Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a reminder the Model3Tracker.info site will go live at around midnight tonight. Please enter your information within the next day or so. This way we can get an idea of the number of reservation which have been made. Please enter all of the information requested (Reservattion Sequence Number, City, State, Zip Code).

If the reservation for the Model 3 is like the Tesla Model X reservations you will get two numbers. They will give you a reservation number which is a number which identifies you as a customer. This number should be kept private. The second number they will assign you will be the Reservation Sequence Number. This represents your place in line and there is no risk in sharing this number with others. This is the number you should enter into Model3Tracker.info . I am co-administrator of the Model3Tracker.info site so if you have question about the system send me a private message.

Great, thanks. I received my reservation RN number last night about 11 hours after leaving the store, when does the sequence number go out?

I reserved in Burbank, CA about 30 minutes ago. The charge hit my credit card, but I, too, have yet to receive an email and can't see anything in My Tesla account.

Anyone else have/having this issue? Did it eventually show up?

What I did is log into Tesla web site using an account I had created a long time ago, After I login to Tesla an email was automatically sent from the Tesla web site giving me my reservation info. I hope this helps.

Much love to my Tesla lovers

Approx. Time: 3:00 p.m. 3/31
Reservation #: RN10749xxxx
Email Received: No

Out of curiosity, what's the potential harm in listing your full reservation number? It's going to be impossible to decode with 4 digits missing from everybody's. I for 1 don't mind listing mine but thought I'd ask first.

The only thing I can think of is that it makes it easier for people to people to mine the web for information about you. E.g., if you post your number here and in your facebook, any of your facebook contacts can google it and find your user name in this forum (and then go on digging through your old posts). Only matters if you care about online anonymity.

Approx Time Reserved: 1:15 PM EST, March 31, 2016
Reservation #: RN10797xxxx, started showing around 11:30 PM EST, March 31, 2016 (~10 hours after order)
Email Received: 5:52 PM EST, April 1, 2016 (~28.5 hours after order)

I created my Tesla account an hour after ordering.

What do the different parts of the RN mean? I don't know why I'm x'ing out the last 4 of the RN but everyone else is.

The only thing I can think of is that it makes it easier for people to people to mine the web for information about you. E.g., if you post your number here and in your facebook, any of your facebook contacts can google it and find your user name in this forum (and then go on digging through your old posts). Only matters if you care about online anonymity.

Ooh, ooh, I want to post my number. And I will. The whole thing.

Online anonymity? Is that related to blacking out your windows so no one can tell if anyone's driving? Any one finding my user name on this forum should be warned of chance of death by boredom.

I refuse to be responsible.

Reactions: Transepoch
Okay help me understand this...

My number: RN10870xxxx

The guy next to me in line gets:
RN10776xxxx
RN10742xxxx

I have sold my Model S (miss it terribly), but he is brand new to Tesla. We both were among the first 15 to register here in Portland.

Are these numbers randomized to some extent? Or did I get penalized for selling Model S? :/ ;)