Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of you haven’t placed your order yet you arw pretty much already waiting next quarter. Feature wise I don’t think there will be major differences so there isn’t much benefit waiting from that point of view and prices are creeping up slowly. You can always place your order now and have it put in hold until you are ready. Deliveries happens in quarter. So ordering now enables you to unhold your order quickly in Q3 placing you ahead on line for the first Q3 deliveries in september.
yea I am expecting to hear a delivery date more solid next weekend spoke to the delivery tech guy , he was abrupt seemed a little annoyed but said he didnt have anything to do till they gave him the go ahead. right now its just june9-29th so im in this quarter its black/black M3P no FSD I have already ordered new mats (they are here at the shop along with the quartz coating and clear vinyl film for the paint protector) I also have a black EVANNEX front bumper that should be here soon already painted to match on the way. That stuff can be put into storage till next quarter though. I guess im just asking if anyone thinks I would be better served just to wait since Tesla wont have any problem moving on to another buyer with my car and my money may go further if I buy TSLA now or maybe I should wait and hope it stays low and grab the car then go for the stock next quarter?

yea I am expecting to hear a delivery date more solid next weekend spoke to the delivery tech guy , he was abrupt seemed a little annoyed but said he didnt have anything to do till they gave him the go ahead. right now its just june9-29th so im in this quarter its black/black M3P no FSD I have already ordered new mats (they are here at the shop along with the quartz coating and clear vinyl film for the paint protector) I also have a black EVANNEX front bumper that should be here soon already painted to match on the way. That stuff can be put into storage till next quarter though. I guess im just asking if anyone thinks I would be better served just to wait since Tesla wont have any problem moving on to another buyer with my car and my money may go further if I buy TSLA now or maybe I should wait and hope it stays low and grab the car then go for the stock next quarter?
Not financial advice but I am feeling stocks may be rolling over like crypto just did last week. There has been correlation and we are certainly due for a correction in the market. That being said I added to my $TSLA position @ $550 thinking we had found the local bottom and I've got a pretty good DCA. Just keeping a tight stop with the market unstable is always a good idea. If we have a correction I'd say the 7.5% annual depreciation rate of the Model 3 wouldn't be a bad place to park some money. Wish I had pulled more out of the crypto market a couple weeks ago and did the same. Hoping for an exit pump to get out until next cycle.

Reactions: Rob LsTa
Well… I’m out of things to do lol… financing is all taken care of, old car is sold, accessories picked out…. Just give me by vin dangit 😜
If your accessories are only picked out, ther are still things to do. 😏 I hear you though, I’ve already ordered so much stuff, I‘m having to search for stuff I didn’t know I was going to need…er, want. I’ll need to rearrange my garage space to get the car in when it finally comes.

Not financial advice but I am feeling stocks may be rolling over like crypto just did last week. There has been correlation and we are certainly due for a correction in the market. That being said I added to my $TSLA position @ $550 thinking we had found the local bottom and I've got a pretty good DCA. Just keeping a tight stop with the market unstable is always a good idea. If we have a correction I'd say the 7.5% annual depreciation rate of the Model 3 wouldn't be a bad place to park some money. Wish I had pulled more out of the crypto market a couple weeks ago and did the same. Hoping for an exit pump to get out until next cycle.
yea you see thats what im thinking too. Ill have enough to invest that same amount in TSLA/BTC next Q as it may continue to go down , dont see any other option for it really. I was just wanting to kind of get someone else's feel for the market as well really. Dont sell though as you know it might take a couple years but it will go back up. Im just wanting to time it right and Ive been feeling that this isnt quite the bottom yet maybe in a couple months we may bounce off a low but not quite yet. Im just not one for instant gratification and even with the wait for my 3 I still feel like it will be here very soon and as such dont want to miss that opportunity to buy in at the bottom either.

Reactions: Red Leader NH
Whats everyones opinion on waiting till next quarter to take delivery? I have the funds for the M3P but cant decide should I buy more TSLA with that money and wait or go ahead and take delivery. I am really excited about the car but dont need it really.
If you can and have the desire to wait, maybe you should. If the Green Act is passed you might end up saving some money. I hope to get my car ASAP and would like to take advantage of current trade in values.

Ordered M3LR AWD 5/13. Earlier today estimated delivery was June 11th - June 30th. Just now changed to 5-11 weeks. RIP

Here is the life cycle of my delivery estimates:
June 17th-30th (at purchase)
June 11th-30th (5/19 update)
June 17tth-July 29th i.e. 5-11 weeks from order date (5/22 update).

If you can and have the desire to wait, maybe you should. If the Green Act is passed you might end up saving some money. I hope to get my car ASAP and would like to take advantage of current trade in values.
not really worried about that. Waiting on govco is like watching government paint dry. Also who knows maybe they make it retroactive to some date and we get to write it off anyway? more concerned about that money sitting there waiting on a date that seems to be getting further and further away and it could be making me money in another asset. I can say this, IF between now and the time they tell me to come get my car the market takes a hard nose dive I will put it off because that money will be headed toward TSLA or BTC. The bonus will be that im locked in so if that government thing does happen I can take the benefit without the specter of the increase in the M3P's overall cost as I ordered it. Now thats a thought I hadn't had.