Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, if it makes you feel better, the EDD literally means nothing.

I ordered on June 4th - M3P, red on black, no FSD.
Delivery range when I ordered - June-August
First EDD - Late August - Late October
Second EDD about a week later - 6/24 - 7/4 (I got pretty excited about this one!)
Third EDD about a week after that - 7/24 - 8/21

I assume that I was about to get a pretty quick delivery, but they realized they wouldn't be able to get it to me here in North Carolina before end of quarter. That's ok! Still hoping for something later this month.

When I ordered my last M3P last year, things fell into place FAST. I ordered on 11/28, original EDD was January-March 2022, got a VIN (and text to schedule delivery) 2 days later on 11/30, picked it up on 12/12. And, to the point about no one getting their VIN in the middle of the day, mine was assigned at 12:54pm ET - which I guess is 9:54am PT, so really is still the morning. I had checked the website at around 10am ET, and had no VIN, even checking source code.

It is 100% a crapshoot, and the dates are only there to make you feel like you're actually going to get a car someday.

Well, if it makes you feel better, the EDD literally means nothing.

I ordered on June 4th - M3P, red on black, no FSD.
Delivery range when I ordered - June-August
First EDD - Late August - Late October
Second EDD about a week later - 6/24 - 7/4 (I got pretty excited about this one!)
Third EDD about a week after that - 7/24 - 8/21

I assume that I was about to get a pretty quick delivery, but they realized they wouldn't be able to get it to me here in North Carolina before end of quarter. That's ok! Still hoping for something later this month.

When I ordered my last M3P last year, things fell into place FAST. I ordered on 11/28, original EDD was January-March 2022, got a VIN (and text to schedule delivery) 2 days later on 11/30, picked it up on 12/12. And, to the point about no one getting their VIN in the middle of the day, mine was assigned at 12:54pm ET - which I guess is 9:54am PT, so really is still the morning. I had checked the website at around 10am ET, and had no VIN, even checking source code.

It is 100% a crapshoot, and the dates are only there to make you feel like you're actually going to get a car someday.
Re: checking the source code
Any idea how much sooner the VIN shows in the code before either showing on the page or being contacted by Tesla? I installed that Tesla VIN checker and have been curious how much, if any, of a heads up I would get from it.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
Re: checking the source code
Any idea how much sooner the VIN shows in the code before either showing on the page or being contacted by Tesla? I installed that Tesla VIN checker and have been curious how much, if any, of a heads up I would get from it.
From my experience? I got a VIN VERY quickly, and had just checked about 2 hours before I got my text saying I had a VIN. I've heard from a few people that they've seen their VIN in the source code a day or two before it was actually showing on the website.

Reactions: MrBubbles
How many miles are you guys (that drove over 200 miles hahahaha) (not laughing at the poor guy that got the nail in the tire in less then 50 miles) getting out of a set of tires? Is there a better tire for longevity. The 480 per tire has me a bit concerned if they last 9k miles or even 20k for that matter. I will be Driving around 30-36k per year.

Reactions: julit0
I went with Air80 on the windshield and ceramic 40 on all the sides and back too. I'm not happy with it. There's tiny bubbles in every film. Most I didn't notice, but my wife was happy to point them out. The back film even has a few tiny creases. And they left the glass FILTHY. I had to put the back seats down and stick my legs in the trunk to clean the back glass. And they damaged some of the fabric around the glass by using too much of their spray solution. It didn't dry clear so now there's water spot rings in the back headliner.
Did you also use Shade Custom Tint, LLC? I got it done there, clearly they are not experts. Luckily they did not mess up my car interior too much, Just few foot prints n seats and spray on some trims. But clearly their tint and PPF work is not top notch, and they charge a lot. Even I have small tiny air bubbles on the rear window, I did not do the roof window. May have to leave a feed back, so other Tesla owners can be careful.

Did you also use Shade Custom Tint, LLC? I got it done there, clearly they are not experts. Luckily they did not mess up my car interior too much, Just few foot prints n seats and spray on some trims. But clearly their tint and PPF work is not top notch, and they charge a lot. Even I have small tiny air bubbles on the rear window, I did not do the roof window. May have to leave a feed back, so other Tesla owners can be careful.
Yep, same guys. No idea how they got 4.9 stars. I'm going to leave a negative review but I'm waiting for a couple of weeks so they don't just reply "should have waited full 2 weeks for tint to dry." I thought about bringing it back to them, but they would have to redo every single window, which undoubtedly would cause more water damage.

Another weird thing about them--they kept trying to shoo me out of the place by telling me how long it would take (I don't live in Apex, so Ubering home wouldn't be worth the time/money). When I checked the Sentry cam one of the guys had his feet up on a table and started laughing when he saw the cameras were activated. I didn't see the other guy so I'm assuming he was working in the car. But if it's such a time consuming car to tint, why is one of the tinters sitting on his ass watching the other guy work?

Did they at least clean your windows once they were done?

How many miles are you guys (that drove over 200 miles hahahaha) (not laughing at the poor guy that got the nail in the tire in less then 50 miles) getting out of a set of tires? Is there a better tire for longevity. The 480 per tire has me a bit concerned if they last 9k miles or even 20k for that matter. I will be Driving around 30-36k per year.
I'm hoping I can squeeze at least a year out of the stock tires and then upgrade to maybe a Michelin 245. Something with a little more sidewall support.

interesting that they moved during a Holiday. I wonder if the dates are auto generated to keep our undivided attention.

I wondered about that. My best guess is that they have a central production monitoring system that plans the order of production based on options and then estimates when different builds will run. All blue models, then red, etc. Seems to me that paint color changes would be the big efficiency waster in the line. Or availability of parts, like rims, or interior materials. It’s random to us, but I’m sure they have a good algorithm for predicting production, I mean, they did program an AI to drive the car.

Reactions: Flatbroke