Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a day and I'm scheduled for pickup on Friday. #4 for me, and honestly this was the most automated version I've had. No SA reaching out - all done via website. My last 3 Teslas all had people hitting me up. Not complaining, but just a different experience.
One would think with no dealer network and a streamlined process, that everyone's experience would be similar. My brother ordered a P the same time as me and he had an SA reach out and stay in constant communication. I went to ask a question when I ordered mine and the SA I talked to apparently became my assigned guy. Who never proactively reached out at all, I had to reach out to him, although he was helpful. Delivery was on a Sunday afternoon with 0 employees available to answer questions, I entered in fixes on the app for a future service appointment.

FWIW - once you have a service appt scheduled, if you call your SC and go through the generic IVR, it'll now give you a prompt to talk to someone. And lo and behold, the skies opened, clouds parted and a ray of warm sunlight shined upon me and I was able to speak to a live homo sapien.

One would think with no dealer network and a streamlined process, that everyone's experience would be similar. My brother ordered a P the same time as me and he had an SA reach out and stay in constant communication. I went to ask a question when I ordered mine and the SA I talked to apparently became my assigned guy. Who never proactively reached out at all, I had to reach out to him, although he was helpful. Delivery was on a Sunday afternoon with 0 employees available to answer questions, I entered in fixes on the app for a future service appointment.

FWIW - once you have a service appt scheduled, if you call your SC and go through the generic IVR, it'll now give you a prompt to talk to someone. And lo and behold, the skies opened, clouds parted and a ray of warm sunlight shined upon me and I was able to speak to a live homo sapien.
I miss those days of speaking directly with a live person from the start of the phone call.
I guess I am showing my age now, lol.

I get to join the others from this week who have received their VIN. I now have a VIN and a soft date of arriving on site for 8/24.
Congrats man! I'm in Houston as well, but ordered about a month after you, 7/25 Black/Black.

What kind of activity did you see with EDD prior to receiving VIN? I ask because mine has stalled out for 7 straight days now at 8/26-9/15.

Also what SC are taking delivery from?

Congrats again!

Congrats man! I'm in Houston as well, but ordered about a month after you, 7/25 Black/Black.

What kind of activity did you see with EDD prior to receiving VIN? I ask because mine has stalled out for 7 straight days now at 8/26-9/15.

Also what SC are taking delivery from?

Congrats again!
My EDD went all over the place. In the beginning it would say like July 10th to July 30th, then it would go to a default 6-10 weeks, sometimes it would stay consistent for the week and then change over the weekend. If anything I have learned from that and this forum, is not to put to much stock in the EDD given in your account. It is entertaining to watch and also frustrating, but you are for sure not alone.
I will be going through the Westchase SC for delivery.
Congrats on your order and good luck with the EDD. I hope it moves closer or at least sticks with what you are seeing now.

Reactions: aroncbrown
My EDD went all over the place. In the beginning it would say like July 10th to July 30th, then it would go to a default 6-10 weeks, sometimes it would stay consistent for the week and then change over the weekend. If anything I have learned from that and this forum, is not to put to much stock in the EDD given in your account. It is entertaining to watch and also frustrating, but you are for sure not alone.
I will be going through the Westchase SC for delivery.
Congrats on your order and good luck with the EDD. I hope it moves closer or at least sticks with what you are seeing now.
Thanks for the info! Will be picking up from Westchase SC as well. Don't forget the pictures on delivery for us still waiting!

Reactions: BGT_SS201
Snapped up a M3P (MSM/White) a few minutes ago that someone passed on. Called up my SA. Matched over the phone. Assigned VIN. Updated financials in my account. Awaiting delivery in the next couple of days as it's still in the last stage of transport.

Excited because I originally wanted the white interior but was too much of a wimp to get it since I wear a lot of selvedge denim. Now, well, that decision was made for me!

I'm telling you guys. People drop out all of the time, keep watching inventory and you can get lucky.

Snapped up a M3P (MSM/White) a few minutes ago that someone passed on. Called up my SA. Matched over the phone. Assigned VIN. Updated financials in my account. Awaiting delivery in the next couple of days as it's still in the last stage of transport.

Excited because I originally wanted the white interior but was too much of a wimp to get it since I wear a lot of selvedge denim. Now, well, that decision was made for me!

I'm telling you guys. People drop out all of the time, keep watching inventory and you can get lucky.
Super lucky! Congratulations!

Picked it up a few days ago. 10 weeks from the day it was ordered. I've had a Porsche, BMW, and a couple other fancy pants cars in my past. This is easily the best vehicle I've ever owned. Just saying, hang in there, it's definitely worth the wait! I enjoy it even more when I drive past a gas station :)
P.S. The Aero wheels are coming off.

Attachments

• IMG_9002.jpeg
    IMG_9002.jpeg
    782.9 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: oreobbq
Nice, congrats! Did that just show up under existing inventory?
Nope, I use Tesla Stats.

In the past I've found matches in CA and spoke to my SA and he said "Vehicles in CA stay in CA because they will sell in CA" HAHAHA. Basically, "shut up, we can't get a car that will last 5 minutes in inventory" - this time I got lucky because it was scheduled to arrive in Portland anyway.

Reactions: Taureans77
Nope, I use Tesla Stats.

In the past I've found matches in CA and spoke to my SA and he said "Vehicles in CA stay in CA because they will sell in CA" HAHAHA. Basically, "shut up, we can't get a car that will last 5 minutes in inventory" - this time I got lucky because it was scheduled to arrive in Portland anyway.
Im sorry new to this forum what is tesla stats ?