Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 7/1, M3P, MSM/black, no EAP, no FSD and, without disclosing too much PII, I live in a major city somewhere in the Rockies.

Generic website ordering page said July-Sep before ordering, but right after ordering EDD was set at 09/03 - 10/15. Took me a couple days to finish the pre-registration because I was being too concerned about the answering the cash vs financing section exact to the penny since I'm bringing my own financing, but once all that was completed the date didn't change. Still at 9/3 - 10/15 today. No VIN or contact from any SA yet, but that's expected at my stage.

Reactions: julit0
Hello folks, very new member here but wanted to post my order / EDD info for the group.

I placed my order for a M3P (Blue / White / no FDD) on July 5th. The website and the Tesla app showed an EDD of 'July - Sept' which I was pretty surprised by. The next day (7/6) my EDD changed to October 23 - December 04.

I completed the registration task the day I placed the order, but I did not change my loan / trade in info to cash / none until July 6th. Not sure if that contributed to the pretty big jump in EDD for me or not. At any rate, same EDD as of today (7/7).
Looks like we both ordered on same day on 7/5 but unlike you I haven't completed my registration tasks yet and my EDD is sitting at Nov 22 - Jan 17. I'm not in a super rush to get mine sooner like most here on this board. I wanted to lock in the price because I feel another increase is around the corner. Oct-Nov would be perfect for me. Mine is Blue ext/Black int.

Reactions: julit0
I will say I absolutely am pleased with the vehicle itself, however dealership experience sucked more than service at liquor store

Car was made and arrived within 4 days, order to delivery 7 days which I was very happy about. Was told I had to pickup with a certain timeframe, they forced and pushed me up for pickup. Sour taste in my mouth at that point because all the financial were already sorted out

They did not know where my car was, car was not ready for about 3 hours after my appointment time, only had about 30% SOC. Filthy as hell, paint quality is trash even compared to a Kia K5 I purchased for my sister

My unibody sideskirt has a dent and major overspray but I documented and took the delivery at that point because I waited hours already. I saw 15+ employees loafing around while others were working their butts off to try to get get cars in to main lot from off lots and constantly on radio because they kept bring the wrong cars

It was like watching bunch of 12 year olds trying to do a group project. I hope I won’t have any major issues because this was a total *sugar* show and no one knows what the hell they are doing and that speaks volume of how they are operating at this point

I will say I absolutely am pleased with the vehicle itself, however dealership experience sucked more than service at liquor store

Car was made and arrived within 4 days, order to delivery 7 days which I was very happy about. Was told I had to pickup with a certain timeframe, they forced and pushed me up for pickup. Sour taste in my mouth at that point because all the financial were already sorted out

They did not know where my car was, car was not ready for about 3 hours after my appointment time, only had about 30% SOC. Filthy as hell, paint quality is trash even compared to a Kia K5 I purchased for my sister

My unibody sideskirt has a dent and major overspray but I documented and took the delivery at that point because I waited hours already. I saw 15+ employees loafing around while others were working their butts off to try to get get cars in to main lot from off lots and constantly on radio because they kept bring the wrong cars

It was like watching bunch of 12 year olds trying to do a group project. I hope I won’t have any major issues because this was a total *sugar* show and no one knows what the hell they are doing and that speaks volume of how they are operating at this point
This was 💯 my model Y experience. All the tech and they literally don’t know where a car is. Not where is it on the lot. Where it is in the state. Like my car got delivered to the wrong SC. They didn’t know it until I showed up.

Every day we are closer to other car companies making cars as exciting as a tesla and I can put this stuff in my rear view mirror. Literally.

Great battery. Good tech. Horrible build, delivery and service.

This was 💯 my model Y experience. All the tech and they literally don’t know where a car is. Not where is it on the lot. Where it is in the state. Like my car got delivered to the wrong SC. They didn’t know it until I showed up.

Every day we are closer to other car companies making cars as exciting as a tesla and I can put this stuff in my rear view mirror. Literally.

This is what still has me looking at other options while I wait for our cars (wife has a MY on order too). Other options aren’t terribly exciting, tech is bleh, better build and service, car company that knows what they are doing. But man those dealers think they are sitting on a gold mine with limited inventory.

This is what still has me looking at other options while I wait for our cars (wife has a MY on order too). Other options aren’t terribly exciting, tech is bleh, better build and service, car company that knows what they are doing. But man those dealers think they are sitting on a gold mine with limited inventory.
I wish I could tolerate the clunky tech in the other competitors. Probably won’t find another EV with as much innovation, performance, and tech until Apple releases theirs a few years from now.

Maybe polestar or Rivian could get there, but I’m not holding my breath. Tesla has enough of a lead on them in brand awareness and have a large cult-like following that I don’t see them ever being anywhere close.

Only Apple has the resources, brand recognition, innovation and tech that could lure people away from choosing Tesla.

Well said, very well said.

Hi guys just popping in from LR3 land. The Fremont factory is currently closed for maintenance. This is common in the start of a new quarter. Looks like the gigapress is still running so they are likely preparing to restart production soon. The link below shows drone footage of the factory taken yesterday. It's a very different story from footage taken 2 weeks ago during the push. Goodluck everybody enjoy your new cars soon :)

Hi guys just popping in from LR3 land. The Fremont factory is currently closed for maintenance. This is common in the start of a new quarter. Looks like the gigapress is still running so they are likely preparing to restart production soon. The link below shows drone footage of the factory taken yesterday. It's a very different story from footage taken 2 weeks ago during the push. Goodluck everybody enjoy your new cars soon :)

I hope Fremont REALLY cleans house!!! Some of you here know exactly what I mean by that.

Welcome and thanks for posting…Your getting close on EDD. maybe a 2-week window in your near future. Cheers!

I wish I could tolerate the clunky tech in the other competitors. Probably won’t find another EV with as much innovation, performance, and tech until Apple releases theirs a few years from now.

Maybe polestar or Rivian could get there, but I’m not holding my breath. Tesla has enough of a lead on them in brand awareness and have a large cult-like following that I don’t see them ever being anywhere close.

Only Apple has the resources, brand recognition, innovation and tech that could lure people away from choosing Tesla.

I was originally going to buy the Genesis GV60 Performance, which is far better built, superior material quality, superior tolerance levels, superior fit & finish, excellent warranty, loaded with tech and with very good performance.

There are youtubers already clocking in 3.8 secs (I foresee it getting faster in the mid 3's with the right driver), including major auto magazine companies, which puts it right inline with the MYP. The boost button can be used over and over again, back to back, unlike the Ford mach-e etc... also the HMG (Hyundai Motor Group, includes Genesis and KIA) EVs are pretty linear with providing power throughout a wide range of SOC, unlike Tesla that starts dropping off after ~80% SOC.

The GV60 is pretty innovative with things like facial recognition to lock and unlock your doors (data stored internally), finger print reader, smart park to roll your car forward or backwards with the remote, V2L (Vehicle to Load) adapter to power pretty much anything (offering 16A / 1900 watts) of power etc... You can use the V2L to charge another EV and there's a full 16A/1900W outlet inside of the car as well.

Also, the Drivers Assist / Safety Suite / LKA on the Genesis is next level. You'd be shocked.

HMG EVs are also built on the bi=directional E-GMP 800v architecture platform and yes it really can charge 10-80% in just 18 minutes. It's not a gimmick. There are a ton of videos showing this.

You can also charge HMG EVs on Tesla chargers so that's a huge plus for HMG products. - The only other EVs that has a monster 800v architecture are Porsche and Lucid.

If it wasn't for the stupid stealerships with the lowest scums of the earth sales jerks and the ridiculous $7500-$15000 mark ups, I would have gone with the Genesis GV60 Performance in a heart beat.

My second choice was either the IONIQ5 N or EV6 GT (both >3.5 sec cars), but those won't be available til the end of this year and I didn't feel like waiting. This is why I went with the M3P, which I think is a fantastic EV in respect to its performance and looks. In my opinion I think the Model 3 in general is the best looking rig in the line up and it will and has aged well.

@MeddlingKid , I know we're in a very cultish forum here lol, but there are plenty here who are not blind to other offerings and can see things for what they are... so I totally get where you're coming from. If you can land the Genesis GV60 Advanced for MSRP $58,890K or the Performance for $67,890, it'd be a great option among the current offerings. I hope everything works out for you either way.

Last edited:

a SA told me no cars would be built the week after the 4th. Must have been correct.