Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RHD confirmed for Mid-2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Shock-On-T

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
Elon today tweeted that the RHD version of the Model 3 will be rolling out in 'summer' 2018.

I remember the original plan being simultaneous rollout of LHD and RHD lines, but it seems Tesla has decided to keep things simple to ensure a smooth launch.

Personally this just make me even happier I couldn't wait and got a Model S, but it must be a blow to Australian reservation holders who are waiting for the Model 3.

All true. In a way the later release to Australia will probably give us access to the higher spec models from the start.
I'll probably keep my Model S and get my wife the Model 3 with the smallest battery anyway.

Personally this just make me even happier I couldn't wait and got a Model S, but it must be a blow to Australian reservation holders who are waiting for the Model 3.

Me too but a MX instead of the MS.

Looking forward to being a Tesla only family when the M3 arrives and happy Tesla may have pumped out a couple hundred thousand M3's by then to iron out the inevitable wrinkles.

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Elon today tweeted that the RHD version of the Model 3 will be rolling out in 'summer' 2018.

I remember the original plan being simultaneous rollout of LHD and RHD lines, but it seems Tesla has decided to keep things simple to ensure a smooth launch.

Yeah its a big blow. I kinda assumed it would be a two year wait from reserving and this will make it a two year and three month wait. But even assuming that I hoped they would be able to set up their production line like other manufacturers and produce LHD and RHD vehicles on the same line.

That's a bit of a bummer given that I am moving to Australia in 2 months time. Hoped I could bridge to the Model 3 with a rented/loaned car for a few months but that is obviously not really viable anymore.

Anybody any ideas what the best plan of action is if i need a car in australia from June 2017 until the M3 arrives (I am a day 1 or 2 reservation holder so should hopefully get it rather early in Aus)

That's a bit of a bummer given that I am moving to Australia in 2 months time. Hoped I could bridge to the Model 3 with a rented/loaned car for a few months but that is obviously not really viable anymore.

Anybody any ideas what the best plan of action is if i need a car in australia from June 2017 until the M3 arrives (I am a day 1 or 2 reservation holder so should hopefully get it rather early in Aus)
What's your budget? Where are you going to live? What will your needs be? That's such a wide question.