Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went ahead and called my delivery location, and the general manager happened to pick up. I told him about this back and forth date stuff. He said to absolutely not pay attention to it as the app is not accurate at all. He then looked me up and said I have a soft pair with a vehicle to be built on July 15th, and have a true EDD of the week of the 25th. FYI my app shows currently at 7-11 weeks.
That sounds like great news! I wonder if you look in the source code of your order page and search “ra00” if your value shows true or false.

I'm patiently waiting just like you guys. Mine's sitting between July 18 and Aug 2. This is my 4th Tesla and I've always wondered if that plays into priority. Early on, previous owners used to get bumped up earlier in the list - or at least that's what we told ourselves. :) Anyway, this is the 2021 3 LR+ that I just got rid of for the Performance...

47DC36BA-0913-449C-A8DC-F3FDEE13AF86_1_102_o.jpeg

I'm patiently waiting just like you guys. Mine's sitting between July 18 and Aug 2. This is my 4th Tesla and I've always wondered if that plays into priority. Early on, previous owners used to get bumped up earlier in the list - or at least that's what we told ourselves. :) Anyway, this is the 2021 3 LR+ that I just got rid of for the Performance...

View attachment 683072
Looks amazing! What were some of the reasons why you decided to get rid of that one for the performance version?

View attachment 683072
Which front splitter is that? Been debating on getting one and yours looks great. Which wheels are those and are your windows tinted?

Looks amazing! What were some of the reasons why you decided to get rid of that one for the performance version?

Mostly because I sold my LR 3 for WAY more than it's worth. :) I had it all of 3 months and did all of the mods, then threw it out there and sold it for $57K. The used market is insane in my area. Figured I could wrap some of that new profit into a Performance. Honestly, it was fast enough for me and after swapping out the springs and making the mods I liked it, but I'm always good to sell a car and make a little $$.

Which front splitter is that? Been debating on getting one and yours looks great. Which wheels are those and are your windows tinted?

It's a chinese knock off that I got through AliExpress (along with most of the other body parts). The wheels are Avant Garde M580's and yes the windows are tinted 30% with ceramic tint.

Reactions: paulmc130
I’m thinking of putting some GYEON Quartz LeatherShield on the white seats right away to try and keep stains from setting in. I also saw some a detailing place on YouTube that was using Colourlock Leather Shield on them which they recommended for the same purpose.
I had a detailer put a few coats of the Quartz on my white seats and its been pretty decent

Reactions: mrmitch5150
Dang, I just realized that on the new performance model 3s, the front and rear Tesla emblem is still chrome, as is the Dual Motor badge. I wished they satin blacked those out too...
Yeah IMO looks way better blacked out. I have seen people use that plastidip stuff on them, but I think I’ll just get some black decals I saw on Amazon to put over them.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Got my VIN! I was sitting on 7-11 weeks as recently as yesterday but woke up to a "complete your insurance" and "Cash final payment ready" email this morning with my VIN in my account, delivery time now 7/19-7/25.

For those who've done this dance, do we have to link bank account and add to insurance before they reach out? Also I'm out of town for a week starting 7/23 so hoping that a delay is possible if it's the later part of the estimate week.

Got my VIN! I was sitting on 7-11 weeks as recently as yesterday but woke up to a "complete your insurance" and "Cash final payment ready" email this morning with my VIN in my account, delivery time now 7/19-7/25.

For those who've done this dance, do we have to link bank account and add to insurance before they reach out? Also I'm out of town for a week starting 7/23 so hoping that a delay is possible if it's the later part of the estimate week.
Congrats! Good to see some movement on the performance front!

For anyone who switched their LR order to Performance.. did it add a significant delay? Or did you end up getting the car sooner or a similar timeframe as original estimate? Tempted to switch to a performance but I’m already 3 weeks into this. The edit button is long gone.

I just ordered my M3P. Seriously considered the Plaid as I had owned a model s for 7 years. However, I do not travel like I used to and will probably only put 3k a year on anything I purchased (have a truck as well). Figured better to get a big check back (trading M5 comp for M3) and have a small fun car to toss around, while I wait for the roadster to come to market. A good friend just traded in his 2012 Porsche Panamera for a M3P as well.