Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to go stalk my car to see if it had arrived, it did. Delivery was for Thursday but a employee caught me checking out my own car. Was nice enough to move my delivery for tomorrow now. Car looks great, the only flaw was missing paint on the trunk lid. Its in an area where one does not normally look so im okay with it. View attachment 822404
I stalked my wifes there as well, found it monday evening after work. another truck was just arriving with a load of M#'s and MY's, I think we have 60 deliveries tomorrow. i will be there helping out. we will pick up the wifes car this evening after work. very exciting. this is our 4th tesla and it never gets normal.

Took delivery yesterday afternoon! I did a detailed walk around the car and didn't notice anything that jumped out to me, other than it being a little dirty. Interior was clean and no defects were found. Car was charged to 90%, I was an hour early for my appointment and they took me right away. SA was very helpful and asked multiple times if I needed anything or had any questions before driving off. Came with charging cable.
Congrats. Looks great

Reactions: julit0 and dgoodlan
My wife is the applicator. I have mongo hands and not enough patience😂 steering wheel wrap was on amazon. They do send you two in case you screw the first one up
This is the wheel

Attachments

• 924A1FCC-EA04-4474-B673-D354B5DBBEA6.jpeg
    924A1FCC-EA04-4474-B673-D354B5DBBEA6.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 59
Me neither.

Only the J1772 adapter and the 120V NEMA 5-15 Adapter came with the mobile connector kit in my trunk. I had already bought a 6-50 adapter because that's what I have in the garage on a 40A 220V circuit (they were not back-ordered at the time and still aren't). It charges fine @ 32A overnight. CA is a front license required state and I was pleasantly surprised to find a front license plate frame included loose in a plastic bag in the trunk on delivery as well. CA DMV will deliver two plates to me by mail when my registration is processed, and I will have to decide whether to mount the front plate or not. I have been ticketed once in the past for no front plate on an early 911 Porsche. I'll probably assemble it and leave it in the trunk until I get stopped and make some lame excuse then and mount it. :)
The 6-50 adapter and cable organizer is all that I didnt return before the 30 day window expired. I'm glad to hear it charges well at 40 amps. I have two 70 amp breakers I need to replace with 50A soon. I just keep forgetting.

Reactions: julit0
The 6-50 adapter and cable organizer is all that I didnt return before the 30 day window expired. I'm glad to hear it charges well at 40 amps. I have two 70 amp breakers I need to replace with 50A soon. I just keep forgetting.
I've been good with my 24A charging rate this first week...I charge nightly, putting back about 30% battery up to an 80% limit. That takes about 4 hours. After a couple of nights and lots of reading/videos - I think I have Schedule Departure + Off-Peak charging locked in.

I've been good with my 24A charging rate this first week...I charge nightly, putting back about 30% battery up to an 80% limit. That takes about 4 hours. After a couple of nights and lots of reading/videos - I think I have Schedule Departure + Off-Peak charging locked in.
I have charging with the 110 until my solar sub panel is in so i can hook up the tesla wall charger. It is painfully slow as you can imagine

Reactions: julit0
I would love to change to peak off peak but I run the AC during the Peak hours and leave a few hours after off peak starts.

I stalked my wifes there as well, found it monday evening after work. another truck was just arriving with a load of M#'s and MY's, I think we have 60 deliveries tomorrow. i will be there helping out. we will pick up the wifes car this evening after work. very exciting. this is our 4th tesla and it never gets normal.
I may see you there then...just got the call asking if I wanted to pickup tonight rather than tomorrow and I said "Hell Yes!!".

Dont you just charge in off peak?
What I wanted to avoid was - the Car would start charging the minute I plugged in (say 8pm) - even though my Scheduled departure for work was 6:15am the next day. So it would be done charging by 1am and just sit connected on the wall until departure. I also use Pre-Condition set at Departure Time. What I wanted and figured out: by also checking Off-Peak and setting that hour to the same or close to my departure time...the car waits to start charging such that it finishes within about 15-20 minutes before departure.

So, the car figures it'll take 4 hours to charge to your set limit then it stops charging at initial plug-in...based on the off-peak + Scheduled departure settings, it started charging on its own at 2am and was done about 5:45am. So I don't have the car sitting at 80% charge over night, and it's just prior to my actual departure.