Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Blue/White M3P in Cincinnati on 2/6. Estimated delivery dates have started shifting around over the last few days. Currently looking at 3/24 - 3/31 for delivery. No VIN as of yet. So crazy excited to get this car! My wife will be happy too when it shows up. I may have been obsessing about this thing for a while now! 😁

Exact same car and dates in Indy but ordered 1/28. Wife probably feels the same. My pile of accessories is getting bigger every day. My Tsportline wheels come today!

Reactions: Sandee3
Same here. My 11 year old daughter even yelled out "please don't play another Tesla video!". It's nice to have a support group. hahaha

I originally ordered white/ black on Jan 28th, but changed to midnight silver/ white on Feb 21st. Right now I'm Mar 24th - 31st (Charlotte, NC)
I agree! I've watched about every video there is, and my friends/family are fed up with it. Haha a support group is vital.

I'm scheduled for the 24th-31st in Charlotte NC as well. Let's hope it stays that way!

REALLY tempted, but my MYP will arrive tomorrow and it’s only a 0.4s difference. Maybe 0.3s after I put the lightweight 18s on the MYP.

I was surprised at how large the difference in acceleration is between the M3P and the MYP when I test drove them back to back. Ultimately that's why I ended up choosing the 3. The 3 handles way better as well.

I heard from my SA that my M3P was dropped off at the Birmingham Alabama hub on Sunday is/was waiting for the transport truck... any idea how long it would take the truck to deliver it to South Florida?

Order Date: Jan 15th
Vin Date: Feb 25th
Delivery Scheduling Text: March 3rd
Delivery Scheduled for March 14th.
West Palm Beach Florida

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandee3
Hey Guys, I ordered a red / black Model 3 Performance yesterday, March 8th. The expected delivery is June.

I live in south Florida - Palm Beach County.

The test ride was amazing. I was undecided until the test ride. I currently drive a manual transmission, bmw coupe - the M235i. I love the car, but was ready for something different.

I thought I might miss the sound of the engine. That was my biggest hang-up about a Tesla. My BMW with the N55 engine has an excellent sound under hard acceleration. But during the test ride of the Model 3, I did not miss the sound. Of course the torque and acceleration of the 3 was amazing, but I also liked the feel of regenerative braking - 15 minutes into the test ride, I was seldom using the brakes. I am also into midcentury modern - minimalist design, so the look of the interior is right up my alley.

So I have a few months to find a good buyer for my 2-series BMW. The manual transmission is not common and I should find some good interest.

Cheers,

Snade

I was surprised at how large the difference in acceleration is between the M3P and the MYP when I test drove them back to back. Ultimately that's why I ended up choosing the 3. The 3 handles way better as well.
I agree that it definitely handles better, but I also test drove both and I didn't notice THAT much of a difference between them. They're both incredible cars and I'd be happy with either!

My SC just called to let me know that I can pickup my MYP today so I'll be leaving to pick her up shortly. I ordered 03/04/21 and it came straight from the factory. A 5 day turn around is pretty nuts.

I'll be back for a 3 when they have the new 4680s (or later today if I have to reject the MYP for QC 🤣 )

It's been a wild ride, glad to have "met" all you guys!