Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery estimate was originally 12/16-12/30 and is now 5/14-6/11.
I'm in Los Angeles, ordered plain old red/black on 11/25 and have never changed/paused/messed with the order in any way. I've had no interaction with Tesla whatsoever (they won't return my calls or emails) other than the online payment I made in December.

Starting to get a little disappointed with Tesla's corporate quality. They're not a "tech startup" anymore after a decade of business made them one of the most valuable companies on the planet.
Have you heard anything from Tesla regarding this insane wait time adjustment?

New here. Just found this thread. Ordered 11/6 in LA, white w/ black interior. Same story as every one else. Multiple date changes, SA promised delivery before years end.

Genuinely might change my order to a LR. I’ll never track my car anyway and I’ll just buy the boost and save 8k. **** it.

They just increased the price of the M3P by 1k so keep that in mind before switching!

Ordered Blue/Black M3P on 28 Feb (NC) after totaling my 2019 LR. Did say 11-31 March but now says 6-9 weeks from order which puts me in the April/May timeframe. Really sucks, as I’m paying out of pocket for a rental and it’s about to be ALOT more expensive than I thought. I won’t drive another vehicle after walking away from a 55+ MPH collision with a tree though, so I’ll be here waiting with everyone else.

Ordered Blue/Black M3P on 28 Feb (NC) after totaling my 2019 LR. Did say 11-31 March but now says 6-9 weeks from order which puts me in the April/May timeframe. Really sucks, as I’m paying out of pocket for a rental and it’s about to be ALOT more expensive than I thought. I won’t drive another vehicle after walking away from a 55+ MPH collision with a tree though, so I’ll be here waiting with everyone else.

NVM, Math is hard

Talked with my advisor today, and he expects my order from Dec 3rd to be targeted for ... March 25th to 29th... when I'm expecting to be out of town starting on the 26th.

Yay?

My 1st trade-in estimate had of course expired. My earlier delivery estimate before the recent adjustment was Feb 18th to March 18th, so when the SA asked me to update the mileage on my trade in for a new estimate, I went ahead and did so once 30 days would have covered the delivery window.

And immediately afterwards, Tesla adjusted the dates to "11 to 16 weeks" ... and now I expect it to be after the trade-in offer expires again. and ... of course they're going to reduce the offer again.

Test drove a non-boosted LR today. It was fun to drive. I can say I’d be pretty happy having never driven a performance. My advisor speculated the delay is possibly them adding air suspension. I’m going to wait and see what the M3P’s being delivered have before changing my order.
Very doubtful, Elon recently said they weren’t adding air suspension in the model 3

Reactions: TBrownTX
Just spoke with my friend and the factory told him that their production numbers are changing atm, more than likely due to the new model S and X. They closed down parts of the factory for it. My build date was inching up for a while and was expected 2/23, now it’s showing as 3/18. My delivery estimate is completely gone, no dash, not even an “Estimated date.” Their system, however, is showing everything as usual but with updated dates.

It sounds like factory planning is still trying to figure out their production timelines and that’s probably why everyone’s estimated dates disappeared (at least those of us without a car built yet).

Just spoke with my friend and the factory told him that their production numbers are changing atm, more than likely due to the new model S and X. They closed down parts of the factory for it. My build date was inching up for a while and was expected 2/23, now it’s showing as 3/18. My delivery estimate is completely gone, no dash, not even an “Estimated date.” Their system, however, is showing everything as usual but with updated dates.

It sounds like factory planning is still trying to figure out their production timelines and that’s probably why everyone’s estimated dates disappeared (at least those of us without a car built yet).

Just total B.S from Tesla again. They really don’t give a crap about customers.

I think everyone needs to chillax. The way my delivery date is displayed changed, but it's still showing the same time frame as the old format. It's just a website based on who knows what, I doubt it's as scientific as we seem to think it is.

VINs are rolling out, mostly to the east coast. With China online and handling future European/Australian deliveries the old delivery model may change. It will change more when Texas and Berlin come online.

I'm exited too, I check the website at least 3X a day, but the last time I spoke to my advisor he said to expect a VIN about three weeks ahead of delivery. With delivery showing mid-late March. I should see a VIN over the next two weeks or so.

Anyone waiting since last quarter has a legit gripe and you get a pass on the call for chillaxation, but for the rest of us, nothing unusual or out of the ordinary has happened thus far. Grab a beer and enjoy the anticipation, will ya?

Tim

Last edited:

Hmm that’s strange. The Model S/X are on a completely different line in the factory. The Model 3/Y have their own line in the factory so they shouldn’t affect each other’s delivery dates

Reactions: TBrownTX
This is now the image in my account page... Guess they saved $1k by keeping the wheels
myTesla.png

From over in the LR thread. LMAO!

Tim

I think everyone needs to chillax. The way my delivery date is displayed changed, but it's still showing the same time frame as the old format. It's just a website based on who knows what, I doubt it's as scientific as we seem to think it is.

VINs are rolling out, mostly to the east coast. With China online and handling future European/Australian deliveries the old delivery model may change. It will change more when Texas and Berlin come online.

I'm exited too, I check the website at least 3X a day, but the last time I spoke to my advisor he said to expect a VIN about three weeks ahead of delivery. With delivery showing mid-late March. I should see a VIN over the next two weeks or so.

Anyone waiting since last quarter has a legit gripe and you get a pass on the call for chillaxation, but for the rest of us, nothing unusual or out of the ordinary has happened thus far. Grab a beer and enjoy the anticipation, will ya?

Tim

So you want people to "chillax" but you're the one that called your SA asking for an update? lol. Pot meet kettle.