Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I don’t understand is why are some here getting their M3P sooner than others. For example, just saw one person ordering theirs on 8/16 and then getting a VIN# a week later and already scheduled for delivery. We placed ours on 7/28 and still waiting for a VIN#. On top of that, they have pushed out our EDD 7x. Noticed also that these folks that are getting their VINs and delivery dates scheduled are on the east coast. We are in Seattle. ugh!
For what it’s worth, my original order was black exterior, black interior, and had an EDD of 9/25-9/30. A few days after ordering, maybe like 8/21, I modified the order to be black exterior, white interior, and then the next day my EDD changed to 9/5-9/10, which (assuming they deliver on time) will be pretty close to accurate.

Reactions: Waiting4Hyori
So excited. I placed the order for my M3P (Red on Black) today 9/1/21. SA said 3-4 weeks to Seattle area.
Good luck! We’re also excited. Hoping to get our VIN and take delivery by the end of Sept. We’re in Renton and been wondering why there as been a delay for the west region versus the mid and east region where I have seen orders placed there and getting a VIN 3days to a week later.

Is there a way to track your car by the VIN? My SA just says it is scheduled to tentatively arrive on the 15th.
Your best bet might be to check the spreadsheet (Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1) and filter by state to get the averages for your region.

Delivery rules change quite a bit per state, so the total average won't help you much. What I have seen here is that the average time between VIN and delivery is 10 days, but my delivery is scheduled at 14 days right now.

For what it's worth, I initially uploaded a PDF and had to enter the info by hand. The web site kept saying "No preview available". Thinking it might delay things, I uploaded a picture (JPEG) from my phone. I didn't have to enter anything after that.
I’ve had Preview Not Available on the PDF I uploaded all along. However, it did check the box on Insurance… so I’ve been assuming the criteria has been met and the UI just has some issue with the PDF preview. I’m in Virginia where having a copy with the VIN on it isn’t required on pickup day anyway… so not overly worried, I guess. Picking up this Thursday.

Reactions: Extant
What phone number are people using to do this? I don't see anything in my account online. Are you calling the service center closest to you? I want to talk to someone to ensure they don't put a front tag on my car before my home delivery scheduled later this week, but I really don't know who to call.
They called me from a Las Vegas area code number to touch base on what needed to be completed. I have had no luck getting a hold of someone at the actual store

What phone number are people using to do this? I don't see anything in my account online. Are you calling the service center closest to you? I want to talk to someone to ensure they don't put a front tag on my car before my home delivery scheduled later this week, but I really don't know who to call.
When I called, I used the number for my local delivery center (where my appointment is) and hit (I think) “1 for new car sales”, “2 for deliveries”, and sat on hold for a while. Eventually it connected me to a person and when I walked off they would be open on Labor Day, she said that they would be answering phone calls, because my call had gone into a call center that handles the entire state. I suspect this would probably be the same thing you would want to do. I got the number by Googling the delivery center address.

Forgot to post but got my M3P and already got it tinted. Car didn't have any issues and panel gaps weren't large enough to warrant a rejection in my opinion.

Ordered 08/26, Tesla Agreement + VIN on 08/31, Delivery on 09/02.

Attachments

• IMG_1405.jpg
    IMG_1405.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 105
For what it's worth, I initially uploaded a PDF and had to enter the info by hand. The web site kept saying "No preview available". Thinking it might delay things, I uploaded a picture (JPEG) from my phone. I didn't have to enter anything after that.
Thanks; could well be a pdf issue. I ended up calling my local service center, and was pleasantly surprised that I was promptly able to speak to a human who corrected the issue right away.

Reactions: Extant
My M3P ordered 8/26 in North Carolina now has a scheduled delivery appointment with my Service Advisor for 9/16. Midnight silver/white interior.

First time EV buyer. I have watched about every Tesla video on Youtube.

That is amazingly fast! Congrats! I ordered a Midnight silver Model 3 Performance with black interior on 8/15. I still do not have a VIN. The EDD is still 9/9 to 9/30. I am in Washington State.

Reactions: Taxvictim