Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Pricing in Canada - What we know

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't have loan details available. I just tried calling Yorkdale, Customer Care and Inside Sales. Nobody has Canadian financing information available.

Nor any way to appraise your trade-in against a Model 3.

You don't have to select Cash or Financing yet do you?

I assume "Cash" means you find another way to pay for the car (through another financer or if you have all cash) versus financing means you finance through them?

Can you also take a screenshot of the Loans tab too??? Please???

You don't have to select Cash or Financing yet do you?

I assume "Cash" means you find another way to pay for the car (through another financer or if you have all cash) versus financing means you finance through them?

36/48/60/72/84 months = 3.90%. 96 months = 4.25%

Last edited:
Just got my invite Thursday, current Model X owner, first day reservation. I ordered it in deep blue metallic with LR, EAP, PUP and black aero wheels. Delivery in 4 to 8 weeks in Ontario, so just before the election!

Does election mean anything if model 3 is not on the EV list yet? If I were you, I wouldn't order until I see model 3 on the EV list. Ontario "may not" add anything to the list between now and election completed (and who know if the list is still there after election). As far as I know, any project/ activities related to public facing/ announcement between Mar - Sept had to be on a WRIT list for approval. The WRIT lists were submitted from all the Ministries in January. People were talking about taking advantage of $14K but they forget that model 3 may or may not ever make it way to the EV list prior to election completed.

Does election mean anything if model 3 is not on the EV list yet? If I were you, I wouldn't order until I see model 3 on the EV list. Ontario "may not" add anything to the list between now and election completed (and who know if the list is still there after election). As far as I know, any project/ activities related to public facing/ announcement between Mar - Sept had to be on a WRIT list for approval. The WRIT lists were submitted from all the Ministries in January. People were talking about taking advantage of $14K but they forget that model 3 may or may not ever make it way to the EV list prior to election completed.

While I agree with what you're saying, the Model 3 configurator makes mention of the $14k rebate in a few places. Looks like they are still working with the government to get the list updated. I would certainly feel better seeing it on the list prior to ordering though.

**EDIT** I just called Tesla customer service. The person I spoke to said he had a couple people call in about this already. He spoke to a woman recently who said she called the MoT and they told her that any vehicles not on the EHVIP list won't qualify for the rebate.

I told the rep I won't place my order until I get further confirmation. He flagged my account for followup on Monday when his management is back in the office. I'll have to wait until then to hear back and will update on here accordingly.

I urge you all to call and help raise this concern to the top of the pile. 1(888) 518-3752

Last edited:
While I agree with what you're saying, the Model 3 configurator makes mention of the $14k rebate in a few places. Looks like they are still working with the government to get the list updated. I would certainly feel better seeing it on the list prior to ordering though.

**EDIT** I just called Tesla customer service. The personal I spoke to said he had a couple people call in about this already. He spoke to a woman recently who said she called the MoT and they told her that any vehicles not on the EHVIP list won't qualify for the rebate.

I told the rep I won't play my order until I get further confirmation. He flagged my account for followup on Monday when his management is back in the office. I'll have to wait until then to hear back and will update on here accordingly.

Good call. If Tesla sales becomes aware Canadians are holding back on ordering to see the 3 in print it might speed things up.

Good call. If Tesla sales becomes aware Canadians are holding back on ordering to see the 3 in print it might speed things up.

Seriously? I value the concern, but Tesla is NOT having a problem finding buyers for the Model 3. I think I read there's 36,000 Canadians on the wait list - Tesla could run at 2,500 / week and have Canadian buyers (ignoring outstanding US buyers, not to mention international waitlisters) for 3 months straight. They won't have trouble with demand for several years, rebate or no rebate. It's supply that's the problem!

Seriously? I value the concern, but Tesla is NOT having a problem finding buyers for the Model 3. I think I read there's 36,000 Canadians on the wait list - Tesla could run at 2,500 / week and have Canadian buyers (ignoring outstanding US buyers, not to mention international waitlisters) for 3 months straight. They won't have trouble with demand for several years, rebate or no rebate. It's supply that's the problem!

According to small data points on the forum, most people are not ordering until AWD is out

Rebate is a nice add on definitely.

But if RWD could have rebate but AWD could not due to coming ON elections, it would be tough choice (rebate makes long range battery upgrade covered)

1)Do all 36000 purchase without the rebate? 2) If not how many fall off? 3) How many are just doing nothing and seeing if the model gets listed on the evip site?

It's in Tesla's best interest to sort it out one way or another.

Reactions: Pescakl1
According to small data points on the forum, most people are not ordering until AWD is out

Rebate is a nice add on definitely.

But if RWD could have rebate but AWD could not due to coming ON elections, it would be tough choice (rebate makes long range battery upgrade covered)

OK, I just looked, and you're right @ytwytw - small sample size, but 4 of 4 Canadians on the invites spreadsheet have deferred, and 3 cite "waiting for AWD" as the reason. I'll admit, that's the reason I first got interested in Tesla because I wanted an EV and there's almost no AWD EVs available (I'm fine in the city and highways in winter in 2WD, but I can't reach our place in the Gatineau Hills in winter without AWD).

In fact, there's 74 Canadians on the Invites spreadsheet. Of those that indicated a preference, 34 out of 42 (81%) want AWD or Performance (which includes AWD). I'm pretty surprised it's that high.

I am afraid that not much Tesla can do at this point. If their application was processed and the list will be updated shortly then we're all good to go (wait) but if Tesla has just started the application then nothing will move for the next couple of months. Government employees were instructed that non-urgent issues/ projects will not be approved/ reviewed during this election period.

OK, I just looked, and you're right @ytwytw - small sample size, but 4 of 4 Canadians on the invites spreadsheet have deferred, and 3 cite "waiting for AWD" as the reason. I'll admit, that's the reason I first got interested in Tesla because I wanted an EV and there's almost no AWD EVs available (I'm fine in the city and highways in winter in 2WD, but I can't reach our place in the Gatineau Hills in winter without AWD).

In fact, there's 74 Canadians on the Invites spreadsheet. Of those that indicated a preference, 34 out of 42 (81%) want AWD or Performance (which includes AWD). I'm pretty surprised it's that high.

I am not surprised that most Canadians want AWD, it's a huge selling point for most other cars in this country.

But the looming election will cause a lot of those people to question if they really NEED AWD, myself included, in order to secure the rebate.