Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that delivery dates were changed around from last week. However, I understand that most now have some date or week range showing. I still have no delivery date from last Thursday. Can those with no delivery date since late last week confirm? Also, any information as to why? My SA said he would check with production, but I did not hear back.

• Helpful
Reactions: Avn1284
Hmm that’s strange. The Model S/X are on a completely different line in the factory. The Model 3/Y have their own line in the factory so they shouldn’t affect each other’s delivery dates

I didn’t know that. My understanding was that they retool the line each time their production cycle changes for each model. Their production schedule seems to produce one model at a time while rotating between supply/vehicle production. So while one model is building built, the others are in the process of parts gathering and queuing. At least that’s how it seems to me since the performance model is only built for a couple of weeks every quarter.

I know that delivery dates were changed around from last week. However, I understand that most now have some date or week range showing. I still have no delivery date from last Thursday. Can those with no delivery date since late last week confirm? Also, any information as to why? My SA said he would check with production, but I did not hear back.

Can confirm my estimate disappeared last week and is still gone. Their internal system seems to have updated with a later date though.

• Disagree
Reactions: M321
I didn’t know that. My understanding was that they retool the line each time their production cycle changes for each model. Their production schedule seems to produce one model at a time while rotating between supply/vehicle production. So while one model is building built, the others are in the process of parts gathering and queuing. At least that’s how it seems to me since the performance model is only built for a couple of weeks every quarter.

Can confirm my estimate disappeared last week and is still gone. Their internal system seems to have updated with a later date though.
Where do you get the information about the internal system? Also, what is the later date? Thanks.

Can confirm my date is gone and hasn't been replaced with anything else. Just empty space.

Now all you guys are making me nervous that I sill
Maybe just SoCal. I see a couple from LA and one from San Diego that are blank.

There's probably some team of Tesla web developers who laugh every time they make arbitrary date change on the website, after heading over here for reactions... DO THEY NOT REALIZE THEY ARE TOYING WITH PEOPLES LIVES?!? :D

Tim

• Funny
Reactions: SummerlinChiro

Watch from 12:05