Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No longer in the blank club. 1/28 ordered for Indianapolis delivery.
1615384620085.png

Estimated Delivery: March 12 - March 28

History from newest to oldest:
  • March 11 - March 28
  • March 07 - March 27
  • 5-8 weeks from order date
  • March 17 - March 31
  • Mar 11 - Apr 1
Ordered Red/White M3P on 2/4 in Phoenix, AZ

I'm going to stop posting until I get my VIN or the window tightens a bit, because I think I'm at that point where each day we get closer, it'll push back a day and the 28th date will stay the maximum.

On Thursday, Mar 4th, my SA said 1.5 weeks and the week before he said 2.5 weeks when I asked. So if my SA is right, I'm guessing Mar 15th/16th delivery. Let's see how good of a guessing skill I have.

I have an appointment at the detailer to get the tint, PPF and ceramic coating done on the 17th at 8am, so let's hope I don't need to reschedule!
Mine also keeps adding a day with the last day staying the same (March 21). It’s like it’s a code with d+1 lol. Or a hell no we won’t deliver within 48 hrs of today!

Reactions: rancur
True. #1 reason I didn’t/won’t pull the trigger is the $1000 price increase made me lose the $2000 rebate in NY...

so while it’s already 4500 more than the 3, it just became 6500 (the 3 still gets the rebate).

6500 for space I don’t need, when I prefer the driver position in the 3.... hard to swallow.

Still tempting

Reactions: Venom
There is M3P gray/black available in Miami If anyone is interested!!!

I saw that early this morning, but it's gone. I have a recent M3P on order for June delivery. If I see a M3P added to inventory in Florida, do I contact my SA to go for it, or reserve it online and then change the paperwork?

Thanks.

Snade

Jupiter, FL

I saw that early this morning, but it's gone. I have a recent M3P on order for June delivery. If I see a M3P added to inventory in Florida, do I contact my SA to go for it, or reserve it online and then change the paperwork?

Thanks.

Snade

Jupiter, FL
I'd also recommend visiting/calling your local SC and asking if they have any M3Ps in their inventory. The SC has access to the hidden inventory that isn't available on their website yet. That's how I got my brand new MYP within 5 days of ordering.

True. #1 reason I didn’t/won’t pull the trigger is the $1000 price increase made me lose the $2000 rebate in NY...

so while it’s already 4500 more than the 3, it just became 6500 (the 3 still gets the rebate).

6500 for space I don’t need, when I prefer the driver position in the 3.... hard to swallow.

Still tempting
I don't know what my SA did, but I didn't get charged the extra 1k. I only got charged for the color change - base price stayed the same @54K.

Delivery window has disappeared here as well. My SA hasn’t responded in a few days either unfortunately

obviously with me ordering on the 2.25 I have no reason to be this impatient, but the window of 3.25-3.31 had my hopes up!

maybe it’s a site-wide thing?
this is what happened to me at the end of last year...hasn't happened this month yet so hopefully i get it this quarter for a total of wait 5 months instead of 7-8 months if i don't get it soon.

FYI, my window right now is 12th through 23rd.

Per the tracking sheet, only 12 P3D VINs got assigned in Q1 2021 (so far) vs. 49 in Q4 2020. That's also way lower than Q1 2020 (36 VINs assigned).

1. Is this mostly due to the relatively small data set (not enough sample data)?
2. Or is this due to Tesla prioritizing non-Performance trims over Performance ones?
3. Or due to Tesla prioritizing Model Y over Model 3?
4. Or due to Tesla prioritizing European deliveries over North America deliveries?

Per the tracking sheet, only 12 P3D VINs got assigned in Q1 2021 (so far) vs. 49 in Q4 2020. That's also way lower than Q1 2020 (36 VINs assigned).

1. Is this mostly due to the relatively small data set (not enough sample data)?
2. Or is this due to Tesla prioritizing non-Performance trims over Performance ones?
3. Or due to Tesla prioritizing Model Y over Model 3?
4. Or due to Tesla prioritizing European deliveries over North America deliveries?
Or is it because we have three weeks left in the quarter, which are the weeks during which most VIN assignments occur? I’m not sure we can really assess this until the quarter is over.

Reactions: rancur and TBrownTX
I'd also recommend visiting/calling your local SC and asking if they have any M3Ps in their inventory. The SC has access to the hidden inventory that isn't available on their website yet. That's how I got my brand new MYP within 5 days of ordering.
Good idea. Thank you. My SC is only a ten minute drive from my house.

One other question, there are a few MYP in inventory near me, does the MYP sit higher than the M3P? One of the many things that impressed me about M3P during the test drive was how the car cornered - felt as good or better than my BMW.

Cheers.

Snade

One other question, there are a few MYP in inventory near me, does the MYP sit higher than the M3P? One of the many things that impressed me about M3P during the test drive was how the car cornered - felt as good or better than my BMW.

Cheers.

Snade
I'd highly recommend test driving both. You'll definitely know which is right for you after that. My conclusion after driving both was that I'd be incredibly happy with either car. The M3P handles better since it's smaller and has a lower center of gravity, but the MYP is very close to it. I also really liked the extra space in the Y, especially for passengers. I don't really need extra space, but it's always nice to have as it gives you more options in the future.

I don't know what my SA did, but I didn't get charged the extra 1k. I only got charged for the color change - base price stayed the same @54K.
It’s not that. It’s the base on sticker is over 60k for the Y now.
That makes no 2k rebate in NY. It’s not the sticker price, it’s the gap between MYP and M3P getting bigger that made me balk and definitively settle on the 3.

Cheers.

Snade

I'd highly recommend test driving both back to back. I went in thinking I would get a MYP for its utility aspect (having kids and such), however after driving both it was clear to me that the Y just isn't as enjoyable to drive. Way harsher / unrefined ride, doesn't handle as well, and feels moderately slower in acceleration compared to the MP3.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro