Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it was a fluke or if this was mentioned already, but when I preheated the car from the app this morning only the driver seat warmer turned on (to the setting I had it on when I parked the car).

I’m noticing this as well. Only had the drivers seat heater at maximum last night and I just turned the heating on in my car and it remembered the settings. None of the rear seats turned on. I’m going to test this again when I get to work to confirm.

Reactions: ChrisH
I just tested this again. Left one of the rear seat heaters on when I parked my car at work. Turned it back on from the app just now and only the drivers seat heat went on. It appears that it won't remember the heat setting for any of the rear seats. Unsure if the same is true for the front passenger seat.

• Informative
Reactions: Deraillor
Solely judging by what I can see on TeslaFi, the rollout seems to have stopped for this update. I wonder if it has anything to do with the USB drive corruption issues some have reported?

Capture.PNG

• Helpful
Reactions: MikeATL
Solely judging by what I can see on TeslaFi, the rollout seems to have stopped for this update. I wonder if it has anything to do with the USB drive corruption issues some have reported?

View attachment 380786

If anything I think the reports of the sentry mode "eye" staying on the screen while people are driving covering up the UI, and requiring a reboot of the MCU to clear, would be the likely cause of the rollout being paused.

Or it could just be their standard pause to allow time to get feedback before releasing the next wave.

Reactions: ConcordeSST

View attachment 380786

For me, I was able to set off the Sentry Model alarm by pounding on my windows in version 2019.5.3. When updated to 2019.5.4, the alarm no longer went off when pounding on the windows. I even tried hitting it harder with no luck, and I didn't want to try hitting even harder than what I was doing. I submitted a bug report on that.

• Informative
Reactions: ConcordeSST
Interesting. @HelloJohnny said he is using it for just this purpose. @HelloJohnny , can you confirm you can view TeslaCam videos directly from the iXPAND on your iPhone, without first having to download to your computer?
iXpand is different from using a Lightning OTG adapter with a standard USB drive as the previous poster proposed. With iXpand drives you need their app which only works with these drives (they use some kind of proprietary access method). It doesn't work with a standard USB drive.

One method to access files on a standard USB drive on the go with an iOS device is to use a small portable file server such as this one:

MobileLite Wireless G3 & Pro — Portable Charger, SD Card Reader | Kingston

It creates its own Wifi network and exposes the content of a connected USB drive via an internal web server (accessible via Safari) as well as SMB (which you can access from an iOS device with Kingston's app as well as some other apps such as Infuse).

Last edited:
Only thing I noticed with this update is the timing of the battery contactors closing has changed. It happens much sooner after waking up the car, and also the distinct "click-clunk" sound is sped up, both contactors close nearly simultaneously now.

So I just realized that with the new software, they also changed how the Dashcam footages are saved. They are now exactly the same as the Sentry Mode "incident". No more adding "saved" in front of the filenames. Each "save" will put the 30 files (10 min) into a saved folder under SavedClips folder just like Sentry Mode. And RecentClips folder contains the 60 min buffer for both Dashcam and Sentry Mode. It is much cleaner than before.

Also my OTG adapter that came with my Pixel 3 XL works perfectly with the flash drive. I can just watch the clips on my phone and delete the incident folders if they are just random people got too close.

@PoitNarf I too have been using the NOA delay (also hadn't heard many mention it) . The delay buys you about 10 seconds initially, but once NOA decides a move is eminent then the pause almost immediately disappears.

I have had one false positive with lane change chime where I signaled and moved over dispite the warnings because I had no idea what it saw was a hazard.

Is 2019.5.x update only for Teslas with autopilot software activated? My Model 3 has the hardware for autopilot but not the software because I have not purchased it yet. So I was wondering if my car will get this update?

It was initially only going out to 3’s in California but they started pushing it to the rest of the US a few days ago. However the deployment has stopped again most likely due to newly discovered bugs that Tesla wants to fix before resuming. Most Model 3’s out there are still on 2018.50.6. You’ll get the update eventually, just gotta be patient.

It was initially only going out to 3’s in California but they started pushing it to the rest of the US a few days ago. However the deployment has stopped again most likely due to newly discovered bugs that Tesla wants to fix before resuming. Most Model 3’s out there are still on 2018.50.6. You’ll get the update eventually, just gotta be patient.

Thanks PoitNarf! My Model 3 is also on 2018.50.6. Good to know that this update is not just for autopilot-active Teslas.