Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you tell if it was plain white or the pearl white multi-coat? The other white ones looked plain to me. This one looks different. Might be the lighting.
I can't be sure but I lean towards that Model 3 I photographed being pearl white multi-coat, not plain white.

I remain astonished that Tesla dropped plain white paint as a choice and has not reinstated it. Basic white is one of the most popular automotive colors. Every car manufacturer offers it. Tesla should too.

I can't be sure but I lean towards that Model 3 I photographed being pearl white multi-coat, not plain white.

I remain astonished that Tesla dropped plain white paint as a choice and has not reinstated it. Basic white is one of the most popular automotive colors. Every car manufacturer offers it. Tesla should too.

Perhaps there were not enough cost-conscious people ordering plain white to justify the hassle of offering it. That will probably change with the Model 3 given the lower price point and higher volumes.

Perhaps there were not enough cost-conscious people ordering plain white to justify the hassle of offering it. That will probably change with the Model 3 given the lower price point and higher volumes.
I always figured it was the other way around. I thought lots of people were ordering plain white and not paying any extra for it. Since pearl white was still offered, they were able to get many people to to pay $1500 extra to get white (or $1000 for one of the other colors offered).

Dropping the very popular solid white pushes people to pay the $1500 for pearl white, which may be excusable for an expensive Model S, but not for the "affordable" Model 3 meant for the masses. I actually prefer a bright solid white to pearl white. I have pearl white on my CR-V (a standard color), and a tiny ding was impossible to repair easily, or well. Solid white can look new for decades; pearl white reflects the colors around it, so can look decidedly off white. That said, offer solid white as a standard color and pearl white as an option for those who prefer it.

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake

But they can charge extra for the pearl white. So if someone really wants white, they have to upgrade. And that is mostly profit for them.

Last edited:
oh my - that looks awesome. Its funny how dark it looks from the back.
That front shot gives you a really good idea of how much road you'll be able to see through the steering wheel.
There's your spaceship, right there.
Would it be against the engineers' NDA's to tell a fan what they think of the driving experience? Like the guy in the silver car who was chatting it up with the cyclist.

(Two on the right)
Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 4.24.57 PM.png

First Model 3 with front license plate bracket spotted.

Video
Streamable - free video publishing

Two kill switches! Now I know for sure they're just trolling us :D

View attachment 232181
One is a kill switch in the traditional sense (to shut off the car). The other kill switch is to blast away any gawker who gets too close to the car or who gets too obnoxious with the driver. Good thing @physicsfita exercised some restraint when he took these beautiful pictures. :)