Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they cracked the windshield :eek:
img_2726-jpg.232184
I acknowledge each has their own opinion ..... and they are all valid. But here is mine:

The absolutely beautiful Model 3 pictured above has one detail that I think (hope) should/will be corrected.
The photo portrays the detail beautifully.

The horizontal line (crease) that wraps around the side beneath the headlamps, then begins to continue across the front .... only to be interrupted by a different design element that projects above the line to form a (IMHO) discordant element. I don't think it is ugly, and is not a deal breaker ... but look how much more beautiful the picture below is that illustrates that same area.
The design is so simple and so elegant that there is no need to apply additional ornaments (like the mustache or faux grille on the S)

Yes, I have uploaded the picture before ... I think it is absolutely, stunningly beautiful!!!

Attachments

• ashRZB4.jpg
    ashRZB4.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Carl
Dropping the very popular solid white pushes people to pay the $1500 for pearl white, which may be excusable for an expensive Model S, but not for the "affordable" Model 3 meant for the masses. I actually prefer a bright solid white to pearl white. I have pearl white on my CR-V (a standard color), and a tiny ding was impossible to repair easily, or well. Solid white can look new for decades; pearl white reflects the colors around it, so can look decidedly off white. That said, offer solid white as a standard color and pearl white as an option for those who prefer it.

This is very true, repairs on pearl white cars are notoriously hard to do. The "pearl" makes it difficult to match during repairs especially as the car ages.

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake
I acknowledge each has their own opinion ..... and they are all valid. But here is mine:

The absolutely beautiful Model 3 pictured above has one detail that I think (hope) should/will be corrected.

The horizontal line (crease) that wraps around the side beneath the headlamps, then begins to continue across the front .... only to be interrupted by a different design element that projects above the line to form a (IMHO) discordant element. I don't think it is ugly, and is not a deal breaker ... but look how much more beautiful the picture below is that illustrates that same area.
The design is so simple and so elegant that there is no need to apply additional ornaments (like the mustache or faux grille on the S)

Yes, I have uploaded the picture before ... I think it is absolutely, stunningly beautiful!!!
I can see and understand the appeal of the front in that picture, but I'm glad they didn't go that route. It is appealing, but to me is bland and characterless. It's a safe design, but bares too much resemblance to Porsche or Corvette and many others.

What they ended up with is more inline with the Tesla design language. I was fine even with the original more prominent nose on the alphas, but it was probably bit too polarizing for some. The softened look they ended up with is good change as it still retains the design language yet made slightly less polarizing. Of course, some still may not like it, but one can't please everyone as we clearly see in threads day after day.

I don't like how that silver one's noise comes to a point.

Interesting. I don't own Tesla so owners please comment, how accurate is that 95mi estimate compared to the graph? I was able to fit the bar 3 times, and it just barely went over the dotted line. Does that mean the full charge is ~3x95 plus some?

Based on the remaining time and charge rate info of that photo, it calculates to a range of ~236 miles. However, I believe the dashed line on the battery pack animation looks like it's planned to stop a 90% charge. That would indicate a full charge of ~262 miles... I'll take that!