Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am located between two possible delivery locations (Orlando and Tampa). I'd prefer for it to get delivered to Tampa as it is slightly closer and I plan on getting it wrapped in PPF and tinted the same day as delivery. And I have already scheduled the appointment for that work to be in a shop in Tampa.

Will I get a choice where it gets delivered? Tampa seems to be a bigger delivery location than Orlando. So maybe they use Tampa more often?

NO MOBILE CHARGER WAS INCLUDED, only the J1772 adapter and front license plate bracket were in the trunk. My car's birthday was this past Monday (the 22nd), so that article saying that all cars built after the 14th wouldn't have a mobile charger seems to have been correct. Oh well I guess, at least I already had L2 charging set up at home. And the M3Ps are still coming with the P Zero tires. They're fine, but be prepared to replace them after like 10k miles.
Congrats! That does suck to hear that the mobile charger really isn't being included now. Hopefully they clear up the backlog of ordered mobile connectors. It looks to be in stock, yet but my order I placed on 6/29 still hasn't shipped...

Reactions: unlock
Have there been any reports of M3P’s being delivered without Matrix headlights? Was that just a non-performance model issue?
Not a single report of any Model 3 Performance trims not getting the matrix headlights since April or May, they all have them. It was the SR and LR trims that were a 50/50 chance of not having them. If you ordered a Performance then you'll get the matrix lights. Although AKAIK, regulators in the US haven't yet given the green light to manufacturers to turn on their full functionality like in Europe, so they won't be allowed to work like this just yet (notice the beamforming and how it doesn't shoot directly at other cars):

Congrats! That does suck to hear that the mobile charger really isn't being included now. Hopefully they clear up the backlog of ordered mobile connectors. It looks to be in stock, yet but my order I placed on 6/29 still hasn't shipped...
My mobile charger that I ordered just shipped and should have it Tuesday the 30th. My OOD was 7/4

Anyone still following my saga. I ended up just opting to finance through Tesla today to insure that I could take delivery within the 3 day window requirement.
Unfortunately I've been sick with strep throat since Thursday and still not feeling great. But will make the trip to the SC to pick up my car tomorrow at noon.

Looking over all these multi-page checklists, not sure how much I'm going to feel up to checking or even how much time I will be allowed to inspect.

Can someone tell me how much time you have to report issues you find with the car after taking it home? I trust that any cosmetic or functional issues that are not discovered until after you take the car home will still be addressed/fixed either by mobile service or bringing the car back to the SC?

Reactions: unlock and dnstommy
Anyone still following my saga. I ended up just opting to finance through Tesla today to insure that I could take delivery within the 3 day window requirement.
Unfortunately I've been sick with strep throat since Thursday and still not feeling great. But will make the trip to the SC to pick up my car tomorrow at noon.

Looking over all these multi-page checklists, not sure how much I'm going to feel up to checking or even how much time I will be allowed to inspect.

Can someone tell me how much time you have to report issues you find with the car after taking it home? I trust that any cosmetic or functional issues that are not discovered until after you take the car home will still be addressed/fixed either by mobile service or bringing the car back to the SC?
You have 100 miles to report anything that you feel should be fixed and you can just do it via the app. They'll review and let you know if it's worthy of being fixed by them or not. When I picked up there weren't even any service staff to report anything to anyway, so I just reported one thing via the app. It's fine, just take it home and review at your leisure in your driveway.

Welp, I am on my 7th 2-week window as of today. I called to see if anything was wrong with my account just in case, and I got lucky on the phone, where the Tesla rep was nice and helpful. She was able to see that my car should be delivered around Sept 10, I am not sure if that is true or not, but I am hoping it is true. I feel like Flatbroke 2.0 lol. I am glad others are getting their VINs; the EOQ rush shall begin in a couple of weeks!

Today I took delivery of my M3P. The car looks amazing, and I’m very pleased. I went through a checklist that I found online, and everything looks good. Hopefully, I’ll have no surprises.

I picked up my car at the Dallas service center. The experience was odd and unlike any other car purchase I’ve made. It was very hands off. Here’s your car, accept it through the app, and the purchase is concluded. I think I know why, though. Texas dealer laws are extensive, and Tesla is operating outside the norm. It has to be this way until the laws change. This is the most expensive car that I’ve ever bought. It’s a bit different to purchase such a car as if it’s a commodity, but I can deal with it. Tesla has changed the auto industry, and I know that I’m going to love the car.

Tesla’s Texas problem: The ‘perfect battle’ between Elon Musk and Lone Star State’s auto dealers and the lawmakers who protect them

Some pictures
88FC4DCB-2236-446B-8640-E7511FC29ADB.jpeg
BA1946BE-4E5C-4433-B9E0-40EFA3DD45A1.jpeg

Today I took delivery of my M3P. The car looks amazing, and I’m very pleased. I went through a checklist that I found online, and everything looks good. Hopefully, I’ll have no surprises.

I picked up my car at the Dallas service center. The experience was odd and unlike any other car purchase I’ve made. It was very hands off. Here’s your car, accept it through the app, and the purchase is concluded. I think I know why, though. Texas dealer laws are extensive, and Tesla is operating outside the norm. It has to be this way until the laws change. This is the most expensive car that I’ve ever bought. It’s a bit different to purchase such a car as if it’s a commodity, but I can deal with it. Tesla has changed the auto industry, and I know that I’m going to love the car.

Tesla’s Texas problem: The ‘perfect battle’ between Elon Musk and Lone Star State’s auto dealers and the lawmakers who protect them
I can’t remember the reasoning, but something about building the giga factory in Texas, relieves some of the issues with Texas. But yeah it’s weird dealership laws.

I’m in vermont and they had the same laws. Just got repealed last year. Hopefully they build a SC here soon.

Are they giving everyone mobile charger vouchers now? So you can buy one for free, but not with the car.
I did not receive a voucher and mine did not include the mobile charger when I took delivery a few days ago. When I asked about it while signing the paperwork, the SA said "The website states that no charger will be included" and left it at that. She wasn't rude about it, but I had to internally admit to myself that she was correct as the website did state that there would be no included charger when I ordered and that everyone else who took delivery from May through most of August and got one was getting an unpromised freebie when they got theirs.

Reactions: gtcrispy
I just realized, if my Tesla doesn't come with the mobile charger, then I have no way to charge my car do I? Is there no 120V adapter I can use?
No. I’ve heard service centers may sell you one. The mobile charger is in stock at Tesla.com or you would need a 3rd party charger from somewhere else.

Reactions: unlock

Arrive at the center an hour earlyLook for your vin and scope it out. They won’t let you inside the car until you pay. They have the cars line up being detailed. You will find yours. Just walk around d like you belong there. As to the amount of time to report issues. I was told 24 hrs or 100 miles which ever comes first. And you report in your app. I reported alignment issue at around 800 miles and it was covered. The steering wheel was slightly titled to right. Didn’t really thing about it much but decided to get checked. They said good thing because it was needing alignment adjustment ** also ask 1 of the 2 people inside after you pay to help you pair your phone and set your driver profile and easy access setting. Makes life so much easier. They said they were short staffed. I told them I literally have no idea how to adjust the mirrors. One of them was really helpful.
8F4EF14D-761B-49D3-A63C-A7830AE93AE2.jpeg

Last edited:
No. I’ve heard service centers may sell you one. The mobile charger is in stock at Tesla.com or you would need a 3rd party charger from somewhere else.

I ended up ordering the mobile adapter with the 5-15 only when it was available and ordered the 14-50 adapter separately. It's an extra $45 bucks doi. ng it this way, but at the time everything was OOS. Now we just need our dang cars! LOL.

I think we'll get some movement this coming week.

Hey everyone. No new updates from my order unfortunately; however, since late yesterday, every time I go into the app there is no EDD and it’s just a Go To Account button, not the view button. Refreshing/restarting app does not change this. Going to account I see the EDD posted there, and there are no tasks for me to complete.
Does anyone know if this means something or is it just a glitch?

I ended up ordering the mobile adapter with the 5-15 only when it was available and ordered the 14-50 adapter separately. It's an extra $45 bucks doi. ng it this way, but at the time everything was OOS. Now we just need our dang cars! LOL.

I think we'll get some movement this coming week.
I ordered the 14-50 adapter a few weeks ago as it seemed likely that we would get the mobile charger with the 5-15 for free.

Costco is having their Michelin rebate start tomorrow. I'm considering buying some Pilot Sport All Season 4's in 245/35/20. I figured I could sell the stock tires but there doesn't seem to be much market locally on craigslist or facebook.

I am located between two possible delivery locations (Orlando and Tampa). I'd prefer for it to get delivered to Tampa as it is slightly closer and I plan on getting it wrapped in PPF and tinted the same day as delivery. And I have already scheduled the appointment for that work to be in a shop in Tampa.

Will I get a choice where it gets delivered? Tampa seems to be a bigger delivery location than Orlando. So maybe they use Tampa more often?
Eatonville is a mess. Overloaded for such a small location.

I’d personally get it delivered in Tampa if I didn’t live 6 miles away from Eatonville (just checked that in Google maps) myself.