Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I guess I'm screwed... ordered online 12 hours ago at around 11:15pm PST. There was an error with processing and I assumed the bank must have blocked the charge. I called them and told them to expect it. Tried submitting again 10 minutes later and it went through ("Order has been confirmed").

12 hours later... No CC activity, no email. :( Sounds like most people got their CC charge pretty quickly.

I can't get get into MyTesla page to check on my reservation numbers. I did get the confirmation email from Tesla overnight however and my credit card has a pending Tesla charge. I reserved 2 Model 3's in-store at 11:00 am yesterday. Anyone else having trouble logging into MyTesla? I ordered at the Palm Desert Tesla by the way.

I am really interested to see how they will be doing this priority stuff and first come first serve. I get that current owners get priority, but in terms of actual reservations and who comes first....just seems like to ambiguous. There is no rhyme or reason to the RN numbers and no where to follow what number you actually are in the system.

I ordered late last night. Was trying on one computer and it never accepted my card. Switched to another computer, and it worked on the first try, got confirmation page.

But now it's 12 hours later, and I still don't even have a pending charge on my credit card. I understand not having an email, and I can't get past the MyTesla redirect. But I'm very worried because I don't have a change on my card.

Should I be concerned?

I can't get get into MyTesla page to check on my reservation numbers. I did get the confirmation email from Tesla overnight however and my credit card has a pending Tesla charge. I reserved 2 Model 3's in-store at 11:00 am yesterday. Anyone else having trouble logging into MyTesla? I ordered at the Palm Desert Tesla by the way.

Go Bruins! :) How was the line at Palm Desert yesterday? I was tempted to drive out there :D

My order was placed at 9:08 PMT, no email or RN yet. However, the money was taken from the account. I guess I will just be patient, either way, I feel it will be at least 2 years before I even see the car. Kind of exciting though, a whole new way of buying a car.

I have tabulated 20-ish reservation numbers listed in this thread so far and I can confidently say that there is on visible pattern in them whatsoever (or at least not in the four digits most people are reporting). They are not correlated with reservation time, location, or online vs in-store status. At best I can speculate that they might be somehow assigned based on the first letters of your first or last name (though even that is not done sequentially).
The lowest number reported so far is 1071x and the highest is 1089x.

I ordered late last night. Was trying on one computer and it never accepted my card. Switched to another computer, and it worked on the first try, got confirmation page.

But now it's 12 hours later, and I still don't even have a pending charge on my credit card. I understand not having an email, and I can't get past the MyTesla redirect. But I'm very worried because I don't have a change on my card.

Should I be concerned?

Gah. I decided to try submitting again. Worst case, I float them a $1k loan for a little bit until it gets sorted out, I can handle that to make sure I'm in line.

New transaction appeared on my card instantly this time. Still no transaction from last night. I don't think my order from last night actually happened, despite confirmation page, which means I moved back in line by possibly 60k+ people. That sucks.

Hopefully I'll get surprised later and last night's charge will appear. But I'm not holding out hope.

Gah. I decided to try submitting again. Worst case, I float them a $1k loan for a little bit until it gets sorted out, I can handle that to make sure I'm in line.

New transaction appeared on my card instantly this time. Still no transaction from last night. I don't think my order from last night actually happened, despite confirmation page, which means I moved back in line by possibly 60k+ people. That sucks.

Hopefully I'll get surprised later and last night's charge will appear. But I'm not holding out hope.
I am in the same boat. Ordered late last night, 12 hours later no CC charge. I have also decided to order again and this time it showed up instantly. Hope I didn't lose my spot in line :(

Should I be concerned?

That happened to me too but it showed up for me under "pending authorizations." Maybe try checking there?

Approx Time Reserved: 11:50am PST, March 31, 2016
Reservation #: RN10718xxxx (from MyTesla page)
Email Received: No

Approx. Time: 3:00 p.m. 3/31
Reservation #: RN10749xxxx
Email Received: No

Out of curiosity, what's the potential harm in listing your full reservation number? It's going to be impossible to decode with 4 digits missing from everybody's. I for 1 don't mind listing mine but thought I'd ask first.