Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO - corruption issues is because your drive is too slow or of low quality (I consider Sandisk lower quality). Tesla may have fixed it in later versions of v9, but with the addition of the two side cameras also writing onto your drive, your drive probably cant keep up and thus corrupting. I received 5.4 yesterday afternoon and have driven about an hour and have kept sentry mode on without any corruption issues.

I (and others) have not had any issues with corruption since v9 first rolled out with teslacam. I use a Samsung Endurance Pro 128gb microSD with microusb to usb adapter. Other people utilizing SSDs or other samsung devices seem to have no issues as well. I read about corruption issues with cheap drives and a lot of sandisk drives (especially the iXpand lightning cable combo and the sandisk drive with the built in wifi).

If you are utilizing TeslaCam or Sentry mode - dont cheap out on the storage. What happens when you were hoping to capture an event only to find out that your drive was corrupted? IMO - those drives with the gimmicky features (wifi or lightning cable built into the drive) is not necessary. You should only really be pulling videos when you need to. Spending the extra minute to turning off teslacam, unplugging the drive, and plugging it into a computer does not take much time

I have a high speed high quality USB, Samsung Xtreme I believe. It has worked flawlessly until the update yesterday and it has corrupted twice since. The drive is not the issue.

you can use an adapter like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portable-Reader-RS-MMC-Micro/dp/B006T9B6R2

I have one with USB c and regular USB A - so I can plug it into my Android phone and read files, if necessary. The one I own they no longer sell, but there are others like it:

https://www.amazon.com/Nekteck-Additional-Standard-Connector-Included/dp/B06XY3B3DQ/
Can you use a SanDisk iXPAND drive for this, and be able to view the dash cam videos from your iPhone?

Reactions: davedavedave
Can you use a SanDisk iXPAND drive for this, and be able to view the dash cam videos from your iPhone?

I'm also using the Sandisk iXPAND USB drive with my dash cam and it works flawlessly to view videos from my iPhone. No issues with corrupted drive or videos.

The only thing I had to do was after installing v2019.5.4 it caused the "grey [x]" to appear which I just had to reformat the drive to FAT32 using my mac and reinserted the drive and the red recording dot works when driving and when Sentry mode is turned on.

Haven’t seen this mentioned and I think both of these are new but maybe I just didn’t notice before. You now have the option to “tap to delay” a lane change with on Navigate on Autopilot:

9AA65DB3-A7EA-4BE3-80CF-F4E25EE06DD8.jpeg

Cars in the blind spot or in the way of a lane change also show up red in addition to the red blind spot line:

16E6AAE6-47E6-4B08-8803-B44900BDA248.jpeg

Haven’t seen this mentioned and I think both of these are new but maybe I just didn’t notice before. You now have the option to “tap to delay” a lane change with on Navigate on Autopilot:

View attachment 380482

Cars in the blind spot or in the way of a lane change also show up red in addition to the red blind spot line:

View attachment 380483
I think that's definitely new. So you tap the screen to delay the lane change?

I believe this will not work (for viewing the dashcam videos on an iOS device), since iOS only supports reading photos and videos from the "DCIM" directory on a flash drive. So it can't access files in the custom TeslaCam directory AFAIK.
Interesting. @HelloJohnny said he is using it for just this purpose. @HelloJohnny , can you confirm you can view TeslaCam videos directly from the iXPAND on your iPhone, without first having to download to your computer?

I was looking at the app (not a Tesla-fi user) at the moment when Greenland was still listed in the partial list. I also thought "wow" how cool is that. Made me wonder how they got their car -- assume shipped over from Canada?

Just checked our forum and not seeing any Community forum area to include Greenland and a search didn't locate anyone posting from there. Would be cool if the owner joined TMC and gave us his impressions of driving the car and photos of it from there.

The Greenland person happened to see my post, and he sent me a PM explaining it.

He simply changed his location to Greenland to be funny. That's my kind of humor so I get it.

The car isn't actually in Greenland.

The Greenland person happened to see my post, and he sent me a PM explaining it.

He simply changed his location to Greenland to be funny. That's my kind of humor so I get it.

The car isn't actually in Greenland.
" And YOU! Friendless. Brainless. Helpless. Hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were? Unemployed? In Greenland?!"

hehe - sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity ;)

Interesting. @HelloJohnny said he is using it for just this purpose. @HelloJohnny , can you confirm you can view TeslaCam videos directly from the iXPAND on your iPhone, without first having to download to your computer?

I was able to view TeslaCam videos directly on my iphone using the iXPAND app/USB drive but just a few mins my car notified me that sentry mode and alarm was trigger. I went out to check my car and no damages on my car. (False trigger, someone was just super close to my car when getting into the car parked next to me)

I went to connect the iXPAND USB drive to my iPhone to view the footage and of course it didn't connect or read. I needed to bring the drive to my computer at work to view the footage.

Not sure what causes the error to not be able to view/download videos from the drive on my phone. I will try to reformat and test again tonight when I'm off work. Shouldn't be an issue since it's the same folder "TeslaCam" that I used to format and saved all files. I even pressed and hold the dashcam icon to safely remove the drive.

So today, I moved slightly into the lane to my right since some cars were hanging into my lane on the left, and the car was not happy. Tons of beeping and warnings that I had exited my lane. No other cars around on my right. I wonder if this is said blindspot monitoring? Was pretty trippy.

I noticed that today, didn't realize it was new. I was in the carpool lane (although I don't have that option checked) so the car keeps wanting me to move out of the lane. I pressed the "tap to delay," the delay lasted less than a second before the change lane notice came up again. Tried three times - was hoping the delay would be a bit longer.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
I noticed that today, didn't realize it was new. I was in the carpool lane (although I don't have that option checked) so the car keeps wanting me to move out of the lane. I pressed the "tap to delay," the delay lasted less than a second before the change lane notice came up again. Tried three times - was hoping the delay would be a bit longer.

Yeah the delay isn’t very long.