Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't really follow model years for any kind of car configuration. You have no idea what you will get. They change things constantly. If you want the newest thing there will always be a new thing with Tesla (and even more rumors that don't happen). If you wait for one thing, they might even remove something else (see radar, lumbar, USB ports, etc).

Reactions: Drew0020 and tm1v2
EDD changed again this morning. 9/5 - 9/17 --> 10/3 - 11/7. I have no expectation that any of these dates mean anything, though. For all I know, I could get my VIN in a few days...

Great to see so many people getting their VINs this morning!
Yup mine changed this past weekend to a 4 week window. I did see on reddit other users have 2 week windows go to 4 week windows so I am think the EDD is just changing randomly like it does at times. Hope fully we get VINs soon for the end of quarter push that is about to happen

Does anyone know how to see the exact date of the car build? I already took delivery, but from the door sticker, you should be able to figure the build date.
Top left of driver's side door sticker will tell you month and year only, but not day. VIN only tells you year and factory location where car was built. But lots of Tesla employees have access to that info so you could text your SA, use online chat, or call/drive down to your service center and ask them and they should be able to provide that.

The other option is to use the 'scan my tesla' app which provides birthday down to the exact birth minute as well tons of other CAN bus codes to tell you pretty much anything about the car in real time, but that requires like $100 in hardware since you need an ODB scanner (one with wifi if you're on Android since the required beta version of their Android app uses wifi instead of bluetooth) and a wiring splitter to tap into the bus.

Reactions: arsot33
Placed my M3P order last night. Everything I saw up until that time was that the car was $62,990. However, once I placed the order the summary screen showed the car for $35,000 + $27,999 for the Performance upgrade. But Tesla doesn't sell a $35,000 M3 standard....

I thought this summary was odd, didn't screenshot it. All my emails, etc, show the $62,990 price tag.

I couldn't find any info on this, but is there some creative bookkeeping going on? Is this normal?