Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Road Trip @ Toronto Tesla Lawrence Jan 4th 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ironically, I wasn't able to make it to Vaghnan, but managed to see You You down in Grimsby SC around 3:30-4pm. He apparently was on his way to Niagara Falls where I was returning from.
7ACA7527-69D3-4A2F-A70D-F6A4110231E9.jpeg
EDC456D9-DBC4-47D2-9FF8-10592C5CF97F.jpeg

He said he lived in England and he will export the car there and will do a meet and greet in Europe.

Interesting, but if I'm correct, the charger port is different over in Europe so he might not be able to use the infrastructure (Superchargers). I wonder if he's expecting Tesla to switch up the port connection on the car?

He's having a rough slog through the North - range limitations because of the severe temperatures and now a couple of burst tires.

Interesting, but if I'm correct, the charger port is different over in Europe so he might not be able to use the infrastructure (Superchargers). I wonder if he's expecting Tesla to switch up the port connection on the car?
I think he said he plans to use the chademo adapter during his tour in Europe, but he tried it out and it's not working, Tesla needs to enable it on the software side.

He doesn't have California plates yet from what I heard since the car is so new. And instead of risking being pulled over for no plates during his travels, he slapped on his GB plates just to have something on the car.
I think that's almost worse legally. Can you imagine "yes officer I don't have my plates yet so I put fake/unregistered/belongs on a different car plates on, haven't done anything illegal using my car either..."

California manages plates for new cars strangely. They issue a microscopic temporary permit (which he had duly displayed in the lower corner of the windshield) and then send you a plate which you have six months to install. I don't get the England part, either. You You doesn't seem to have the slightest hint of an English accent, though he does use British/Canadian spellings.

California manages plates for new cars strangely. They issue a microscopic temporary permit (which he had duly displayed in the lower corner of the windshield) and then send you a plate which you have six months to install. I don't get the England part, either. You You doesn't seem to have the slightest hint of an English accent, though he does use British/Canadian spellings.

I remember Steve Jobs never plated his SL55. So to get around it legally, he bought a new one every six months.

I sat in it for about 20 min and he took me for a quick test ride. Interior is beautiful, best thought out interior by Tesla by a mile. Car seemed very tight and well put together. New HVAC works incredibly well, it was - 20C and it was cranking out the heat, even to the back seat. New airflow system is amazing and very responsive to the touch controls. Screen resolution is a huge step up and maps pan and zoom far better than the S or X. Easier to get in and out of than the S is, and much more rear headroom, and better visibility out the front. If you were cross shopping the 3 and the S, there would be zero reason to get the S, unless the extra storage was critical, or you were looking into the higher end, faster S. (I own an S60)