Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In and out 30 minutes. I've waited longer at Cracker Barrel for carryout.

Small chip near the passenger taillight but 5 minutes to touch it up. Minor adjustment on the frunk bump stops.

Attachments

• 20210327_114214.jpg
    20210327_114214.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 94
Hah, yep, it was insane when I was there to. I had to fold the mirrors in for the wife in the truck and squeeze it through just so she could get out and leave. The employees there were awesome though. I already knew basically everything but she was more than willing to walk me through everything in the infotainment.
Hopefully mine made it in today. I’m going to keep hara
Picked mine up in Raleigh. Two very small paint issues in inconspicuous areas that I can handle. The driver door alignment is not great but I have an appointment setup to fix that. Very pleased otherwise. As I was leaving a truckload of M3P’s showed up.

For anyone else picking up in Raleigh, be prepared - there was no where to park. The lot was FULL of cars and it was absolute pandemonium. (Was told they had 50 deliveries today).
Hopefully mine was on that truck! I’ve been waiting since January and was scheduled for pickup tomorrow but changed to the 31st. My second model 3, so pickup should go quick one it’s ready.

Car arrived today. Will post more tomorrow...but speechless. No panel gap/paint issues, minor headlight adjustment on the left hand side. But I went in cold from a BMW to the Model 3 and I am truly shocked by the quality of the interior and the drive, having driven a 4 series for 6+ years. For all the hoopla with delivery issues, it's nice to know the final product is worth it. In 20 years, when everything is driving itself everywhere, I can't wait to be one of those folks that says, "yeah I had a model 3 peformance!"

tempImagelhQXs7.jpg

Picking up my car tomorrow afternoon! It seems front passenger side door, wheel alignment, and frunk closure issues are some common observations in these recent builds... Anything else I should look out for?
I'd say don't worry about checking that everything works - all that stuff is covered by the warranty. Mostly just look for misalignments and damage that might be controversial if you bring them up a week later.

At pickup you just want to look for signs that the car is unacceptable. After that you have 3 days/100 miles to report any issues.

Paint problems are troubling because repainted panels never look as good and don't age as well as the factory finish. And if the car has a lot of panel and glass alignment problems it might be a really bad build and/or require some pretty invasive repairs. Everything else is no big deal to adjust or bolt in a replacement.

I'd say don't worry about checking that everything works - all that stuff is covered by the warranty. Mostly just look for misalignments and damage that might be controversial if you bring them up a week later.

At pickup you just want to look for signs that the car is unacceptable. After that you have 3 days/100 miles to report any issues.

Paint problems are troubling because repainted panels never look as good and don't age as well as the factory finish. And if the car has a lot of panel and glass alignment problems it might be a really bad build and/or require some pretty invasive repairs. Everything else is no big deal to adjust or bolt in a replacement.
Thanks. What exactly is the difference between reporting issues during the 3 day 100 mile period versus during the warranty of the car?

Picked my Girl yo yesterday...she is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS and I could not be happier! Process as painless, in and out in less than 20 minutes abs most of that time was spent talking to the Sales Manager because we works with him when we purchased out Mode Y previously. Did a good, full inspection, but will really take my time and look her over today. NO panel gaps or misalignments anywhere! The three things I noted were: 1. the front passenger door has some slight bubbling/unevenness in the plastic (not sure how they would fix that), 2. Inside the door wells, where the hinges are the paint coating is under sprayed (anyone else have that issue?), and 3. All the doors have to be shut with quite a firm hand (never have to do that with the Model Y). Anyhoo, 1st world problems and things that I won’t ball about. Otherwise, I am over the moon happy and like many of you have said, “she is a ROCKET!!!”

Introducing, my girl Mystique!!!❤️
6A0F977C-7AEE-41CE-A5A4-6C8471994F20.jpeg
08DC9750-92F3-4938-83B8-63C762D5890F.jpeg

Picked my Girl yo yesterday...she is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS and I could not be happier! Process as painless, in and out in less than 20 minutes abs most of that time was spent talking to the Sales Manager because we works with him when we purchased out Mode Y previously. Did a good, full inspection, but will really take my time and look her over today. NO panel gaps or misalignments anywhere! The three things I noted were: 1. the front passenger door has some slight bubbling/unevenness in the plastic (not sure how they would fix that), 2. Inside the door wells, where the hinges are the paint coating is under sprayed (anyone else have that issue?), and 3. All the doors have to be shut with quite a firm hand (never have to do that with the Model Y). Anyhoo, 1st world problems and things that I won’t ball about. Otherwise, I am over the moon happy and like many of you have said, “she is a ROCKET!!!”

View attachment 648713View attachment 648712
Ugh...sorry for the typos!

View attachment 648713View attachment 648712

Gorgeous! And great color selection by the way... ;)

Tim

Reactions: Sandee3
Picking up my car tomorrow afternoon! It seems front passenger side door, wheel alignment, and frunk closure issues are some common observations in these recent builds... Anything else I should look out for?
I’m also having some charging issues on my 14-50 NEMA (or the cord that plugs I to the Tesla itself). It’s not catching. I got it to charge at full power once in about 50-60 insertion tries. I’m assuming there is some debris somewhere causing a latch issue but I can’t figure it out. Lights turn all different colors on the port but not in a rainbow road kindve way..

can someone tell me if the charger should be moderately loose when plugged in?

I’m also having some charging issues on my 14-50 NEMA (or the cord that plugs I to the Tesla itself). It’s not catching. I got it to charge at full power once in about 50-60 insertion tries. I’m assuming there is some debris somewhere causing a latch issue but I can’t figure it out. Lights turn all different colors on the port but not in a rainbow road kindve way..

can someone tell me if the charger should be moderately loose when plugged in?
Should be green. No other colors but that and blue if not charging. White of taking out of port. Orange if something not aligned. Should be tight. There’s a little knob button that connects the adapter to the charger. Might need to give a little force for the click in place. Check all the insertion points. Should work the first time nearly every time. If that doesn’t work maybe try a different socket or the 110 to make sure it’s not the cord.

Should be green. No other colors but that and blue if not charging. White of taking out of port. Orange if something not aligned. Should be tight. There’s a little knob button that connects the adapter to the charger. Might need to give a little force for the click in place. Check all the insertion points. Should work the first time nearly every time. If that doesn’t work maybe try a different socket or the 110 to make sure it’s not the cord.
Thanks for the suggestion on the 110. I’ll try that. Yeah I’ve used an S as a long term rental and plugged in my sister’s X a couple nights ago-never any issues there. I’ve had blue, white, orange, and red aside from going green once after pushing hard and trying multiple alignment levels on maybe the 10th try (I’m being bad and trying to keep the charge around 90 for the first few days so I always have that brutal accel). This one is just a bit wonky, the port door was also trying to close on my hand which I had a good laugh at hah, this typically happens when it turns red. It was, however, charging at what it called a reduced rate (showing 244-246 V and 16A) on yellowish orange.
I’d say I’m in love with the car enough for this to be a huge bother, but something I’ll need to figure out. Heading to a supercharger later if the 110 option doesn’t take care of it to see if it’s a car issue or charger issue.