Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Realistically you’re looking at 2-2.5 months unless by some fluke you get your car as part of the big end of quarter production push. It’s possible, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Well hopefully it’s no worse than ford. I got pushed and bumped from ordering date 9/27 till now for a Powerboost F150. Their customer service had no answers other than the “chip hold” excuse. 10 months now. Will Cancel tomorrow.

This may bode ill for the Quality Control department if they have to let the quotas slip through. In the End, I’ll probably still take what I get and hope the SC will fix it as needed. Might be better than this roller coaster.
The quality control will definitely slip, no doubt about it. I'm guessing most of us will need to place a separate service appointment to go through all of the issues and resolve them.

With your broad 5 week delivery estimate, how’s their track record been here with sticking to the earlier side of the timeframes?
Unfortunately it’s all over the board. What you can count on though, is Tesla focusing on going from east to west coast in the last month of the quarter to get as many numbers in as possible. So, if you ordered last month and are in California, there’s a good chance of getting your car before quarter end.

C0E04BA3-6624-46D8-8027-8EE454E3EE85.jpeg

So helpful. Thanks Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: julit0
This is my car at the SC waiting to be detailed and delivered to me later this week. It's annoying I didn't get to choose delivery at the SC but instead was forced to take home delivery I'm less than a 15 minute drive from the SC closer to 10 minutes of they take all highway and freeway routes.
View attachment 815940
Got the Matrix LEDs I see. Did you already look for panel gaps and other issues on exterior? you got all kinds of time if you can get to it now, right?

Reactions: Flatbroke
So if I'm in WI and want to order a long range but the delivery estimate of a performance is much sooner, June - August, is it realistic than I might see one in June/July if I spend the extra for the performance version? Is there a way to get more certainty?
Probably missed the boat for June, unless there’s one locally that a sale fell through on which you could ask your SA. Or perhaps they’ve got a demo model you could buy also