Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should have to at a minimum click a checkbox stating "I agree that I have 72 hours to take delivery of my car once it arrives at the service center" That's not to much to ask and most people would just click it but I would have waited a week or two before ordering.
Tesla doesn't correlate order dates with delivery dates. You either get your car at the very end of this quarter or the very end of next quarter - those are the only options. They randomly choose certain color combinations to deliver a few days before the end of the quarter but most deliveries are on the 31st.

I'm scheduled to pick up 3/28, but for a litany of reasons, it'd be easier if I could pick up on 3/27 but supposedly the car doesn't arrive until this evening per whoever I'm talking to on the text thread. Worth pinging them again in case it arrives earlier than expected off the truck? I feel like with Tesla, they'd just be like "Oh yeah...it's here, sure come get it..."

Been monitoring the thread since ordering in January and constantly freaking out about my order being delayed til next quarter after seeing VINs go out to a few people in SoCal.

Woke up this morning and checked my reservation and there’s a delivery date and time but no VIN yet! Planned to call the delivery center when they open at 10 but just received a text message that my M3P is expected to be built tomorrow and a tentative delivery of March 28th 2pm at Marina Del Ray.

Is this usual for California deliveries? Delivery date first, VIN second. I also won’t be able to make that appointment but can make it earlier or later in the day. They should be flexible with the time right? Since the usual delivery window is 3 days?

M3P MSM Black interior
Ordered: 01/20/21
VIN: TBD?
Tentative Delivery Date: 03/28/21

Reactions: Sandee3
I pulled a @TBrownTX and put on a ninja suit to scope out the local delivery location. Alas, Magneto had not arrived, but I saw maybe 60+ S, 3, X, Y's ready for delivery.

Pick up is Sunday and I just wanted to do a dry a run of the route. Who am I kidding? I was really hoping to see it there. Lol.

You may have to make a second dry run tomorrow, just sayin’.

Tim

I got a delivery date for Sunday but, no VIN yet. Is this normal?

Been monitoring the thread since ordering in January and constantly freaking out about my order being delayed til next quarter after seeing VINs go out to a few people in SoCal.

Woke up this morning and checked my reservation and there’s a delivery date and time but no VIN yet! Planned to call the delivery center when they open at 10 but just received a text message that my M3P is expected to be built tomorrow and a tentative delivery of March 28th 2pm at Marina Del Ray.

Is this usual for California deliveries? Delivery date first, VIN second. I also won’t be able to make that appointment but can make it earlier or later in the day. They should be flexible with the time right? Since the usual delivery window is 3 days?

M3P MSM Black interior
Ordered: 01/20/21
VIN: TBD?
Tentative Delivery Date: 03/28/21
Same for me. Text message said they are building it tomorrow and home delivery will be Sunday. But no VIN yet.

I think I would rather go to Marina Del Ray and look it over in my own time rather than someone racing it over here, ha, and not getting to do that.

Almost home from the 6 hour round trip. Car is amazing, only 3 minor issues other than that it's looks great. More pics to come, had 3 miles on it. Heated wheel.
20210325_115737.jpg

Yeah. I’d take that one. Update for me. Arrived in NYC... they can’t prep me till Sat, but I’m getting it a day early! All thanks to jigawatts! He found out our babies were on the same truck and arriving early. He gets his tomorrow, mine prepped Saturday. Only fair he gets it first as he saved me 30 hours of excruciating wait time!

great that the forum is looking out for their own! Thanks @jigawatts