Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One film. Since the roof area (Section A) has tinted glass already, by applying a 50% film over that area will make it 17.5%, while the lower half (Section B) will be 50%.

* This calculation is assuming that the tinted stock glass on the roof is ~35% or so...

Some people tint only (Section B) the lower half, but I prefer to just use one whole piece to cover the entire area.

View attachment 825226
I did only B on my last tesla. My only issue is that I like section B to be decently dark like 15-20% but then if I tint the whole glass like that, A is gonna be pretty dark lol. So I'm debating that in my head. Also the sunroof portion tint as well.

I did only B on my last tesla. My only issue is that I like section B to be decently dark like 15-20% but then if I tint the whole glass like that, A is gonna be pretty dark lol. So I'm debating that in my head. Also the sunroof portion tint as well.

Ok okay. Gotcha. I totally understand. The nice thing is that there is the option of just tinting each section separately. If somehow you can get two sheets with different %'s to match right up for the rear section that'd be nice.

New member, but been on the boards for a minute. Owned a 21 SR+ before having spent the last year in a VW ID4. Placed an order for a Model 3 LR and got the itch to switch over to the performance due to wait times and also always been a fan of the trim. The wife gave me the green light to spec it how I see fit and not settle for the most cost saving options. Went with Blue/white. A little worried after making the switch on 1 July as my EDD was still sitting out in October. Just updated this morning to 28 July-11 August. Looking forward to a smooth delivery and hopefully not much of a shift to the right.

New member, but been on the boards for a minute. Owned a 21 SR+ before having spent the last year in a VW ID4. Placed an order for a Model 3 LR and got the itch to switch over to the performance due to wait times and also always been a fan of the trim. The wife gave me the green light to spec it how I see fit and not settle for the most cost saving options. Went with Blue/white. A little worried after making the switch on 1 July as my EDD was still sitting out in October. Just updated this morning to 28 July-11 August. Looking forward to a smooth delivery and hopefully not much of a shift to the right.
How was the ID4?

Yep, same guys. No idea how they got 4.9 stars. I'm going to leave a negative review but I'm waiting for a couple of weeks so they don't just reply "should have waited full 2 weeks for tint to dry." I thought about bringing it back to them, but they would have to redo every single window, which undoubtedly would cause more water damage.

Another weird thing about them--they kept trying to shoo me out of the place by telling me how long it would take (I don't live in Apex, so Ubering home wouldn't be worth the time/money). When I checked the Sentry cam one of the guys had his feet up on a table and started laughing when he saw the cameras were activated. I didn't see the other guy so I'm assuming he was working in the car. But if it's such a time consuming car to tint, why is one of the tinters sitting on his ass watching the other guy work?

Did they at least clean your windows once they were done?
I am going to leave a bad review for sure. When I looked at the reviews in google they had all glorious five stars, too good to be true, that should have given me enough reason not go there. But I was in a hurry to get the PPF done and protect my car before using it a lot and get scratches and rock chips. Even, I wanted them to fix it (he actually did remove one hair which was at an edge, which was easy for him to lift it remove and stick the PPF back, the other was in the center and could not risk). I dont trust them anymore and dont want them to touch my car.
I was continuously watching sentry mode camera and I hardly saw them working on my car, that means they did not spend much time on my car, though they kept it for more than a day and charged me 3K with taxes.
They did not clean my windows, it had all the finger prints and dried out spray solution.
I also observed the owner is never there and just leaves it to the employees to manage, So there is no monitoring or QC. Most of the shops will be same I think, you wont know until you go through this. I feel the less we give our cars to these shops the better.

I am going to leave a bad review for sure. When I looked at the reviews in google they had all glorious five stars, too good to be true, that should have given me enough reason not go there. But I was in a hurry to get the PPF done and protect my car before using it a lot and get scratches and rock chips. Even, I wanted them to fix it (he actually did remove one hair which was at an edge, which was easy for him to lift it remove and stick the PPF back, the other was in the center and could not risk). I dont trust them anymore and dont want them to touch my car.
I was continuously watching sentry mode camera and I hardly saw them working on my car, that means they did not spend much time on my car, though they kept it for more than a day and charged me 3K with taxes.
They did not clean my windows, it had all the finger prints and dried out spray solution.
I also observed the owner is never there and just leaves it to the employees to manage, So there is no monitoring or QC. Most of the shops will be same I think, you wont know until you go through this. I feel the less we give our cars to these shops the better.
I guess it's good to know my experience was shared with someone else. Misery loves company. 😂

I went out yesterday and took a better look and noticed there is actually some hair in my tint as well. That of course, causes a hair shaped bubble.

PXL_20220705_165819424.jpg

This is what my back window looked like after I waited 2 days for it "to dry."

PXL_20220703_144728579.jpg

I had to put the back seats down and put my legs in the trunk to get a good enough angle to clean them. After using two different window cleaners I realized it was some kind of lubricant they'd left on the window. I'm assuming that's done to help their squeegee glide across the film. I eventually got it streak free by using a dry microfiber towel.

PXL_20220703_150114719.jpg

While in the trunk I noticed the damage from their spray solution not drying clear.

PXL_20220703_145335833.jpg

PXL_20220703_145147081.jpg

And there's another bubble (top left) I just noticed after uploading this picture:

PXL_20220703_145141089.jpg

There was also a bunch of dried water drips between the windshield and dash. Luckily my wife's arms were flexible enough to get in there and clean it up.

She also pointed out all of the nicks, bubbles, scratches, crimps, etc in all of the film.

PXL_20220705_165917655.jpg

PXL_20220705_170147449.jpg

PXL_20220705_165906300.jpg

I eventually asked her not to show me anymore. But I'll be posting these pictures to my review, for sure.

I guess it's good to know my experience was shared with someone else. Misery loves company. 😂

I went out yesterday and took a better look and noticed there is actually some hair in my tint as well. That of course, causes a hair shaped bubble.

View attachment 825307

This is what my back window looked like after I waited 2 days for it "to dry."

View attachment 825308

I had to put the back seats down and put my legs in the trunk to get a good enough angle to clean them. After using two different window cleaners I realized it was some kind of lubricant they'd left on the window. I'm assuming that's done to help their squeegee glide across the film. I eventually got it streak free by using a dry microfiber towel.

View attachment 825309

While in the trunk I noticed the damage from their spray solution not drying clear.

View attachment 825310

View attachment 825311

And there's another bubble (top left) I just noticed after uploading this picture:

View attachment 825312

There was also a bunch of dried water drips between the windshield and dash. Luckily my wife's arms were flexible enough to get in there and clean it up.

She also pointed out all of the nicks, bubbles, scratches, crimps, etc in all of the film.

View attachment 825313

View attachment 825314

View attachment 825315

I eventually asked her not to show me anymore. But I'll be posting these pictures to my review, for sure.
Oh God, looks bad and I feel very bad, because I have OCD of keeping my cars clean and prestine. I have not yet done such a close observation,because it is so hot in my garage, cant spend too much time in the car parked in garage. Also I dont want to see it since it will keep bothering me.
On a side note, since my car is white I am already seeing dust settled on the car. The tire shine they put at the time of delivery is not a good quality and I am seeing it all splashed on the fenders and lower part of doors. I have all the equipment to wash the car but not getting time, since it is so hot and sunny. I am planning to do my own ceramic coating and don't want to get scratches and water mark before that. Do you think brushless car wash is OK to do once in a while? The car really needs a wash.

Oh God, looks bad and I feel very bad, because I have OCD of keeping my cars clean and prestine. I have not yet done such a close observation,because it is so hot in my garage, cant spend too much time in the car parked in garage. Also I dont want to see it since it will keep bothering me.
On a side note, since my car is white I am already seeing dust settled on the car. The tire shine they put at the time of delivery is not a good quality and I am seeing it all splashed on the fenders and lower part of doors. I have all the equipment to wash the car but not getting time, since it is so hot and sunny. I am planning to do my own ceramic coating and don't want to get scratches and water mark before that. Do you think brushless car wash is OK to do once in a while? The car really needs a wash.
My OCD would make me run to a new shop and have it ripped off. I hate it when car shops don't give a crap. I had a few shops that loved cars as much as I do. I would always use them no matter what they charged. Worth it.

In Florida I used these guys. Absolutely perfect work. The EV Studio | Tesla Clear Bra, Window Tint, and Ceramic Coating I wish I was still there. If I was rich, I would ship my car there, have them do the work and ship it back.

That's probably your best bet, outside of a two-bucket hand wash. Some say the high-pressure from the spray can still cause micro-scratches when it starts rinsing away the dirt particles but if it's gotta be done it's gotta be done.

That's probably your best bet, outside of a two-bucket hand wash. Some say the high-pressure from the spray can still cause micro-scratches when it starts rinsing away the dirt particles but if it's gotta be done it's gotta be done.
Yea I think so too, better than not giving a wash at all and dust and grease settling on the paint. Kinda surprising to worry about paint quality for such an expensive car, that a brushless car wash is going to give scratches.

Reactions: Brou
You will need to contact Tesla customer service (and prepared to be on hold for a *while*) to have them change your delivery location. I switched mine to Memphis from Kansas City and kinda regret it, as I think I would probably already have my car if I left it in KC. Memphis is half the distance for me though.
Thx. Was hoping it could be done without having to call and wait. But it is what it is! For me, Atlanta, Memphis or St Louis all require me to get on a plane and travel to the car. Then it's full day road trip home. In STL at least I can say hello to my daughter and show off the new car.

Anyone take delivery in STL? Good or bad?

One film. Since the roof area (Section A) has tinted glass already, by applying a 50% film over that area will make it 17.5%, while the lower half (Section B) will be 50%.

* This calculation is assuming that the tinted stock glass on the roof is ~35% or so...

Some people tint only (Section B) the lower half, but I prefer to just use one whole piece to cover the entire area.

View attachment 825226
My tint was one whole piece to cover the entire roof. It cost me $1100 to tint the whole car.

Reactions: julit0 and unlock
Anyone know how to change delivery location to one that is not offered on the app? I live in Louisiana and it's a state that doesn't allow direct Tesla sales. We do have a Nola SC but no direct sales allowed at that location. The app gives delivery choices as Atlanta or Memphis. I'm looking to change that to St Louis Tesla since I have a daughter going to college at SIUE which is near St Louis. Thx
Contact your SA or through the chatbox in the ordering page. I asked one of the advisors through the chatbox and they changed my SC.

Reactions: duplantisjj
The first 2 photos are the fingers formed in the PPF under the bumper. The third is the hair lodged into the bumper next to that circular cut. The last 2 are the bubbles formed in the back window tint. Not a $3,000 job quality.
By the way got the first wash in a brushless wash. It was OK except on the trunk and the rocker panels, where the black dust settled was not clean. That needs a 2 bucket method with microfiber brush. Will try to do that whenever the weather cools down a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_6156.JPEG
    IMG_6156.JPEG
    397.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6157.JPEG
    IMG_6157.JPEG
    376.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6158.JPEG
    IMG_6158.JPEG
    283.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6159.JPEG
    IMG_6159.JPEG
    229.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6160.JPEG
    IMG_6160.JPEG
    239.2 KB · Views: 59
Was an awesome car honestly. Range was pretty accurate compared to the guess-o-meter from Tesla. I missed the acceleration and ease of use. The biggest drawback was even though it had wireless CarPlay the actual VW UI was trash and slow. They kept saying they were going to push OTA updates for months and never actually saw a single one
I'm having exactly the same problems with a 2022 VW GTI that has less than 350 miles on it. Already for sale, an awesome car otherwise.

I've worked for 4 German companies in my career life and they'll be the first to admit that they suck at ALL things software, IT, computers etc.... They're the best at engineering and design but user interface is NOT their cup of tea.