Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking, figured I should probably contribute.

Order date 6/5. White exterior, black interior
First EDD: 7/12-8/9
First two week window: 7/25-8/8
2nd: 7/31-8/15
3rd: 8/5-8/19

Starting to feel like I’ll be handed the torch from flatbroke when/if he gets a car
4th: 8/9-8/20. Technically not a 2 week but still

4th: 8/9-8/20. Technically not a 2 week but still
Hoping that the west coast will get some action soon. It's very clear that despite how close we are to ground zero, the folks on the west coast get the short end of the stick with the allocation.

Who knows though, our 2 week windows and VIN can happen really fast. On the contrary we have the, not so luxury and potential of getting bit with the EOQ bug.

I think we'll be okay though for the most part. If we can avg the 6-8 weeks from OD to DD, that'll be good.

I keep reminding myself of @Flatbroke 's situation and those that have the strong will & patience to reject their Tesla after waiting so long due to major defects. (QC issues)

This coming week will mark the 6-8 weeks for some June ODs so we shall see.... Seeing that you have movement is inspiring in its own way.

Hang in there buddy. It looks like what I call the EDD rubber band effect. I've been seeing this happen and in some cases the window bounces back.

I'm still waiting for my 2 week window and hopefully a VIN soon. Hoping for the best for us all and looking forward to some good news for us west coast folks here soon.
Hi Unlock, side note here. I tried to respond to your DM but seem to be limited on privileges given I’m a new member of the forum. I’d love to stay in the loop via Telegram with you all. Appreciate you having reached out and hopefully some love comes towards us west coasters soon!

Reactions: gtcrispy
To those who financed with Tesla… if I want to put down $5k as deposit, can I use my card to do that or how is collected? (Gotta get the points!)

It's my understanding that credit cards can be used only for the initial $250 order fee. The down payment is collected by Tesla via ACH. Third-party lenders may have different policies, but I think openness to credit cards for down payments (or even the entire purchase amount) is more common with traditional car dealerships.

If you're considering EAP, you can pay for that after the initial purchase using a credit card.

New member here - just adding a data point.
Ordered 7/1 MSM/White, Located in SoCal. EDD's below.
7/2: [9/2 - 10/14] | 7/20: [8/21 - 9/15] | 7/31 (this morning): [8/3 - 8/16]. No VIN yet but a 13 day window!
Update: 4 days into my 13 day window and I just got my VIN! 328xxx. EDD updated to 8/8 - 8/14.

No text about the car leaving the factory or scheduling pickup yet, but it looks like I'll be picking it up sometime next week!

Update: 4 days into my 13 day window and I just got my VIN! 328xxx. EDD updated to 8/8 - 8/14.

No text about the car leaving the factory or scheduling pickup yet, but it looks like I'll be picking it up sometime next week!

Congrats - nice to see somebody in CA getting a VIN!

Congrats as well! I agree it's very nice to see some action for us in the West!

Nice! I think this is the first time I've seen someone in CA get a VIN since I joined.

Delivery day today! Scheduled for picked around 12pm CST and I showed up about 30 minutes early. They gave me the key cards and was able to do an inspection. Fit and finish was on point! No issues. Mobil charging cable was included in the trunk... My original OD was 6/16. Overall could not be happier. Still very tragic we have to wait so long for these kinds of cars. They are certainly very special.
PXL_20220806_203254413.jpg
PXL_20220806_203141107.jpg

Delivery day today! Scheduled for picked around 12pm CST and I showed up about 30 minutes early. They gave me the key cards and was able to do an inspection. Fit and finish was on point! No issues. Mobil charging cable was included in the trunk... My original OD was 6/16. Overall could not be happier. Still very tragic we have to wait so long for these kinds of cars. They are certainly very special.
View attachment 837543View attachment 837544
Congrats. My exact spec. Makes the wait even harder. Here in CA with a 6/18 OD and still waiting for something/anything.

prabhat_ad got the first VIN I've seen for CA since the end of JUNE! Congrats to you as well!

Worried the majority of us CA folks are going to have to ride this out until the end of Sept (EOQ) but still hopeful that we will get cars before then.

They also might just be backing off on the CA deliveries because these cars are already everywhere out here! It's like you got sent 10 years into the future and almost every other car is a Model 3.

The down payment is collected by Tesla via ACH.
[snipped]
If you're considering EAP, you can pay for that after the initial purchase using a credit card.
Everyone should be aware that when you pay for the car (or the down payment) with an ACH payment, Tesla will add that account as your DEFAULT payment method for any other purchases you make going forward (EAP, accessories, premium connectivity, etc.) If you want to use the credit card you used for the deposit on future purchases, you must go into your account settings on the app and change the default payment method. I had no idea this was done automatically by Tesla, and it cost me a $29 overdraft charge on the checking account I used to pay for the car. When I contacted Tesla to tell them I didn't appreciate them making my checking account my default payment method without informing me, and that they should refund the overdraft penalty they caused, they told me to pound sand. 🤬