Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Performance
White + White, No FSD
Los Angeles, CA

*Order Date <6/15/22> Original EDD June - August 2022
*VIN DATE <6/16/22> EDD July 16 - August 17
*Confirmed Financing on <6/17/22> EDD June 19-23
*Confirmed Delivery on <6/18/22> Delivery set for June 22

Rescheduled to June 25th yesterday due to railroad transit delay, which works out because that’s a Saturday and also my PPF shop is fully booked because of all the teslas coming in
Did you get 300 VIN?

Reactions: Flatbroke
Yes, they do. Mine came this morning.

The gist of my message was "Love the car, dislike the inconsistency in both assembly and service experience." My car is well put together. Had one very minor issue with a speaker screw being loose. My contact with sales advisors has been 99% good. But I know thats not true for all of us in here and I think they should and can do better. QC needs to improve - full stop. Other manufacturers have done it and its high time Tesla pay some BIG BIG BIG bucks and poach some of the QC guys from Toyota, Honda, and some of the Bavarian makers. If they can nip the service and quality inconsistencies they'll stay on top of the EV mountain for a very long time.

There's an old manufacturing adage to the effect of "Quality, speed, and price. Pick two."
Tesla is playing a similar game. They are cranking out cars, increasing prices, AND locking down the third party repair side. If they could make changes to any of those it could keep the other two in check.
This has nothing to do with poaching guys from Toyota or other brands. They are literally in a plant where Toyota taught GM how to build cars “the Toyota way”. Tesla is GM in the 70s. It is all about volume and NO ONE is allowed top stop the assembly line. Absolutely no one. Car is dented, ship it. Model Y with model 3 tail lights, ship it. Missing a speaker, ship it.

And all this is just dumped on service to fix. So those guys are crushed and deal with really pissed off customers. If Tesla and specifically ELON himself would not be so petrified of missing a delivery estimate, thus destroying his wealth, then and only then would they fix this. If they hired all those QC guys as you suggest, those guys would make recommendations and would then be fired. Just like PR was fired for making recommendations that Elon tweet less.

This is 💯 on Elon. This is 💯 on purpose to make delivery and guidance numbers.

This has nothing to do with poaching guys from Toyota or other brands. They are literally in a plant where Toyota taught GM how to build cars “the Toyota way”. Tesla is GM in the 70s. It is all about volume and NO ONE is allowed top stop the assembly line. Absolutely no one. Car is dented, ship it. Model Y with model 3 tail lights, ship it. Missing a speaker, ship it.

And all this is just dumped on service to fix. So those guys are crushed and deal with really pissed off customers. If Tesla and specifically ELON himself would not be so petrified of missing a delivery estimate, thus destroying his wealth, then and only then would they fix this. If they hired all those QC guys as you suggest, those guys would make recommendations and would then be fired. Just like PR was fired for making recommendations that Elon tweet less.

Delivery numbers are in 9 days. They are going to be good.

Could you maybe go to a different thread and piss on our dreams there? I mean, dude… serious buzzkill in a thread about people waiting on cars they just ordered. Damn, I bet you are fun at parties.

OK, this is my graduation day post. The car was delivered yesterday, but late in the afternoon, so I had little time to inspect it. I checked the outside, drove it around the block and put it in the garage, then connected it to our wifi network and went to dinner and bed. Had a software update waiting this morning--they don't deliver them with the latest software? WTF? Anyway, I charged it, drove it some, went over it carefully this morning with my checklists, and couldn't find anything to gripe about except for a slightly low hood at the front fascia when closed, so it's a keeper. I've heard that's an easy adjust of the latch height, but it doesn't even bother me.

So I set about making it mine by installing my Weathertech mats and custom matte carbon fiber option package that were waiting in the garage. Here's my inside pics (exterior shots in my last post) and I'm out of here, except for watching if Flatbroke gets his car. I'll be hanging in the driving dynamics and modifications forums from now on. Yowza! Cowabunga! 🤙

Attachments

• CFembR.jpg
    CFembR.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 68
  • CFembF.jpg
    CFembF.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • CFwheel.jpg
    CFwheel.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 49
  • CFdashL.jpg
    CFdashL.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 51
  • CFdoorL.jpg
    CFdoorL.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 49
  • CFdashR.jpg
    CFdashR.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 48
  • CFdoorR.jpg
    CFdoorR.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 46
  • CFconsole.jpg
    CFconsole.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 49
OK, this is my graduation day post. The car was delivered yesterday, but late in the afternoon, so I had little time to inspect it. I checked the outside, drove it around the block and put it in the garage, then connected it to our wifi network and went to dinner and bed. Had a software update waiting this morning--they don't deliver them with the latest software? WTF? Anyway, I charged it, drove it some, went over it carefully this morning with my checklists, and couldn't find anything to gripe about except for a slightly low hood at the front fascia when closed, so it's a keeper. I've heard that's an easy adjust of the latch height, but it doesn't even bother me.

So I set about making it mine by installing my Weathertech mats and custom matte carbon fiber option package that were waiting in the garage. Here's my inside pics (exterior shots in my last post) and I'm out of here, except for watching if Flatbroke gets his car. I'll be hanging in the driving dynamics and modifications forums from now on. Yowza! Cowabunga! 🤙
Thanks buddy. Congratulations on the clean bill of health and update pics. Enjoy. I need that CF cover in my
Life!!!! Looks Bomb.

Congratulations - Awesome additions to make it unique.

So i got an estimate to install my tesla wall charger. 1700 bucks to install?? Seems pretty damn high. I just put solar on the house so they would be going from one exterior panel with conduit about 30 feet to the front corner of my house and mounting. What has everyone else paid? Is this the norm?
I just got a quote today for $900 bucks with labors and parts. I thought the quote was high but seeing yours, I don't feel so bad

They certainly don't appear to GAF about customer service. Though successful, their business model is a strange one. They pride themselves on the buying experience but honestly it's kind of shitty, afaic.

My local Tesla store has no vehicles available for test drives. Tesla doesn't have dealerships so they don't have salesmen. Any time I go there all of the employees are in the back yucking it up. What exactly do they do? How do they not have time to answer a simple question? It makes no sense to me that I've waited 2 days and counting for a reply from them. I don't mean to interrupt their busy day, but sheesh, you'd think spending $65k would get you a little bit of attention. Hell, the $250 deposit alone should be enough reason for them to reply to questions. I've never had to beg anyone from Audi/BMW to get back to me. I haven't even got my car yet and I'm already planning on replacing it with an A6 Etron in a couple of years.

...maybe I've just been spoiled and have unreasonable expectations...
Agreed with you 100%. For what I paid, I expected my own concierge. But alas, it's Tesla. Tesla knows they have a cult following so they couldn't care less.

Reactions: Brou