Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This forum is weird, I’ve never been on a car enthusiast forum that spends so much time talking about how their cars will soon suck, especially in a thread waiting for the car they haven’t even received yet. Wtf.

I’d die a little each day I had to get up and drive to work in a Hyundai. I recently had an Audi and I have a Porsche in the garage. 9 days out of 10 I drive the Tesla. Enough said.

This forum is weird, I’ve never been on a car enthusiast forum that spends so much time talking about how their cars will soon suck, especially in a thread waiting for the car they haven’t even received yet. Wtf.

I’d die a little each day I had to get up and drive to work in a Hyundai. I recently had an Audi and I have a Porsche in the garage. 9 days out of 10 I drive the Tesla. Enough said.
Well I think your comment about driving a Hyundai is exactly why you're confused. (Heavy bias and that's okay.)

To be realistic you can't fault some folks here for feeling burned from tesla. Given the circumstances, it's more than reasonable.

Welcome to 2022. Have you driven a Genesis? Keep all bias aside and if you're honest with yourself, it'd be a no brainer on which product is superior. Ex. GV60 vs MYP. Enough said.

The points being made here about tesla and the upcoming competition is reality. Whether you choose to ignore that or not is your choice.

But I get it, it's a tesla forum...at the same time being able to see things objectively doesn't mean that one can't like tesla too. It also doesn't mean that everyone here is experiencing tesla for the first time.

I'm very excited for my M3P and I know that I'd want an excuse to drive it whenever I can too. There is a lot to love about it. Driving dynamics etc...

I can't speak for everyonr here, but just because we're here doesnt mean that it's the first time at the tesla rodeo.

Last edited:

I can totally agree, I think it’s just a thought with so many companies finally getting on board in the mass EV production piece. I am huge fan of Audi and Porsche and honestly the Taycan is one of my favorite cars right now. I think Teslas seem kinda like that computer you just bought that all of a sudden becomes outdated with a simple refresh or new addition that Tesla adds or the next big thing another legacy manufacturer comes out with. I plan on driving the wheels off this car due to its simplicity and ride quality until the rest of the world finally catches up and gives me a chance to taste something new.

Absolutely. It's a massive upgrade for me. Mirror issue aside (very easy to fix that anyway), I love everything else about the car. I guess if you already have a lot of exposure to expensive cars you end up noticing different things. But clearly those things weren't big enough to be dealbreakers for anyone here. Still, the competition will be a good source of pressure in the coming years.

Reactions: Brou and unlock
I definitely do not have the warm fuzzy feeling and the occasional reoccurring semi has gone the way of the Buffalo. I fear the M3P and I were not meant to be.

This coming week will be huge. Hang in there buddy. I'd honestly delay my EDD some if I could to push yours ahead and I mean that 100%. Many here would too. Your journey has been crazy. Just mind blowing and Tesla owes you big time. 🥁 ⏳

This coming week will be huge. Hang in there buddy. I'd honestly delay my EDD some if I could to push yours ahead and I mean that 100%. Many here would too. Your journey has been crazy. Just mind blowing and Tesla owes you big time. 🥁 ⏳
Same. My EDD shouldn't be anywhere near yours, @Flatbroke, but it does make me wonder if they've lumped our cars into a batch that will come out around the same time. Maybe the fact that there are a few of us here on this thread (so probably quite a few more who aren't) waiting for the M3P in this area will help to give their algorithm a push?

You are too kind. I appreciate it. Unfortunate reality is I’m not sure the company gives a Good turd about anything but the greenbacks and for now they are flowing.

Same. My EDD shouldn't be anywhere near yours, @Flatbroke, but it does make me wonder if they've lumped our cars into a batch that will come out around the same time. Maybe the fact that there are a few of us here on this thread (so probably quite a few more who aren't) waiting for the M3P in this area will help to give their algorithm a push?
Idk. I was thinking maybe my issue was the plug that is out of stock. Who knows. I’d of gladly taken the car without it to save 2 percent bank rate

Reactions: unlock
Idk. I was thinking maybe my issue was the plug that is out of stock. Who knows. I’d of gladly taken the car without it to save 2 percent bank rate
What plug is this? The mobile connector? Wall connector? I ordered the mobile connector* but that had its own estimated delivery range, so I got the impression they would send that separately.

*I'm wondering if I'll end up with a spare, based on the comments from people who had one included with the car & didn't order it... Has anyone ended up with 2 because of this?

Reactions: unlock
What plug is this? The mobile connector? Wall connector? I ordered the mobile connector* but that had its own estimated delivery range, so I got the impression they would send that separately.

*I'm wondering if I'll end up with a spare, based on the comments from people who had one included with the car & didn't order it... Has anyone ended up with 2 because of this?

I'm really curious too, although I did end up ordering the mobile connector with the 5-15 adapter and just ordered the 14-50 adapter that was in stock.

If the car comes with a kit already, that'll be a nice bonus, to be able to keep one in the car at all times. Got rid of the kit from the Y; should have kept it.

I wonder if you had a proper Audi EV in your garage with your tesla, I wonder which one would drive. The issue is that no one makes an EV car as performant as a M3P right now. So we have to put up with all the draw backs of buying, delivering and owning a Tesla.

Im on my 3rd tesla. I think the cars are fun. But when there is an issue, good luck. My delivery center is 6 hours away. My nearest service center is 3 hours away. My nearest Ford is 3 minutes away. Even when I lived in Florida and my delivery center was 45 minutes away and I would go in for service, most times it was a circular conversation about why does the car do this thing wrong. But don’t worry the CEO of tesla is going to make service like an F1 stop. Shut up Elon.

So why was the question, because Tesla m3p is the best thing available right now. But I would like a car from a car company, who loves cars. A plaid is amazing. But even though a 911 GT3 is slower, It’s world apart a better car. So I wait.

I wonder if you had a proper Audi EV in your garage with your tesla, I wonder which one would drive. The issue is that no one makes an EV car as performant as a M3P right now. So we have to put up with all the draw backs of buying, delivering and owning a Tesla.

Im on my 3rd tesla. I think the cars are fun. But when there is an issue, good luck. My delivery center is 6 hours away. My nearest service center is 3 hours away. My nearest Ford is 3 minutes away. Even when I lived in Florida and my delivery center was 45 minutes away and I would go in for service, most times it was a circular conversation about why does the car do this thing wrong. But don’t worry the CEO of tesla is going to make service like an F1 stop. Shut up Elon.

So why was the question, because Tesla m3p is the best thing available right now. But I would like a car from a car company, who loves cars. A plaid is amazing. But even though a 911 GT3 is slower, It’s world apart a better car. So I wait.
Couldn’t have said it better especially since I don’t want to spend six figures on a car with less range and not as good performance. Something about an Audi or Mercedes EV that screams quality and refinement. If you could give me a bigger wallet I can’t say I wouldn’t bite.

This sounds like something else to keep track of as well. It will be interesting to see if folks are getting two mobile connectors and paying for one. And it will be interesting to see if anyone has taken delivery yet that has paid for their mobile connector. It would be kind of stupid if they held up a car up for a mobile connector but anything is possible with their crazy order system. I ordered the wall connector and already have it installed in my garage!

Reactions: LorentzTorque
This sounds like something else to keep track of as well. It will be interesting to see if folks are getting two mobile connectors and paying for one. And it will be interesting to see if anyone has taken delivery yet that has paid for their mobile connector. It would be kind of stupid if they held up a car up for a mobile connector but anything is possible with their crazy order system. I ordered the wall connector and already have it installed in my garage!
The mobile connector you order with your car is not being delivered with the car. They aren’t shipping until August, at least, so they’re shipping after the fact. They’re essentially just letting you pre-order a mobile charger when you buy the car, if you need one.