Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blind spot protection? Lol

I drive with the car in autopilot 95% of the time. Plenty of time to look for cars. The Tesla doesn’t have it because you don’t actually need it if you use the full capability.
The limited visibility of the mirrors is more of an issue than the lack of a light in the mirror in my opinion. It's not that hard to make a mirror system that points out a little further. Considering that everyone else has been able to pull that off for ages... But I always look over my shoulder anyway, and the assistance from the cameras and autopilot more than makes up for the mirror issue. It's just really strange to me that they even have a shortcoming there at all. It's such a basic thing.

I got this “just delivered” text today too. Is anyone else thinking about getting their auto loan checks processed now just to keep the rate or actually waiting to see the car in Person?
I had my loan check processed and sent out via FedEx today. Can't take delivery without them getting full payment. I don't anticipate rejecting the car and am hopeful the sooner payment is received in full I can get the car before 8/8.

Reactions: julit0
100%. I've said something almost identical in a couple of posts before, particularly pointing out HMG (Hyundai Motor Group = Genesis, KIA, & Hyundai)* and Mercedes. They are very advanced in their autonomous driving tech and will be the biggest threat to Tesla. - The Safety Suite 2.0 on HMG cars is remarkable and in some ways actually better than Tesla's system.

Between Genesis and Tesla, there is no comparison when it comes to quality, fit & finish, tolerance levels, warranty, features that should exist in a $70K car etc... the Genesis is a much better EV at the end of the day when you weigh all things on the scale.

HMG also tend to under estimate their range, which is better than over promising like Tesla does. In the real world HMG EVs are very competitive and wipes the floor in its class over VWs for example, which is another story in itself. The ID4, ID5 etc... terrible. - For another time lol...

You make a very good point about how folks are throwing money at Elon for nothing really (that actually works or is available) in return, but broken promises. Can't fault Tesla lol they sure do know how to work it so *golf clap* kudos to them.

You've also hit the nail on the head about the clock ticking for Tesla. I think a lot of folks forget that Tesla has had a HUGE head start ahead of anything so when you're the only one on the field with no competition (prior to the new EVs coming out now like with the GV60, IONIQ5/6 and KIA EV6) you can get away with a lot. - Like creating a cult and getting people to accept less as being an upgrade; in their mind.

There are a lot of parallels with Tesla and Apple. - Apple went from making premium stuff to falling off the deep end with making disposable stuff and riding on their prior success WAVE. I think the head start with Tesla is what has kept them afloat, but that wave is residing.

The entire EV landscape will be very different between now and 2025. It has already begun and the truth is Tesla has to do something NOW before it's too late.

* btw I spelled out the acronym for the folks that may have not known what HMG stands for, not for you as I'm sure you knew already. :p

With all that said... I can't wait to get my M3P.

It's a kit car with amazing driving dynamics and motors. Beta is actually proper as these cars are very unfinished.

I have high hopes that Tesla will improve on the areas they lack in, but in a few years if they're still offering cars with a lack of features that it absolutely should have at the price point, my M3P will be my first and last Tesla without a doubt.

There are strong points to the M3P that I love and those things are enough to allow Tesla to be a stop gap for me until we are presented with some incredible offerings by the legacy auto makers, particularly HMG with their N Line of EVs.

I just saw a video today of the Genesis GV60 Performance clocking in 3.7-3.8 seconds 0-60, which is on par with the MYP. That's crazy considering that it's wrapped in those heavy 21" wheels too. Imagine if it had smaller and lighter wheels. 😀

For the price, even at MSRP the GV60 Performance is one heck of a bargain. It's so much more EV for the money that provides you with actual luxury compared to the MYP.

The only thing that it may lack compared to the MYP is the range; however, again the GV60P are riding on 21" wheels, which I'm positive is making a huge dent in the range. - But even stock with those 21" wheels, in the real world the range isn't too shabby and likely not too different than the MYP. (Real world.)

Then you have the 800v architecture on the HMG EVs that allows you to charge:

• 0%-70% in 18 mins
  • 10%-80% in 18 mins
  • 0%-80% in 25 mins

It's very real and very impressive. There are videos showing this. (Genesis offers 3 years of free charging, complimentary.)

You're absolutely right about the Tesla Effect and what it represents and portrays. It's well deserved and as always...credit to where it's due. Tesla has done an incredible thing with paving the way for EVs and alike...

Your 430i comment cracked me up! Ha!

I decided before I even ordered my car that I wouldn't buy another Tesla. For me the M3P is a temporary placeholder until other automakers can catch up a bit. I'm an Audi fanboy so I can't wait to see what the A6 e-tron will offer in a couple of years. By then, the Ioniq 6-N, EV6-GT, possibly an S5 e-tron, and others will be coming on line.

The current Tesla line up can't compete with the EVs that are "coming soon." They can't compete with pricing, especially with the tax credit, it can't compete with service, definitely not with build quality, or even range, since Tesla generally over promises and under delivers on those range estimates.

Until then though, it's fun to silently go fast and spend $6 to filler-er-up so I'll just enjoy what I have until those upcoming performance EVs are selling for at or under MSRP.

Last edited:
Blind spot protection? Lol

I drive with the car in autopilot 95% of the time. Plenty of time to look for cars. The Tesla doesn’t have it because you don’t actually need it if you use the full capability.
The Tesla doesn't have it because it would cost more and we're driving the "cheap" Tesla. Autopilot is cool on the highway but it won't do much for you when you're driving down a 4 lane city street and change lanes. Granted, it's OUR job to ensure our blindspots are clear but let's not pretend like Tesla's tech negates the usefulness of some of the missing features. I buy at least one car every 18 months and this is the first one I've had without blindspot monitoring since 2013. The first was a near-base model 2013 Nissan Altima - I think my $65k Tesla should at least have comparable driver safety tech to that 10-year old $22k Altima.

If Tesla starts believing these excuses they will inadvertently make themselves the new Saturn/Pontiac of U.S. automakers.

Last edited:
I decided before I even ordered my car that I wouldn't buy another Tesla. For me the M3P is a temporary placeholder until other automakers can catch up a bit. I'm an Audi fanboy so I can't wait to see what the A6 e-tron will offer in a couple of years. By then, the Ioniq 6-N, EV6-GT, possibly an S5 e-tron, and others will be coming on line.

The current Tesla line up can't compete with the EVs that are "coming soon." They can't compete with pricing, especially with the tax credit, it can't compete with service, definitely not with build quality, or even range, since Tesla generally over promises and under delivers on those range estimates.

Until then though, it's fun to silently go fast and spend $6 to filler-er-up so I'll just enjoy what I have until those upcoming performance EVs are selling for at or under MSRP.
With you 100% on this, I said the same with my last Tesla. The next few years are going to be sad (as awesome gas engines go away, the end of an era), but also extremely exciting.

I’m with you. This is my last Tesla other than a plaid if they get cheap when used a few years from now.

Other manufacturers are going to make amazing cars I can count on.

As I settle in to my 5th two week window, absent a VIN, I wanted to congratulate those that have recently received their vehicles and or VIN as well as those awaiting delivery. Have a great weekend. It’s Day 106 but all is well.
You're a patient man. I'd have had another Supra by now, if I were you!

In case that sounded a bit tempting - I've had two of the new Supras, both 6-cyl, and they've both gotten WELL over 30mpg on the highway. I bought my first one ~170 miles away, and got 38mpg on the trip back, which included racing a sport bike. They're fantastic cars, honestly, but the sound system is not good at all. Handling is great, more than quick enough, etc.

Reactions: Flatbroke