Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Someone on Reddit just took this beauty home in Portland. First red one I’ve seen!

That photo makes it really obvious to me what doesn’t look right in the rear wheel setup.

Look at how far inside the wheel well the rear wheel is. It may have been like that with the old wheels, but the contour of the turbine might make it appear more recessed.

Contrast this image with the one posted of the pre-production car - those wheels protrude beyond the bodywork.

My delivery/pickup is Dec-12... hopefully it looks better in person and most of this is just odd angles.

D4F89CFE-AF48-4582-BFB4-D36816A1A722.jpeg
C49F6679-A6B7-4893-B797-3F7EA9103AC0.jpeg
9BF25756-73D3-455B-98BF-48644C57ABE1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mr X
Yea, the new p models don’t look as good as the outgoing models ( less the chrome delete).

I was so amped to order in the new year, but this kind of bums me out. I guess it’s as easy a fix as buying new wheels and tires though...

This is just an observation and probably not the right thread to suggest optimizing the order delivery process .... BUT....

It's very clear to me and I'm sure many of you, having an app that monitored the status of your order and let you know past, current and future state of your production would be an home run. For those of us purchasing these $50k vehicles (that are at their core, technical marvels) it would seem offering an equally impressive 'experience' ordering would be a welcome addition. It's my understanding SA's can ping 'poke' VIN numbers once designated to provide a status eg. in paint, quality control, on a train, en route etc. I'm certain given the level of automation and integration on the supply chain and purchasing side, Tesla has the date to add more to this status app: where you are que, what's currently being produced today tmr etc. raw material status, anything to do with your order, I promise we would eat that *sugar* up. If I could watch my own 'how it's made' episode of my car being built I would be over the moon.

Anyway, I digress...

This is just an observation and probably not the right thread to suggest optimizing the order delivery process .... BUT....

It's very clear to me and I'm sure many of you, having an app that monitored the status of your order and let you know past, current and future state of your production would be an home run. For those of us purchasing these $50k vehicles (that are at their core, technical marvels) it would seem offering an equally impressive 'experience' ordering would be a welcome addition. It's my understanding SA's can ping 'poke' VIN numbers once designated to provide a status eg. in paint, quality control, on a train, en route etc. I'm certain given the level of automation and integration on the supply chain and purchasing side, Tesla has the date to add more to this status app: where you are que, what's currently being produced today tmr etc. raw material status, anything to do with your order, I promise we would eat that *sugar* up. If I could watch my own 'how it's made' episode of my car being built I would be over the moon.

Anyway, I digress...
I agree completely. Plus I think it would ease some anxiety of wondering when we are going to see our car and how much longer we will be waiting. It sucks for me because most people on here have seen their delivery dates change, or see a VIN, and my account actually went back to the way it looked when I first ordered the car. I can’t see completed items any more. It only shows the beginning of the order process. MY SA said it’s a glitch on their side, but nothing has changed as fas as my place in the Que. But who really knows. I’m not expecting mine for a while. At least after Christmas I think.

I agree completely. Plus I think it would ease some anxiety of wondering when we are going to see our car and how much longer we will be waiting. It sucks for me because most people on here have seen their delivery dates change, or see a VIN, and my account actually went back to the way it looked when I first ordered the car. I can’t see completed items any more. It only shows the beginning of the order process. MY SA said it’s a glitch on their side, but nothing has changed as fas as my place in the Que. But who really knows. I’m not expecting mine for a while. At least after Christmas I think.

Even if the update in my app said "Currently forging steel and mining lithium, there are 744 cars in que of ahead of you" that would be amazing!

That photo makes it really obvious to me what doesn’t look right in the rear wheel setup.

Look at how far inside the wheel well the rear wheel is. It may have been like that with the old wheels, but the contour of the turbine might make it appear more recessed.

Contrast this image with the one posted of the pre-production car - those wheels protrude beyond the bodywork.

My delivery/pickup is Dec-12... hopefully it looks better in person and most of this is just odd angles.

View attachment 613558 View attachment 613559 View attachment 613557

well if I ever get a VIN and a delivery date I have the unplugged performance street/comp springs, sway bars and adjustable rear camber arms ready for install.

curious how weak the wheel offset is once lowered, hoping I don’t need spacers ..gross