Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to pick up car today and my wife immediately noticed this paint issue on the rear quarter panel (right next to the passenger door).

I asked a SA walking by to look and he was quite surprised at the issue. They added some touch up paint but it made it look even worse. The SA and detail person said they will need to repaint the entire rear quarter panel due to location/depth of damage. I asked if paint will match rest of car and they said it should but cannot guarantee it (?)

This is attempt #2 and I have paid in full since 1st week of June. I really wanted to take delivery today.

What would you do in this situation? Take delivery, repaint the rear quarter panel, and hope for the best?

View attachment 693078

I dunno. It looks like a chunk of more than just paintwork is missing in that photo but maybe it's tiny in person.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Definitely smaller but still noticeable. Didn't take a pic from afar as SA happened to walk by as I was taking this pic. Should have taken another pic with the touch up paint on. Looked like a little fried egg on top :D
Ya that is not acceptable to just put touch up paint on that... Who is going to repaint it? It is brand new and the color shouldn't be hard for a good paint shop to match. That is crazy.

Reactions: nyudoc04
2021 Model 3 | Tesla

Still there as of my posting now. If link takes you to a default shop page then it's gone.
hmmm...I put in a call back request.

I really wanted black/white but I have a Red Y and the red is stunning.

This also begs the question of, what is it doing there? Did someone refuse delivery due to it being messed up?

Also, I hate that wood interior but that's easy to change out.

hmmm...I put in a call back request.

I really wanted black/white but I have a Red Y and the red is stunning.

This also begs the question of, what is it doing there? Did someone refuse delivery due to it being messed up?

Also, I hate that wood interior but that's easy to change out.
Ya I would go look at that car first before switching. Make sure it isn't someone's dud. Lots of kits if you don't like the wood. Seen some pretty good Carbon fiber ones.

Reactions: phantasms
NEMA 14-50 installed today :)

Attachments

• D1E21141-23CF-4ADC-BFF4-90181B6D0C16.jpeg
    D1E21141-23CF-4ADC-BFF4-90181B6D0C16.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 72
Ya I would go look at that car first before switching. Make sure it isn't someone's dud. Lots of kits if you don't like the wood. Seen some pretty good Carbon fiber ones.

I was "this close" but then realized I have to pay the $2k transport fee. Paying $2k to get my second choice interior and exterior is a bummer. I'll keep waiting. lol

Ya that is not acceptable to just put touch up paint on that... Who is going to repaint it? It is brand new and the color shouldn't be hard for a good paint shop to match. That is crazy.
their body shop is suppose to repaint it. It is brand new. It's fine. I'm going to wait and see what happens. Hope everyone here has a smooth delivery asap!

Went to pick up car today and my wife immediately noticed this paint issue on the rear quarter panel (right next to the passenger door).

I asked a SA walking by to look and he was quite surprised at the issue. They added some touch up paint but it made it look even worse. The SA and detail person said they will need to repaint the entire rear quarter panel due to location/depth of damage. I asked if paint will match rest of car and they said it should but cannot guarantee it (?)

This is attempt #2 and I have paid in full since 1st week of June. I really wanted to take delivery today.

What would you do in this situation? Take delivery, repaint the rear quarter panel, and hope for the best?

View attachment 693078
RUN. FAST. Seriously, you DO NOT want to try to fix that with touch up. It's impossible. Do not accept delivery of this vehicle.

• Funny
Reactions: nyudoc04