Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the disabling of the TACC on lane change is ridiculous. My 2018 Tiguan (for another 6 days) allows lane change without disabling it. The lane keep assistant tries to hold you in the lane unless you indicate; but either way the cruise does not disable unless you turn it off or brake.
Hey, hold off the moans until you get the car! (You have misunderstood. AP disables on lane change but TACC doesn't.)

Reactions: TimboUK
Just got the registration and vin text , so now have the reg number :D
No payment info yet though
Collection 3rd Dec.

Just got an email today requesting Payment :D

Out of interest i accidently sent a test payment ( £10 ) without my RN number as a reference . I know its only £10, but who do i contact about getting this back or assigned to my car invoice . I noticed the error of my ways once i had sent it :( .

Last edited:
Has anyone else awaiting delivery organised insurance yet or is this only possible on delivery day?

I have tried to do comparisons via Gocompare but the car reg doesn't exist on the websites yet.

I also noticed that the comparison sites don't have RWD on them....

Has anyone else awaiting delivery organised insurance yet or is this only possible on delivery day?

I have tried to do comparisons via Gocompare but the car reg doesn't exist on the websites yet.

I sorted mine with Privlege, had to ring them up though, they put it down as a standard range plus. The only options were, performance, long range or standard range plus rwd.

Reactions: Millenium101

Compare the market now shows RWD - small bunch of insurers are popping up. The reason for Reg not showing up is Tesla..and any other dealer tend to only register the car on the day. Stops the hassle if someone cancels and they have to re-do paper work etc.
I called Admiral and got quoted £800 for the year.

Now wondering about tax, but guess the logbook will be given on the day so that I can tax.

Compare the market now shows RWD - small bunch of insurers are popping up. The reason for Reg not showing up is Tesla..and any other dealer tend to only register the car on the day. Stops the hassle if someone cancels and they have to re-do paper work etc.
I called Admiral and got quoted £800 for the year.

Now wondering about tax, but guess the logbook will be given on the day so that I can tax.
They do the first year tax when they register. Just remember to tax next year. My mate hasn't and got a fine from DVLA not taxing his £0 (for now) EV. He never realised that even tho its zero he still has buy it and at the checkout not pay anything.

Reactions: linkinruss

I’ve managed to sort mine, I got a quote through go-compare by just filling out the make model (as standard range) etc, then contacted the insurance company that was cheapest and told them my reg. It then allowed me to buy the insurance. A bit of hassle but it always is..

I didn’t want the faf of trying to sort insurance on the day of collection. Just 15 more sleeps!!!🤣🤣