Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Serioulsy, my UPS guy was like how many wheelsets can you possibly need dude? I am not keeping the 20s, so I ordered 18s for summer and narrow 18s for winter. The manufacturer mistakenly sent me two of the winter sets. Then finally shipped the summer set before I had a chance to send back the extra winter set. Lots of wheels LOL! AND NO CAR YET!!!!

I'm trying to find out which 18s will work with the 2021 M3P for a set of winter wheels. Which set did you end up going with? I've been eyeing the VMR V710s in 18x8.5

I have a VIN in my account finally. When I spoke to my SA a few days ago he said it should be here by Christmas so hopefully that happens.

10/12 order date. MSM black interior in Ohio

Same spec here in Orlando so hopefully I’ll have my VIN soon if they made them in the same batch. SA emailed and said it should be at their SC by 12/20 so maybe pick up before Xmas.

Fingers crossed.

Ordered on 10/16 (white ext, black int). Estimated delivery changed from 12/18 - 12/31 to 12/22 - 12/28. Got my vin this afternoon!

Thanks for all of the updates from the Texas folks. Whoever tracked down the delivery by rail through Dallas then to Houston is the real mvp. Sounds like your SA was spot on.

I went with tsportline 18in tst’s with a set of tires as a bundle from them. Bluetooth sensors were included. Current deal netted me 300 off for the month of December.

You might want to double check with Tsportline. I saw a couple of other threads saying that the Tsportline wheels still come with the old style TPMS, not the bluetooth one. From what i understand, the 2021 models will not pick up the old 433 mhz TPMS, like the new Model Y. Hope this helps.

2021 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors

Aftermarket TPMS

I went with ESR RF2 18x8.5 matte black wheels. I'm planning on pulling the TPMS from the uberturbine wheels and installing them on my ESR wheels with Michelin PS4 tires. Will be selling the 20" uberturbines and the Pirelli tires.

Reactions: MelsM3P
Ordered on 10/16 (white ext, black int). Estimated delivery changed from 12/18 - 12/31 to 12/22 - 12/28. Got my vin this afternoon!

Thanks for all of the updates from the Texas folks. Whoever tracked down the delivery by rail through Dallas then to Houston is the real mvp. Sounds like your SA was spot on.

You might want to double check with Tsportline. I saw a couple of other threads saying that the Tsportline wheels still come with the old style TPMS, not the bluetooth one. From what i understand, the 2021 models will not pick up the old 433 mhz TPMS, like the new Model Y. Hope this helps.

Aftermarket TPMS

I went with ESR RF2 18x8.5 matte black wheels. I'm planning on pulling the TPMS from the uberturbine wheels and installing them on my ESR wheels with Michelin PS4 tires. Will be selling the 20" uberturbines and the Pirelli tires.

On their website it describes that you need to put a note on your order saying it is a 2021 and they will put the correct tpms in it. After I ordered I sent them an email confirming they got the note they told me I am all set. Thanks for the heads up. I may reach out again.

its about time ... u ordered 1 day before me .. got my vin on the 6th .. but still have no set DEL date . other guy in Houston have dates to pick up there cars 23rd and the 24th

Just receive text to set up delivery for this Thursday 12/17. I ordered an inventory vehicle this morning from Teslas site. My SA says it’s leaving Fremont tomorrow as it was just finished being built. Maybe this can be a route for some folks. I have previously asked an SA to swap my order to an inventory vehicle for earlier delivery. Although I’m still a bit confused as the “inventory” vehicle was listed as being in Los Angeles but it was just coming off the line in Fremont.

• Informative
Reactions: adregia
Just receive text to set up delivery for this Thursday 12/17. I ordered an inventory vehicle this morning from Teslas site. My SA says it’s leaving Fremont tomorrow as it was just finished being built. Maybe this can be a route for some folks. I have previously asked an SA to swap my order to an inventory vehicle for earlier delivery. Although I’m still a bit confused as the “inventory” vehicle was listed as being in Los Angeles but it was just coming off the line in Fremont.
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind next time an inventory car pops up. Really would like my config, though.

Aftermarket TPMS

Thanks for the MVP shout out. Lol
Hope your Car is perfect!
The sooner the Dallas folks take delivery, the sooner us Houstonians get to.
I’m just hoping MelsM3P hears something soon. He ordered before me, same exact specs I believe, and hasn’t been scheduled a delivery yet. That sucks big time!

Last edited:
Reactions: MelsM3P
I went to the service centre here in Norway and asked the same. They told me there not even for sale here yet as all sensors are prioritised for wheels summer and winter ordered with the car as the supply is limited. Didn’t want 20” winter wheels so ordered 18” and will just have to go without sensors until they become available here

That's how what I'm thinking as well. I may just forgo the TPMS this season just so that I don't have to remount and balance the wheels again. It's supposed to snow heavily this week in the NYC area. I'd be extremely wary of driving on summer tires if I happen to get my car.

Reactions: Kingdingaling