Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not one to really care about EDD's beyond a daily dose of dopamine, but since Tesla gave me an update (moved up 3 days) I figured I'd chime in. New updates, even if they're a near-pointless metric, show that they're more optimistic about M3 production timelines right now based on what I've seen over the last week with consistent movements up, and closer to a true 30 day order-to-delivery goal.

Can't say the same for the Y, though. December was the last EDD (no specific date in December) then it dropped off for the last 48 hours.

This means that 3's are likely being pumped out as quick as they can, with the performance being about 4 weeks out. We'll see if my hypothesis holds up.

Not one to really care about EDD's beyond a daily dose of dopamine, but since Tesla gave me an update (moved up 3 days) I figured I'd chime in. New updates, even if they're a near-pointless metric, show that they're more optimistic about M3 production timelines right now based on what I've seen over the last week with consistent movements up, and closer to a true 30 day order-to-delivery goal.

Can't say the same for the Y, though. December was the last EDD (no specific date in December) then it dropped off for the last 48 hours.

This means that 3's are likely being pumped out as quick as they can, with the performance being about 4 weeks out. We'll see if my hypothesis holds up.
Seeing the same trend on here that most people are getting their M3P in about a month unless they got the white seats. Seen a few that ordered the white with white combo and those seem to be taking longer...

I got my Tesla wall charger installed this morning. I think it made the wait worse now lol. I have a garage full of accessories and a charger waiting but NO DAMN CAR !!!! 🤣
They are really great cars to drive. Really nice not having to go to the gas station!! I'm going from a 2017 model S to the M3P and still really excited to get mine. Just waiting for them to contact me to setup delivery and payment now!!

They are really great cars to drive. Really nice not having to go to the gas station!! I'm going from a 2017 model S to the M3P and still really excited to get mine. Just waiting for them to contact me to setup delivery and payment now!!
Nice. I will probably move to an S in about 3-4 years. I am still paying on my truck (F-150) for about another year so I couldn't swing a S right now. At least you have a VIN that means you are close. I expect to get my VIN next week.

Reactions: THXULTRA
Nice. I will probably move to an S in about 3-4 years. I am still paying on my truck (F-150) for about another year so I couldn't swing a S right now. At least you have a VIN that means you are close. I expect to get my VIN next week.
We ordered the same day so my guess is Tesla is in shorter supply of White seats. That is the only difference in our orders other then location. Really like the new model S but also a big jump in price to go that route. Really like the refresh they did though. The 17inch screen with better computer is really nice. I will miss the hatchback on the S also. I put my dogs back there when I take them to the Vet. Smaller M3 will be nice though as well. Looking forward to having the better range (mine is just a 75D) and Full Self driving features when they come out.

• Love
Reactions: digid80
I got my Tesla wall charger installed this morning. I think it made the wait worse now lol. I have a garage full of accessories and a charger waiting but NO DAMN CAR !!!! 🤣
Same here but a few weeks ago. A nice green glow on garage wall is patiently awaiting something to plug into!

Went to pick up car today and my wife immediately noticed this paint issue on the rear quarter panel (right next to the passenger door).

I asked a SA walking by to look and he was quite surprised at the issue. They added some touch up paint but it made it look even worse. The SA and detail person said they will need to repaint the entire rear quarter panel due to location/depth of damage. I asked if paint will match rest of car and they said it should but cannot guarantee it (?)

This is attempt #2 and I have paid in full since 1st week of June. I really wanted to take delivery today.

What would you do in this situation? Take delivery, repaint the rear quarter panel, and hope for the best?

IMG_6526.PNG

Went to pick up car today and my wife immediately noticed this paint issue on the rear quarter panel (right next to the passenger door).

I asked a SA walking by to look and he was quite surprised at the issue. They added some touch up paint but it made it look even worse. The SA and detail person said they will need to repaint the entire rear quarter panel due to location/depth of damage. I asked if paint will match rest of car and they said it should but cannot guarantee it (?)

This is attempt #2 and I have paid in full since 1st week of June. I really wanted to take delivery today.

What would you do in this situation? Take delivery, repaint the rear quarter panel, and hope for the best?

View attachment 693078
:( How does it look from afar?