Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s worth noting that my estimated delivery date still doesn’t give me a date range, it just says “Dec. 2022”.

Still on Dec 2022 with no VIN… Three more days for Tesla to deliver.
Not being a downer, but it seems very unlikely at this point. A lot would still have to get done in the next 3 days, even after you get a VIN. They still need to arrange for payment, confirm insurance, title and registration information. Tesla moves fast, but not that fast.

We are well past the crazy resell/trade-in values of 9 months ago. Carmax literally told me yesterday that when they buy Model 3s, they no longer use them for retail inventory - they just send them off to the wholesalers.

I expect used Model 3 prices to further continue to drop, quickly. Especially since the RWD and all Model Ys will be eligible for the full $7500 tax incentive from Jan through March 2023, and possibly beyond.

When the standard model used prices go down, it drags down the Performance prices, too.
I get your points and agreed with all until a couple days ago, however now that they have sold 100% of their new model 3 inventory (source ev-cpo.com), perhaps they don’t have an issue with excess inventory; and therefore will bring prices back up?

Also looks like the 7500 won’t be available until 2nd qtr 2023 as the feds are still deciding what qualifies

I get your points and agreed with all until a couple days ago, however now that they have sold 100% of their new model 3 inventory (source ev-cpo.com), perhaps they don’t have an issue with excess inventory; and therefore will bring prices back up?

Also looks like the 7500 won’t be available until 2nd qtr 2023 as the feds are still deciding what qualifies
Although their new inventory is certainly low, they’re still producing cars at full capacity so it’s not like people have to wait months to get one.

The $7500 is available on Jan 1. The ‘deciding’ part is about the batteries, and until they figure that out, it looks like people can take the full $7500.

How do you guys deal with winter tires for the M3 Performance?

I am changing my order from a 2023 M3LR to a used 2021 M3P in tesla inventory. I will keep the 20" Uberturbine for summer and need a set for winter. I prefer the cheapest and smallest one possible. SA told me that I can have the 18" installed on delivery for 1950 euros. I don't want to tell that he is wrong but also don't want a negative surprise when picking it up (service center is 3h away from my place). When I look the description it clearly say "This package is not compatible with Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with the Performance Upgrade"

What am I missing?- I really want to avoid something like "hey man, those brakes are too big for this wheels, pay more for this other one and come back next week"

Last edited:
Not being a downer, but it seems very unlikely at this point. A lot would still have to get done in the next 3 days, even after you get a VIN. They still need to arrange for payment, confirm insurance, title and registration information. Tesla moves fast, but not that fast.
You are right, unlikely now. Not sure why the system won’t update estimate to Jan or later.

Reactions: Scare Croe
I've had a VIN assigned since the 24th on an existing inventory 3P, but still no call. SA said I’d get a call when the car is in town. I’m losing hope for a December delivery.
FYI when I called Tesla, they were not able to give me any info about when my VIN would be assigned and car delivered. But the same day I walked into a Tesla showroom and asked the same question, and they were able to see that it was going to be produced in the next day. Don’t know why they could see more, but maybe worth a shot.

FYI when I called Tesla, they were not able to give me any info about when my VIN would be assigned and car delivered. But the same day I walked into a Tesla showroom and asked the same question, and they were able to see that it was going to be produced in the next day. Don’t know why they could see more, but maybe worth a shot.
My car is already built but I don’t know where it is. On the 31st I’ll probably just drive to the Sunnyvale showroom and take a chance it may be there.

Did anyone else get a text like this one from there SA?

Hi there, We are super excited to facilitate your pick-up tomorrow! Due to to the high volume of deliveries we are facilitating there may be delays so we ask that you please DO NO accept delivery in your Tesla app until you get a text from us stating that the vehicle is ready WITH a spot number. Thank you!
- Tesla Dublin

Did anyone else get a text like this one from there SA?

Hi there, We are super excited to facilitate your pick-up tomorrow! Due to to the high volume of deliveries we are facilitating there may be delays so we ask that you please DO NO accept delivery in your Tesla app until you get a text from us stating that the vehicle is ready WITH a spot number. Thank you!
- Tesla Dublin
I’ve not gotten anything (still no VIN). But it would seem like it is an extra precaution to remind you not to "accept delivery" until you physically take delivery.

Last edited:
Picked up earlier today. Everything looks good with QC on the car. It drives so much better than my 2020 Model 3 Performance. Tighter, yet not at all brittle-feeling over bumps. Very quiet too, love the double-paned glass and faster MCU3.

IMG_0490.jpeg