Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a rare stroke of advantageously thinking ahead, last year I bought a Corded Mobile Connector and a spare Mobile Connector Bundle to take advantage of the 30% EVSE tax credit. Now that portable Tesla chargers are to 2022 as toilet paper was to the beginning of COVID, I think I'll list my mobile connector on eBay for 100 billion dollars and see if I get any nibbles... 😄

And back on topic:

EDD has been at 4/24-5/06 for a few weeks now. MSM/black/no FSD/Virginia. No VIN yet. Received the "do you have a trade in?" text message on 1 April, and a "prepare for delivery" email on 11 April. I can attest that the "prep for delivery" message is similar to a swift kick to the groin when you have not yet been assigned a VIN. Ouch...

We have similar two-week windows (4/29-5/11) with the same exact car configuration. We are also both on the east coast (PA), so I am hoping that's a good thing. I don't have a VIN either.

Has anyone seen a two-week window pushed out further? I reached out to my SC to inquire, as at this point, I have no sense of confidence that this two week window means I am that much closer. They said it can still be pushed back, but its less likely once it has narrowed down. Just being pessimistic given the lack of deliveries/VIN assignments occurring.

We have similar two-week windows (4/29-5/11) with the same exact car configuration. We are also both on the east coast (PA), so I am hoping that's a good thing. I don't have a VIN either.

Has anyone seen a two-week window pushed out further? I reached out to my SC to inquire, as at this point, I have no sense of confidence that this two week window means I am that much closer. They said it can still be pushed back, but its less likely once it has narrowed down. Just being pessimistic given the lack of deliveries/VIN assignments occurring.
I went from April 16-Apr 30 to April 24-May 6, so it seems the two week window is no longer a sign of anything good.

Atleast it wasnt a huge push back. I read some horror stories from Reddit that people had their 2-week windows pushed back over a month, but also went back to the 4-5 week window.
True that. No good news is better than plaid bad news...I guess? But the two week window no longer seems as encouraging as it once was.

There has to be something the supply chain that is just about to arrive. Lots of two week windows, small adjustments to deliveries, texts about trade-ins, etc. Let's just hope whichever ship it's on doesn't catch fire in the Pacific.

In a rare stroke of advantageously thinking ahead, last year I bought a Corded Mobile Connector and a spare Mobile Connector Bundle to take advantage of the 30% EVSE tax credit. Now that portable Tesla chargers are to 2022 as toilet paper was to the beginning of COVID, I think I'll list my mobile connector on eBay for 100 billion dollars and see if I get any nibbles... 😄

And back on topic:

EDD has been at 4/24-5/06 for a few weeks now. MSM/black/no FSD/Virginia. No VIN yet. Received the "do you have a trade in?" text message on 1 April, and a "prepare for delivery" email on 11 April. I can attest that the "prep for delivery" message is similar to a swift kick to the groin when you have not yet been assigned a VIN. Ouch...
Anyone else read 100 billion dollars in their internal Dr. Evil voice? Or am I just that old.......

• Funny
Reactions: _tb_ and Rodney!
OD: 1/29
VIN: 4/06
DD: 4/18

So close and yet so far...View attachment 792244
Got my M3P today.

Solid build, flawless fit & finish
With Mobile Connector
AMD Ryzen/Li-ion LV Battery
Double pane front windows

OD 1/29
M3P Black Black
No FSD Las Vegas

EDD 3/17 - 3/26
EDD 4/3 - 4/17
EDD 4/11 - 4/25
EDD 4/08-4/17
EDD 4/06-4/12

OD: 1/29
VIN: 4/06
DD: 4/19

Awesome prep by LV Tesla Team.
No hitch pick up by out of state drive-away buyer.

Adios amigos!
20220419_113840.jpg

Got my M3P today.

Solid build, flawless fit & finish
With Mobile Connector
AMD Ryzen/Li-ion LV Battery
Double pane front windows

Awesome prep by LV Tesla Team.
No hitch pick up by out of state drive-away buyer.

Adios amigos!View attachment 795478

CONGRATS! Good luck with it brother! 👍👍👍

As far as everyone else is concerned...
Screenshot_20220419-163552_Chrome.jpg

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Hey Debbie, i found this supposed screenshot from a Tesla employee on another thread...
View attachment 795325
There‘s a black hole in this communication. It says orders after April 17 will not get the charger. Then it says orders delivered in the next couple of weeks will get it. Cool. They’ll deliver 5 or 6 cars in the next couple of weeks. So what is to come of those cars ordered before April 17 and delivered months from now?

Last edited:
There‘s a black hole in this communication. It says orders after April 17 will not get the charger. Then it says orders delivered in the next couple of weeks will get it. Cool. They’ll deliver 5 or 6 cars in the next couple of weeks. So what is to come of those cars ordered before April 17 and delivered months from now?
Tesla communication, clear as mud.

Reactions: Rodney!