Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really hoping that is not the final steering wheel... PLEASE!!!

Why? I really like it and the scroll wheels. I think some of the material in the wheel doesn't seem final... but the design probably is.

As others have noted, it appears that you use the right side stalk to engage EAP. My guess is that, when you are in "D", another push down on the stalk engages EAP. But how does one engage TACC and not EAP? Maybe there is no longer a distinction between them? And how does one set the TACC interval between you and the car ahead?

AND WHAT THE HECK ARE THE TWO SMALL ROUND BALLS ON THE STEERING WHEEL SPOKES? Maybe they are trackballs that control a cursor on the center display? But that seems awkward. I don't think that is what they are for. But they certainly are functional and not just decoration. Very interesting...

SCROLL WHEELS! :)

Used to be a lack of awareness of self driving mode state would cause accidents. People would think the car was driving when it was not.

The light on the rear view mirror might communicate who is driving.

Yeah but that light looks to be visible mainly from the passenger side, if that's the case you'd think it would be on the left of the mirror(driver side)

Used to be a lack of awareness of self driving mode state would cause accidents. People would think the car was driving when it was not.

The light on the rear view mirror might communicate who is driving.

Yeah but that light looks to be visible mainly from the passenger side, if that's the case you'd think it would be on the left of the mirror(driver side)

Some awesome UI tidbits of AWESOME gleaned from the High Res interior shots.....

scroll.jpg

open.jpg

You can open the charge port door from inside. Here's hoping it fully opens for full autonomy and not just pops open a little like gas covers.

home.jpg

One press to navigate home or work? Plus Autopilot on "shifter". :) One press full autonomy to work? Sure! :)

temp.jpg

Separate climate for driver and passenger. :)

P.jpg

Big huge P where I presume speed will be when driving and 63% remaining... I wonder how many miles they drove.

It looks like the doors have changed a bit from the Alpha design. It looks like the door release is just a button. Does this mean the actual release is electric as opposed to a mechanical release mechanism?

I think the door looks really nice with the stitched leather (or leather like material) and what appears to be an alcantara panel.
I'm interested to see how it will work with different interior colors (if and when they are available)

Reactions: cdub
Some awesome UI tidbits of AWESOME gleaned from the High Res interior shots.....

View attachment 230968

View attachment 230969

You can open the charge port door from inside. Here's hoping it fully opens for full autonomy and not just pops open a little like gas covers.

View attachment 230971

One press to navigate home or work? Plus Autopilot on "shifter". :) One press full autonomy to work? Sure! :)

View attachment 230970

Separate climate for driver and passenger. :)

View attachment 230972

Big huge P where I presume speed will be when driving and 63% remaining... I wonder how many miles they drove.
If those "OPEN" icons are for the charge door, why are there 4 of them? Looks like one on each corner.

That's not 100%. I see a clear seam on the left

That's not 100%. I see a clear seam on the left side of wear a glovebox door would open. So I'm not convinced there's no glovebox.

There's a glovebox. According to the tesla show you open it via a button near the rear view mirror. Hazzard button is up there too.