Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email from Tesla saying to add my insurance to complete my tasks. ....Except I can’t get insurance without a vin where I live.
They just want current proof of auto coverage. Since you're in a state where the purchase requires coverage on the vehicle itself, once you get the VIN, get the quote and set the coverage start date the day of pickup. The delivery center will ask you for proof of coverage on the Tesla either the days before or the day of pickup.

Reactions: TBrownTX
They just want current proof of auto coverage. Since you're in a state where the purchase requires coverage on the vehicle itself, once you get the VIN, get the quote and set the coverage start date the day of pickup. The delivery center will ask you for proof of coverage on the Tesla either the days before or the day of pickup.

I know all this. My post was being sarcastic, I have no insurance right now because I had to cancel it when my car didn't arrive in December (I had already sold my previous LR). I just find it funny that Tesla is asking me for insurance info when I can't get insurance till they give me a VIN.

I took a gamble and ordered thinking Q1 cars would get the new door cards and that they just haven't updated the website yet. However, seeing post about RHD cars now be coming out of china has me worried that Tesla will continue with the old stateside until they run out of inventory. I guess we'll see!

30 days AFTER the initial 60 days causes another hard inquiry? Or 30 days after being approved?

So, we're also considering buying a new house and my loan officer explained to me that multiple inquiries with in a 30 day period (where your shopping around for a loan) do not have the same impact as when you have an inquiry that's outside of that 30 day.

One looks like shopping for a good rate the other looks like you're on a spending spree.

So, we're also considering buying a new house and my loan officer explained to me that multiple inquiries with in a 30 day period (where your shopping around for a loan) do not have the same impact as when you have an inquiry that's outside of that 30 day.

One looks like shopping for a good rate the other looks like you're on a spending spree.
Oh, AFAIK for auto loans the grace period is 14 days for vantage or 45 days for FICO.