Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 825336

Just putting this here for the datapoint. OD was 7/5/22. Immediately got the Aug - Sep EDD, then this morning it changed to Nov 22 - Jan 17. Unlike most folks here I'm actually hoping for later EDD (Nov/Dec works best for me).

Anyone know how to change delivery location to one that is not offered on the app? I live in Louisiana and it's a state that doesn't allow direct Tesla sales. We do have a Nola SC but no direct sales allowed at that location. The app gives delivery choices as Atlanta or Memphis. I'm looking to change that to St Louis Tesla since I have a daughter going to college at SIUE which is near St Louis. Thx
May want to edit your screenshot to remove the RN number

Reactions: duplantisjj
The first 2 photos are the fingers formed in the PPF under the bumper. The third is the hair lodged into the bumper next to that circular cut. The last 2 are the bubbles formed in the back window tint. Not a $3,000 job quality.
By the way got the first wash in a brushless wash. It was OK except on the trunk and the rocker panels, where the black dust settled was not clean. That needs a 2 bucket method with microfiber brush. Will try to do that whenever the weather cools down a bit.
Ridiculous! I've had $250 tint jobs that were better than them.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
A little retail therapy from Hansshow to help with my tinting woes.

PXL_20220706_204514035~2.jpg

PXL_20220706_205513904.jpg

When they assigned you a VIN, how long was it till delivery?
I was told you could be assigned a vin and have delivery the same day after releasing a hold. Unlikely that happens but it could happen. The delivery center will give you a 3 day range once the car is ready. I wouldn't release your order hold until you are ready to pick up a car that day. After you release 2 vins you're at risk of order cancellation.

I am going to leave a bad review for sure. When I looked at the reviews in google they had all glorious five stars, too good to be true, that should have given me enough reason not go there. But I was in a hurry to get the PPF done and protect my car before using it a lot and get scratches and rock chips. Even, I wanted them to fix it (he actually did remove one hair which was at an edge, which was easy for him to lift it remove and stick the PPF back, the other was in the center and could not risk). I dont trust them anymore and dont want them to touch my car.
I was continuously watching sentry mode camera and I hardly saw them working on my car, that means they did not spend much time on my car, though they kept it for more than a day and charged me 3K with taxes.
They did not clean my windows, it had all the finger prints and dried out spray solution.
I also observed the owner is never there and just leaves it to the employees to manage, So there is no monitoring or QC. Most of the shops will be same I think, you wont know until you go through this. I feel the less we give our cars to these shops the better.
That is some inferior PPF and tint work. Never seen that kind of workmanship from a professional shop, in all the car I have got the windows tinted. In the PPF, I did that on my current SUV - saved a bundle of money and came out like a professional shop - for a novice.

I don't like the way PPF looks over the paint, and ALL PPF will get old looking and turn non clear based on your conditions - don't believe all the hype they tell you. With the price of partial PPF these days, I prefer a hard ceramic coating and if it looks bad in a few years from rock chip, just get the bumper resprayed.

Also, I am going to try a wrap next time, so much easier to install than PPF, provides good proaction and you can changer the color and rip it off in a few months or years if you don't want it anymore. A high end roll cost about $700. Go look at i1tesla on You tube, he trained himself to do wraps - looks amazing.

Reactions: tdas2004