Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Flatbroke did you check the app? I’m hoping you just got a vin too since we have the same config, EDD and within the same area.
No I have been buying furniture for the wife. She decided to overhaul the house too. Hauling in the 3/4 Big Block I had pissed on last quarter as part of the ritual. Good thing I didn’t go In the Bed 😂. She keeps it up I’m telling her dad the deal is off. 😂

Navigate on Autopilot and Auto Lane Change. It probably isn't that necessary; however, for half the price of FSD and nearly all of the best features of it, I feel like it's the right decision for me.
Yea, no idea how Tesla is going to convince people to pay $6k extra for traffic light/stop sign control. They might as well discontinue FSD and add that single feature to EAP.

Yea, no idea how Tesla is going to convince people to pay $6k extra for traffic light/stop sign control. They might as well discontinue FSD and add that single feature to EAP.
I agree, especially when you can just subscribe to FSD for $200/mo and unsubscribe at any point… Purchasing the $12k package would mean you’d have to use the FSD features for 60 months (5 years) each month to make it worth it, and it doesn’t transfer to a different vehicle if you trade within 5 years.

I went through this when I tried to order the new C8 back in Dec 2020. Got an allocation but it never moved from there. I eventually gave up. At least with Tesla you get a EDD so there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.
I agree. I think though that still one of the shortcomings of the Tesla order process it he lack of transparency. People go weeks to months at a time without receiving any communication from Tesla, and then right at the end they basically force you to drop everything you are doing and come pick up the car on short notice. I understand that this is the way it is, and they have enough demand it allows them to do this, I just wish there was more updates or communication throughout the production process. Nevertheless, here I am waiting, excited for the day I receive the text!

Reactions: Heymon123
I agree. I think though that still one of the shortcomings of the Tesla order process it he lack of transparency. People go weeks to months at a time without receiving any communication from Tesla, and then right at the end they basically force you to drop everything you are doing and come pick up the car on short notice. I understand that this is the way it is, and they have enough demand it allows them to do this, I just wish there was more updates or communication throughout the production process. Nevertheless, here I am waiting, excited for the day I receive the text!
I have been contacted three times now offering me every color available except the one I ordered. Guess a few people bailed on their purchase.

I went through this when I tried to order the new C8 back in Dec 2020. Got an allocation but it never moved from there. I eventually gave up. At least with Tesla you get a EDD so there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.
good news is it will change. Bad news is don’t believe it until you get a vin #. I ordered in April. Switched to P May 5th. This is my 3rd two week window. I bit the bait on the first 2 week window and trade in text like a big ole catfish and got financing secured. Well I’m about out of the 60 days it’s secured for. Sucks but it is what it is. As soon as I get the car I will be happier then a fluffy Kid with Cake.

good news is it will change. Bad news is don’t believe it until you get a vin #. I ordered in April. Switched to P May 5th. This is my 3rd two week window. I bit the bait on the first 2 week window like a big ole catfish and got financing secured. Well I’m about out of the 60 days it’s secured for. Sucks but it is what it is. As soon as I get the car I will be happier then a fluffy Kid with Cake.
I'm really excited for you to get your car! I saw a drone flyover on youtube of the Fremont factory a few days ago and it really is a ghost town right now. Heard all but Texas are halted at the moment. No official word but everyone assumes maintenance upgrades post the EOQ push as seen in previous quarters. Video here if anyone is interested:

Reactions: Flatbroke
good news is it will change. Bad news is don’t believe it until you get a vin #. I ordered in April. Switched to P May 5th. This is my 3rd two week window. I bit the bait on the first 2 week window and trade in text like a big ole catfish and got financing secured. Well I’m about out of the 60 days it’s secured for. Sucks but it is what it is. As soon as I get the car I will be happier then a fluffy Kid with Cake.
There are used ones available locally with very low KM ( mileage for my US friends ) but they are asking more than the cost of a new one. There used to be two taxes on used vehicle purchases where I live. The Gov't removed one of them if you purchase an electric vehicle. This in turn made the dealerships figure they can now charge more because you are paying less on taxes. YA! that makes sense