Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not be surprised if there are a lot of people ordering multiple Tesla cars now and then flip them to make money in this high demand market. Tesla did Jack up the preorder deposit recently. Could be one of the reasons why Tesla now asking buyers if they are ready to purchase their preorders now.
Highly doubtful if you consider how taxes work...

More likely it has to do with a high cancellation rate. AKA the person who orders who cant afford the car.

Seen more than one post from someone saying the bank only approved 80% financing and they needed to find 20% somewhere else...

Reactions: Waiting4Hyori
EDD now 9/20-30. When I suggested to Tesla that the last EDD, which started 9/18, was unrealistic because a Saturday delivery would require paperwork and financing be completed by Friday, I didn’t get a response. So now the EDD is Monday, as if financing can be completed over the weekend. Wishful thinking. Morning humor.

My estimated delivery date (EDD) updated today to 9/19-9/29. Previously it was 9/15-9/30.

Received “the text” to prompt me to confirm delivery in September on 9/15.

My service advisor (very responsive and polite) said my car was going to be finished production on 9/21. This was a soft date and subject to change.

Based on the above I believe I won’t get my car till 9/24 or 9/25, which is right in the middle of my new EDD window.

Reactions: BNMAZ
Sounds like you will get your VIN around 9/21.
I didn't even think about the EDD changing in a good way. The fact that I had a slightly later EDD than other californians and it moved slightly farther before hitting the bottom end of my previous EDD would seem to suggest they have somewhat of a timeline laid out for production and delivery on my car now. Good thinking. I saw that this morning and was kind of bummed because others were having their EDD change from 9/16 to 9/19 and mine went from 9/19 to 9/24. I think you are actually probably right now that I think about the logistical side of things

I visited my car today at the dealer in Raleigh! The interior is all wrapped up, and the car is dirty, but otherwise the exterior checked out fine. Official delivery is tomorrow at lunch time.

Order date was 8/25. Midnight gray, white interior, performance model.

Sorry to everyone who has been waiting longer, but obviously this car had already been produced when I ordered, and was shipped from some east coast storage facility.

I visited my car today at the dealer in Raleigh! The interior is all wrapped up, and the car is dirty, but otherwise the exterior checked out fine. Official delivery is tomorrow at lunch time.

Order date was 8/25. Midnight gray, white interior, performance model.
People out really living my dreams, huh? Lol ordered after, received first, and across the entire country from the factory, when I am a few hours away with the same build. Oh I love tesla

Reactions: Taxvictim