Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spent the past few days trying to find a decently priced used Plaid. I just can't swing it, it is wayyy outside my price range. So, i will have to slum it in the M3P... 🤗🤣
We're a single income family until my wife graduates from school, so there is no way I can swing it right now. I'm sure my wife doesn't want to eat ramen for half our meals. I'll have to "settle" for the poor man's Plaid.

Edit: I also imagine the M3P handles a bit better in the curves, but I'm unsure of that. Maybe just trying to make myself feel better.

We're a single income family until my wife graduates from school, so there is no way I can swing it right now. I'm sure my wife doesn't want to eat ramen for half our meals. I'll have to "settle" for the poor man's Plaid.

Edit: I also imagine the M3P handles a bit better in the curves, but I'm unsure of that. Maybe just trying to make myself feel better.
The M3P should handle better.

Most reviewers prefer the overall dynamics of the 3P. For driving of course. If you want to win a drag race the Plaid will undoubtedly do that against everything.

The plaid has the advantage of being able to perform even at lower SOC.

What we really need is a M3P Plaid. 0-60 in 2.5 and is able to perform at all SOC. I'd pay 10k more for that.

Most reviewers prefer the overall dynamics of the 3P. For driving of course. If you want to win a drag race the Plaid will undoubtedly do that against everything.

What we really need is a M3P Plaid. 0-60 in 2.5 and is able to perform at all SOC. I'd pay 10k more for that.
I’d honestly pay 10k for the same peak power but with a flatter power curve like the Plaid, even if just to 100mph. That way we aren’t fully asking for a new power train, just new power delivery hardware.

I thought about the economics of Tesla having a M3 or MY Plaid and I think it would cannibalize the MS and MX Plaids. People who must have the fastest will spend the $120k+.

Reactions: Young Phenom

So the Plaid doesn't drop off with lower SOC like the M3P does? I agree I wish the M3P wasn't such a drastic drop when you get down to 60%ish and lower SOC.

Reactions: Young Phenom
Hello to all, finally decided to post my stats
White M3P w/ white interior delivery to South Carolina but registering to Louisiana. I am travel nurse so I need my car delivered to my current location.

Ordered 3/5/2022
EDD April-May
EDD April 30 to June 4th
EDD May 4th to June 1st
Changed to Red color on 4/9/22
EDD unchanged May 4th to June 1st

Hope the color change doesn’t affect my delivery EDD much

I'm on the first day of my 30 day delivery window (4/18 -5/16), still no update as of this morning. I'm expecting it to get pushed back sometime this week to early May with a 14 day delivery window.
Expect your EDD window to move backwards tomorrow. Mine went from 4/12-5/10 to 4/26-5/24 on the 2nd day of my 30 day window.

A shrinking window, text about trade in etc. are all signs that a VIN isn’t far away from what I can tell.

For y'all that think California folks get cars delivered on demand...lol.

Blue/Black. No FSD. SF Bay Area.
OD: 02/14
EDD: March
EDD1 (2/15): 04/08-05/06
EDD2 (4/11): 04/18-05/16
EDD3 (4/14): 04/16-04/30
EDD4 (4/15): 04/17-04/30
EED5 (4/18): 04/24-05/08

I've been driving my 2004 Subaru for 18 years, so waiting a couple weeks longer shouldn't be a problem, but this is killing me.