with your order.
Good point

Reactions: 3geekfamily