Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I’ve been stalking this thread while waiting for my M3P, and I got some bad news two days ago. I had a delivery appointment scheduled for today at 5pm, VIN assigned, insurance set up, etc. and two days ago the VIN disappeared from my account and it switched to an estimated delivery date. Turns out since I’m on the east coast, they yanked my VIN and sold the car to someone closer to Fremont.

I’m super sad to not get the car, but even worse I now have to figure out transportation until another car gets built and assigned to me. Any suggestions? Also is this a common occurrence?
Wow that sucks. We are at their mercy. No details given then it’s an emergency 3 day window to accept. But that’s subject to change too. Sorry it happened

Not only did they not call me, they yanked the VIN in the app and literally ghosted me for a day and a half. They were very responsive via text until this happened, then suddenly I got no response for a day and a half and then my first call to them was hung up after waiting for 30 minutes on hold. Once I finally got in touch with them they said their text system was down and apologized, then explained that because of end of quarter they couldn’t get my car here in time and had to sell it to someone closer to the factory.

You are correct that I made life changes in preparation for the vehicle delivery and now I’m stuck trying to figure out my situation with no estimate of how long I might be waiting. I really want this car but I’m super disappointed in how this was handled.

I did get a call from the local showroom that was helping me after I complained quite a bit to Tesla corporate on the phone, and they told me they’d be on the lookout and had two MYP that might get unmatched today. When I called they said both owners decided to accept delivery and I am out of luck.

Also I forgot to include my order info… white with black interior, no FSD, OD 5/27. Original EDD 7/25-8/29, 2nd EDD 6/23-7/7, 3rd EDD 6/24-7/7, delivery appointment 6/27 5pm.
I feel for you buddy. I didn’t get a vin but two separate 2 week windows. The first in May and I’m near Fremont

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
OK I took my delivery on Saturday 12 PM as scheduled. It was an uneventful process. Car did not have any major issues. Did not notice any major gap issue or maybe I was not able to find, see the last 2 photos of the gaps between the bumper and right and left fenders, I felt the gap on the left side a bit more than on the right. But really did not bother me, at this stage I do not want to reject the car for such an issue as long as it does not affect the functionality, stability and looks of the car. If an issue does not bother me I will leave at it. Paint had no issues at all. Even the interior was clean, did not notice any. At one point I was trying to find any issue, above that it will be nitpicking.
Though, I had one issue, the attitude of the sales lady delivering my car. Her attitude was like take it or leave it. I just wanted to discuss with her the small gap issue I found, though it did not bother me, her words were "Sales people do not fix cars". Book a service appointment. Just gave me 30 minutes for the whole process and was in a hurry. Never made me feel valued customer. I feel Tesla needs a serious competition, to change their after sales and service handling. But for now they have built an excellent car and technology.
Do not get these small irks to lose interest, because driving this car is total new experience. I did not hear or feel any sounds or rattle while driving home. It was smooth and perfect. Oh! and the instant torque and handling, makes all the waits and issues you had like a bad dream, because it is really a dream to drive this car.
Folks who are waiting, I will tell you, the wait will be worth it.
By the way, I felt my car windows had tint, cant believe Tesla will give me a free tint, maybe I am mistaken and cant figure out, you guys take a look at the pictures and see if it has. This car is new to me, so I cant figure it out.
If it has some kinda window tint, I will do the PPF only front half.
They should fix that front fender gap or lack there of. I would be worried it would rub and chip paint

I can't believe there are ppl that hate the Uberturbines. They're easily one of my favorite OEM 20" wheel.
I am about to put the red tesla emblem on the center caps of my uberturbines for my metallic blue m3p and I can’t wait. I did the vinyl wrap on the other tesla emblems in red and it looks sick. I thought it will look great on the wheels

So I just finished my homelink install and I asked the tech about installing a yoke and he was very firm that it does void the warranty because it’s housing a safety device and is one of the most important parts of the car in emergency situations. He also said it could potentially cause issues with the electronic system. After considering all of that, I’ve decided to return the yoke and not install it. Sure, I could swap them when I need service but what if I’m in an accident where airbags are deployed… potential insurance issues with determining fault and losing my warranty are just not worth the risk.
Could you buy an OEM model S yoke and install?

For anybody looking at solar don’t use semper solaris. They just fried a bunch of appliances in my house because they didn’t lug down the neutral at the main and it came loose with the power on. Fried fans, lights, dishwasher, washing machine, 3,000 denon receiver. Luckily didn’t fry the tesla that was plugged in at the time. They don’t even use electricians to install. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I am about to put the red tesla emblem on the center caps of my uberturbines for my metallic blue m3p and I can’t wait. I did the vinyl wrap on the other tesla emblems in red and it looks sick. I thought it will look great on the wheels
I agree. The Uber’s are gorgeous IMO. I have zero plans to replace them.

Attachments

• 84A06770-DC78-47DB-ACD6-D54E070D9D88.jpeg
    84A06770-DC78-47DB-ACD6-D54E070D9D88.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 84
"Little" update....
Last week the car was registered and received a licence plate... And then nothing till today...

I receive a email from Tesla saying that i received a "Free 30 days trial of Premium Connectivity" and im like... "what?" :D

I open my tesla app and there she is... :D
View attachment 822125
Might want to remove your address from that screenshot.

What charging cords adapters etc. come with delivery? Also front license plates are required where I live. Will I need to purchase one or will it also come upon delivery?
Thanks
It looks like the M3P are coming with the mobile charger kit, but only includes the 120v adapter. For 35 amp, you will need to buy the 14-50 adapter. The car will come with a stick on front license plate mount.

I have this and love it. SnapPlate Model 3 Removable Front License Plate Mount