Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3P on 02/10.
White, Black interior, No FSD. Location is Houston, Texas.

EDD hasn’t changed since order date and still shows Apr 19-May 21.

Sold my old 2018 M3LR to take advantage of the used car market and hoped that EDD would move but to no avail so far.

Anybody have any luck with that configuration?
Same config in Atlanta ordered the same week as you. My EDD moved out to the whole month of May. OD was March.

I'm coming from a 2019 MX-5. I'll lose the light weight, drop top, manual transmission and just total engagement. Not sure how I feel about it until I experience the M3P for a little bit.
A local M3P owner went the opposite way. He was an early adopter of the M3P, buying his in 2018. Recently he purchased a 2022 mx5 and is selling his cherry M3P... 😳

The two cars are on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. I recently sold my 2007 S2000, which i purchased new. In the early years of that car, I traveled the eastern part of the country doing SCCA events, and well, the driving experience of a taught convertible sports car is just driving perfection.

Times a changin'...

Now, where is my new EDD?!?!? 🤪

Reactions: jessepotter
I did some shopping while I wait. The rocker panels on my current M3P with only 14k miles have deep scratches (several inches long) probably from repeated hard launches. I've seen mixed reviews on the mud guards so hopefully the ppf works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220313-092933.png
    Screenshot_20220313-092933.png
    294.7 KB · Views: 71
Ordered a M3P White on black a few days ago, 3/10. Have an EDD of May 17-June 14. I have yet to hear from anyone at Tesla and see people usually get an associate that contacts them.

How long does that normally take? Should I just call up my local (Tampa, FL) store and ask about one?

Ty
I understand no one reaches out to you until you have a VIN and they need paperwork completed or to schedule a pickup date.

OD 02/28
White M3P black interior no FSD
OG EDD ~March
EDD: 04/26-05/24 has not changed

This wait is intense, I looked into slightly used ones selling way above what a new one would run, no thanks.
My car and truck both average 12mpg lol this will be a nice change for my daily driving.

A local M3P owner went the opposite way. He was an early adopter of the M3P, buying his in 2018. Recently he purchased a 2022 mx5 and is selling his cherry M3P... 😳

The two cars are on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. I recently sold my 2007 S2000, which i purchased new. In the early years of that car, I traveled the eastern part of the country doing SCCA events, and well, the driving experience of a taught convertible sports car is just driving perfection.

Times a changin'...

Now, where is my new EDD?!?!? 🤪
This is what I'm afraid of. I want to keep the MX-5, but the wife says no to having two cars (we have four total with her car and two teenagers). I hope I don't have the Tesla for half a year and then want to go back to the Miata which will already be sold. I've put numerous modifications in the car that I won't get value out of when I sell it to include coilovers, wheels, nicer tires, sound system, steering wheel, shift knob, etc.

This is what I'm afraid of. I want to keep the MX-5, but the wife says no to having two cars (we have four total with her car and two teenagers). I hope I don't have the Tesla for half a year and then want to go back to the Miata which will already be sold. I've put numerous modifications in the car that I won't get value out of when I sell it to include coilovers, wheels, nicer tires, sound system, steering wheel, shift knob, etc.
I used to daily a 800rwhp Cobra before my truck. Now it's just parked collecting dust, not giving up on my gas guzzlers yet.

Panicked with the Long Range price increases, and put in an order yesterday. I am hoping to take delivery later this year, the plan is to put it on hold as long as Tesla will let me, and then ride the huge order increase wave. If it all goes right, I can take delivery in September or so.

OD: 3/10/2022
Blue, White, No FSD.
Currently says EDD May 31 - June 28.

Replacing my current 2018 LR RWD Blue, Black, basic AP with 70k miles.
Ditto!

Sold my 2018 RWD LR recently and was debating between LR w/AB or Performance. Then the LR price went up the day I sold my car so I ordered the Performance right away to lock in the price. Current EDD is May 20-June 17.

MSM on White no FSD. In Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Park2670
This is what I'm afraid of. I want to keep the MX-5, but the wife says no to having two cars (we have four total with her car and two teenagers). I hope I don't have the Tesla for half a year and then want to go back to the Miata which will already be sold.
Opposite situation here. The Miata (2013) is the wife's and any mention of selling it brings up referrals to a marriage counselor. Can you 'gift' her the car, as long as she lets you drive it once in while? However, I have a feeling you won't miss the Miata. 25 mpg and premium gas doesn't encourage cruising like 'the good old days'.

I'm in NJ.
OD: 2/28
EDD 1: 4/29 - 5/27
EDD 2 (3/9): 3/20 - 3/26 and VIN has been created!

Red M3P with white interior.

Hopefully I can the 3 days window soon! Just waiting for it before I add this to my insurance (they need the exact date of my pick up)
Nice! Same set up as mine in Atlanta. I ordered 2/20 and my car delivery is scheduled for Saturday, 3/19. Team red for the fast turn around. Hope all goes well. They are going to try to install Homelink at delivery and I have a tint appointment for the following Monday.

I had an SA assigned right when I bought my current M3P but nobody has reached out me on the 2022 order. Did you guys have to seek out the SA or did they proactively reach out to you?
Never had a SA formally reach out during process. I responded to my initial text and got answers I needed. Don’t even know their name. Previously I ordered a car and my wife decided a few weeks into the wait she didn’t want a Tesla. During that experience I had an assigned SA who I heard from regularly. Only difference this time is I’m paying with my own finance.