Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla wasnt my first choice either. Was going to get the bmw m3 but wait time for that to be delivered is about 10 months so i thought about getting an ev while I wait and it was between bmw i4 m50 vs m3p. But that bmw was also 12 month wait as well so went with m3p. Didnt realize i would be waiting 2 months for the tesla until I read through the forums though.

They certainly don't appear to GAF about customer service. Though successful, their business model is a strange one. They pride themselves on the buying experience but honestly it's kind of shitty, afaic.

My local Tesla store has no vehicles available for test drives. Tesla doesn't have dealerships so they don't have salesmen. Any time I go there all of the employees are in the back yucking it up. What exactly do they do? How do they not have time to answer a simple question? It makes no sense to me that I've waited 2 days and counting for a reply from them. I don't mean to interrupt their busy day, but sheesh, you'd think spending $65k would get you a little bit of attention. Hell, the $250 deposit alone should be enough reason for them to reply to questions. I've never had to beg anyone from Audi/BMW to get back to me. I haven't even got my car yet and I'm already planning on replacing it with an A6 Etron in a couple of years.

...maybe I've just been spoiled and have unreasonable expectations...
I took. Photo of the SA in the store I went to. I was the only non paid person in the building. They were sitting at a table drinking beverages and looking at tablets. I walked around the room. Walked by them a couple times. Used the restroom. Opened the Plaid model they had and no contact. I sat in one of the lounge chairs, No acknowledgement. I then moved to one of their standing work stations and took their photo. One of the employees ultimately came and contacted me. He was by far the most helpful employee I have dealt with. The only helpful one to be Frank.

Tesla wasnt my first choice either. Was going to get the bmw m3 but wait time for that to be delivered is about 10 months so i thought about getting an ev while I wait and it was between bmw i4 m50 vs m3p. But that bmw was also 12 month wait as well so went with m3p. Didnt realize i would be waiting 2 months for the tesla until I read through the forums though.

They have the market by the balls right now. No other car will get me 0-60 and 1/4 times that the M3P will for under $65k (plus all the cool tech). So, for now they can afford sub-par builds and bad customer service. But the big automakers will catch up and if Tesla doesn't make some serious changes they are going to have a rough road ahead of them.

I just have to laugh at the absurdity of having to choose between waiting on hold for 45 minutes or being ignored for 2+ days through texts just to speak to someone. I could pick up the phone right now and call a Kia dealership and have a salesman tell me everything I never wanted to know about a $15k Rio and it wouldn't even take 5 minutes.

I have to ask why you are getting a M3P?
I am going to keep one Tesla in the family until Ford releases their "Actual Mustang" AWD EV. Should 800 hp'ish and is actually a mustang and not this hot mess that the Mach-E is.

I realize that like last time, my delivery date might get canceled three times. I might fly to NJ (my closest delivery SC) and find that my delivery was canceled 45 minutes before my scheduled pickup. After my flight the car may have gap issues, or paint issue, or missing the right headlights or tail lights. It might have a huge scratch in the door. I might have smudges in the white head liner. Or stains in the white seats from the seat belts. And I might have to buy a same day plane ticket to fly back home without a car.

I cant wait to stop buying Teslas. I figure 2-3 years and Ford will have the car I want with the power I want.

Anyone who is looking, I will have a Sept 2021 Model LRMY for sale with 3rd row.

I took. Photo of the SA in the store I went to. I was the only non paid person in the building. They were sitting at a table drinking beverages and looking at tablets. I walked around the room. Walked by them a couple times. Used the restroom. Opened the Plaid model they had and no contact. I sat in one of the lounge chairs, No acknowledgement. I then moved to one of their standing work stations and took their photo. One of the employees ultimately came and contacted me. He was by far the most helpful employee I have dealt with. The only helpful one to be Frank.
I would really like to know what they are doing when they aren't delivering a vehicle. I don't want to diminish their responsibilities but I can't think of anything else that they'd need to do all day EXCEPT respond to my damn text, lmao.

The one time I spoke with someone at the Tesla store I had to wait for a person to show up from the back where they were having a lively non-work related conversation. The lady came out and I asked her whatever I asked her and she replied that she "has a couple of minutes to spare to help me." This was one day after I decided to spend $65k with their company. Great introduction.

Happy for all of you getting your VINs and cars! I'm sure hoping that I get mine before the end of quarter push.

Location: Central Valley, CA. SC pickup is Stockton, CA - about 80 miles from the Fremont plant.

OD: 5/27 - M3P, MSM exterior, black interior, no FSD. Website showed delivery of June - Aug 2022
EDD immediately after ordering: 9/2 - 10/14
6/7 - EDD changed to 6/9 - 6/19. I also got a phone call that afternoon asking if I wanted to trade in a vehicle (I do not have a trade-in)
6/10 - EDD changed to 7/24 - 8/28
6/16 - I text the SA asking if I would be getting it this quarter and got the generic response to check the app or wait for a text.

I sure hope my 7/24 - 8/28 EDD doesn't stick. A big reason why I went with the Performance was the shorter delivery time!

So I got impatient and just ordered demo M3P from San Francisco with 480 miles. There was a whopping $250 savings on the car, but hundreds more on gas savings instead of waiting a couple more months.

Couple questions if anyone knows:
1. I can still remove FSD right? Older posts in here say that shouldn't be a problem.
2. Can I transfer the $250 deposit refund from my original order to the new demo?
3. Do I have to redo my original loan agreement for the new demo?
4. The only option was delivery (I'm about 80 miles from San Francisco). Any idea how long it will be until I get the car?

Aaron

Reactions: julit0
In all fairness I think customer service everywhere has slid since the pandemic. Not making a excuse but that’s what I see. Businesses seem to not care as much. You would think spending a certain amount would warrant a certain level of buying experience. However I’ve noticed great service doesn’t seem to be an expectation from business owners these days unless I’m at chic fil a :). The few times I’ve called Tesla have been good/ok although they definitely aren’t on the same page. I haven’t been in a retail store.

I will say this. I called Tesla today as I had a question and the guy didn’t seem to be on the same page as the other one. Said even though a car comes in on a certain day, a customer can’t pick it up immediately in Texas. Apparently theirs some type of waiting period where they send forms out and get forms in: basically said they need like 3 days after delivery in Texas for a customer to get their car and my sceduled delivery date might be rescheduled. I’m like what the heck. I haven’t heard of this but I was nice and didn’t say anything. Just seemed weird. So we will see what happens.

Has anyone been able to pickup same day or day after car was delivered to SC?

Reactions: MrBubbles
So I got impatient and just ordered demo M3P from San Francisco with 480 miles. There was a whopping $250 savings on the car, but hundreds more on gas savings instead of waiting a couple more months.

1. I can still remove FSD right? Older posts in here say that shouldn't be a problem.
2. Can I transfer the $250 deposit refund from my original order to the new demo?
4. The only option was delivery (I'm about 80 miles from San Francisco). Any idea how long it will be until I get the car?

Aaron
1. That one is up for debate. They used to. But I heard now they know they can sell it to someone else. So they wont remove it now.
2. Yes, will will move the money
3. Yes they will move the loan, but you might need to add money down for it.
4. Anyone's guess. It took 3 weeks for my car to move from Texas to NJ. Could be 2 days could be 2 weeks. But they want to deliver it by EOQ.

I am going to keep one Tesla in the family until Ford releases their "Actual Mustang" AWD EV. Should 800 hp'ish and is actually a mustang and not this hot mess that the Mach-E is.

I realize that like last time, my delivery date might get canceled three times. I might fly to NJ (my closest delivery SC) and find that my delivery was canceled 45 minutes before my scheduled pickup. After my flight the car may have gap issues, or paint issue, or missing the right headlights or tail lights. It might have a huge scratch in the door. I might have smudges in the white head liner. Or stains in the white seats from the seat belts. And I might have to buy a same day plane ticket to fly back home without a car.

I cant wait to stop buying Teslas. I figure 2-3 years and Ford will have the car I want with the power I want.

Anyone who is looking, I will have a Sept 2021 Model LRMY for sale with 3rd row.
makes sense. Tesla is the leader of the pack. I’m considering waiting to see what plays out. I love how fast they are and the advanced technology, charging network but it’s the other stuff that brings me to legate myself to keeping what I have as I’m not in need of a Vehicle. Fuel prices are not an issue for me at this point and we are blessed not to have any payments.

Last edited:
1. That one is up for debate. They used to. But I heard now they know they can sell it to someone else. So they wont remove it now.
2. Yes, will will move the money
3. Yes they will move the loan, but you might need to add money down for it.
4. Anyone's guess. It took 3 weeks for my car to move from Texas to NJ. Could be 2 days could be 2 weeks. But they want to deliver it by EOQ.
Thanks. I was able to edit the order and remove FSD.

Aaron
1. Yes, they will. Sales advisor can do it.
2. Yes, they can. Sales advisor can do it.
3. Likely. Only way to know is to talk to the financier and see what additional information or changes they require.
4. No way for us to know. Sales advisor will schedule.

Clearly, being nice to sales advisors can go a long way considering the power they hold despite not having much authority.

To those that have already picked up their car, does Tesla send surveys after delivery like other automakers? I'm really looking forward to completing one.
Yes, they do. Mine came this morning.

The gist of my message was "Love the car, dislike the inconsistency in both assembly and service experience." My car is well put together. Had one very minor issue with a speaker screw being loose. My contact with sales advisors has been 99% good. But I know thats not true for all of us in here and I think they should and can do better. QC needs to improve - full stop. Other manufacturers have done it and its high time Tesla pay some BIG BIG BIG bucks and poach some of the QC guys from Toyota, Honda, and some of the Bavarian makers. If they can nip the service and quality inconsistencies they'll stay on top of the EV mountain for a very long time.

There's an old manufacturing adage to the effect of "Quality, speed, and price. Pick two."
Tesla is playing a similar game. They are cranking out cars, increasing prices, AND locking down the third party repair side. If they could make changes to any of those it could keep the other two in check.

Model 3 Performance
White + White, No FSD
Los Angeles, CA

*Order Date <6/15/22> Original EDD June - August 2022
*VIN DATE <6/16/22> EDD July 16 - August 17
*Confirmed Financing on <6/17/22> EDD June 19-23
*Confirmed Delivery on <6/18/22> Delivery set for June 22

Rescheduled to June 25th yesterday due to railroad transit delay, which works out because that’s a Saturday and also my PPF shop is fully booked because of all the teslas coming in

Model 3 Performance
White + White, No FSD
Los Angeles, CA

Rescheduled to June 25th yesterday due to railroad transit delay, which works out because that’s a Saturday and also my PPF shop is fully booked because of all the teslas coming in
Wow thats a quick one. Seems like the socal ppl are getting theirs fast

1. Yes, they will. Sales advisor can do it.
2. Yes, they can. Sales advisor can do it.
3. Likely. Only way to know is to talk to the financier and see what additional information or changes they require.
4. No way for us to know. Sales advisor will schedule.

Clearly, being nice to sales advisors can go a long way considering the power they hold despite not having much authority.
They were not able to transfer the deposit because I already paid the deposit on the new demo. They said if I called them before placing the order, they could have moved the deposit to the new one, but I would have lost the car while waiting on hold. They were able to move the loan over without a problem.

Reactions: julit0
Model 3 Performance
White + White, No FSD
Los Angeles, CA

I believe this Is the record holder!!