Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are people standing in line to reserve this thing? Lol...just wait until it comes out and buy it then...man this is ridiculous. I see the same nonsense with the people who stand in line outside in the cold for a silly phone.

Because if you didn't you'd be standing on the roadside looking on longingly as many thousands of Model 3 owners drive past in their new cars :) - for a year! Unlike the iphone where you could wait and buy one a couple of weeks after launch with this car you'll either be buying one off a second hand car site at 40% markup or wait until all the reservation holders get theirs.

Reactions: JenniferQ
I've seen some suggestions that there will be no sequence numbers for Model 3; possibly due to the prioritization thing. Whether that's true or not is anyone's guess. The email I got contained no numbers what-so-ever - just a confirmation of my reservation, my name, my email, and a PDF of the reservation agreement. My Tesla only shows my RN number and my contact info.

...Why are people standing in line...

Unlike a phone, after cold freezing 2 nights and a long line, you would be able to touch it, use it and got your instant gratification.

Not with your Model ≡

At the end of the line, your wallet got lighter and in the US, you don't even get a receipt.

Oh! You got a hard hand shake from a real person but that's it!

But other wise, you got nothing for a long long time.

It's a product that will not be in production in 20 months from now.

It's a product that people didn't know what it looked like, how fast would it go, how many people will it carry...

It's a product that's been out of their reach for a decade.

The "silliness" that you see is a big leap of faith.

Seems like everyone is getting their RN numbers way earlier than their e-mails. I got my e-mail after 17 hours, but my MyTesla page still only shows my Model S.

Same for me, except I ordered at 7:25 and again at 7:35 because it didn't seem like my order went through.
So now it is nearly 24 hours later and my card has the temporary charge for four cars and I received two emails but nothing on My Tesla page except for my S and the need to schedule a seat belt check, which was already completed.

Now it remains to be seen if I get one priority and one regular order with only $2000 charged to my card or two priority and two regular orders or one priority and three regular and $4000 charged. I'm good with any outcome. Only one car is getting maxed out.

Reactions: Seesaw
Still no email yet (36 hours and counting)

Approx. Time Reserved: 10:30AM ET, March 31, 2016
Reservation #:RN10818XXXX (from MyTesla page)
Email Received: No

I don't want to miss out on whatever the "small token of appreciation" is.

Also, in other news, it turns out up until today no one in my state had claimed the vanity plate TESLA3. I snagged it. It's going to look odd on the Chevy Trailblazer I just got, but I'll have fun explaining the meaning.

Approx Time Reserved: 11:30am MST, March 31, 2016
Reservation #: RN10719xxxx (from MyTesla page)

Did you already have a mytesla account? I had one already and the guy said it should link up based on the email address. I haven't checked my spam yet for the email but I have a # and a pending charge so the email doesn't really mean much to me at this point.

The funny thing is I have a pending charge and I received the email but nothing is showing up on mytesla page. The email doesn't include the RN.

Also, in other news, it turns out up until today no one in my state had claimed the vanity plate TESLA3. I snagged it. It's going to look odd on the Chevy Trailblazer I just got, but I'll have fun explaining the meaning.
Have you checked your email junk folder?

The funny thing is I have a pending charge and I received the email but nothing is showing up on mytesla page. The email doesn't include the RN.
Same, reserved at the Vegas store at !0:05 am & got the email confirmation but My Tesla only shows my S info, (the credit card I used is taking 3 days to move all transactions from pending to processed).

No offense but I always find it odd when people have vanity plates that state the same thing that's on the badging of the car, the make and model. Kind of a stating the obvious thing. And if they de-badge it, it seems even more odd.

Approx Time Reserved: 07:12 pm PST, March 31, 2016 (before 'official' opening time)
Reservation #: No Reservation number yet showing in MyTesla
Email Received: Email yes at 10:44 AM PST 4/1/16

My concerns are two:

1) How is it that Tesla is going to know that I own an MS, and thus get the priority in line?

2) How good is the 'Tesla will match your reservation email to your MY TESLA account' theory ? At what point do we determine that they really didn't match everyone ?

#2 answers #1 - with the e-mail. At least, mine got matched that way. I made a reservation from a browser that never had me logged into My Tesla account, and ~25 hours later, the Model 3 reservation number showed up in it (the account.)

No email yet either. Called my bank they see the hit but said Tesla would need to complete the transaction (aka it shows as pending) I've had my RN since Thursday afternoon though.