Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have an attorney on retainer that can easily send a threatening letter. I just hate to think this is how one has to begin their experience with Tesla. Then again I did send them more than $60K in cash for apparently nothing. Let’s see. I did demand an immediate return of my money since they cannot commit to anything or even suggest a resolution for their mistake. Everyone is telling me to stay away from this brand. I just thought their poor rating on JD Power was wrong.
Yup a lot of times it just comes down to demand or notice letters to get things done, unfortunately. I sent in the arbitration opt-out letter to Tesla and they updated my order page with "arbitration provision" - a color copy of the letter as well as the envelope notating the date received, so at least they took that and processed it immediately.

Hopefully your situation gets figured out but I feel you, my 2019 F80 looks way better than these new abominations. However, the interior on the new M models are very nice. The grill has not grown on me and never will.

I'm right there with you. Ordered the day after you
I think we live in the age of instant gratification (and going forward I'm strongly of the opinion that it's how it should be) and a modern company like Tesla is failing at it, especially because it's kind of going backwards from the rest of the industry with how it's handling things.

I think what makes it worse is the fact they are poor at being transparent. I think if they said that you're guaranteed a car by the end of the quarter and your order is definitely going to be processed people would probably be more at ease.

I think we live in the age of instant gratification (and going forward I'm strongly of the opinion that it's how it should be) and a modern company like Tesla is failing at it, especially because it's kind of going backwards from the rest of the industry with how it's handling things.

I think what makes it worse is the fact they are poor at being transparent. I think if they said that you're guaranteed a car by the end of the quarter and your order is definitely going to be processed people would probably be more at ease.
Agrees.

Even if there was just a bit more transparency in the process. For example, if there was something that would show your positon in a queue. Or information on where your car is in the build process. BMW and Porsche are able to provide this information when you custom order a car from them, a company like Tesla should be able to as well.

Reactions: Rob LsTa

I’d be more at ease if their words were trustable and they could tell me something like that. As it is, it seems they say whatever keeps the cash flowing.

This is unfortunate news but I would encourage you to stay optimistic. Everyone says the car is worth it and I don't miss my BMW 640 Gran Coupe (although I'm still awaiting my M3P this month). In the meantime, place your concerns about this incident in writing to Tesla and the local dealer and explain that you would expect some consideration for delays not caused by you. Be thinking about what's appropriate consideration and handle that with your dealership when the vehicle arrives. Maybe some free items/accessories. Extra home charger? Something that can reasonably account for any legitimate and articulable problems you've experienced due to this inconvenience.
Hi, I'm waiting like many here. Hopes aren't high based on what I've been reading and researching and I mean no rudeness by this comment whatsoever but you're dreaming if you think Tesla will offer some type of "consideration" towards the ill process of dealing with them. They DO NOT care.
I wished like you that they did........they don't. Sorry.

Update from Central NY w/ pick-up in Mt. Kisco:

Texted my SA during the 2-11 week fiasco on Friday outlining my concern about getting it before the rebate change deadline. He responded that he is confident that I will have it by the end of the month (paraphrasing) and checking the delivery dates on the account page will only make me crazy (not paraphrasing)

Dates update on Saturday to 6/19-6/29 then updated again Sunday morning to 6/20-6/29.

Checked again last night to see that I had the Tesla Vision disclaimer followed immediately by a VIN and an EDD of 6/9 (nice) to 6/11. I am hoping I can pick it up on 6/11 as it's a slow day at work or push to 6/12 so I don't have to burn through any ETO

Either way, there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel!

White/Black, no FSD, Ordered 4/24
Nice! I am headed down with the wife to pick up her car on 6/12.

Reactions: Gulfcoaster
If there’s anything this whole exercise has taught me, it’s that I am not good at waiting for things. I kind of knew that already, but being a relative latecomer to this “queue” (ordered 5/7) and losing my mind with the wait is kind of underscoring that fact.
I ordered early May and regret changing colors (then changing back to my OG color) a week later 😅

Reactions: Gimmethecash
Hi, I'm waiting like many here. Hopes aren't high based on what I've been reading and researching and I mean no rudeness by this comment whatsoever but you're dreaming if you think Tesla will offer some type of "consideration" towards the ill process of dealing with them. They DO NOT care.
I wished like you that they did........they don't. Sorry.
You’re correct. They have awful customer service and they really don’t care. I do think they will change once the competition catches up and they start seeing a financial impact.